Customer Service we should expect?
783 0 2015-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianInMN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87310 ft
United States

I keep thinking DJI is a big company, they don't need any help, they'll figure it out.  After all they were moving to a new facility which would surely improve the speed of service.  It just so happened I sent my I1, which I love by the way, in for repair just as they finished moving the the new facliity.  At the time it was going to be a 5-6 week wait time, but hey it's a new facility so it'll probably be sooner right?  Nope, now it's 8 weeks could be more could be less.  Unfortunately I'm leaning towards more.

It brings me to the questions, What should DJI be doing to solve their customer service crisis?  Some may say crisis is too strong of a word but if this were happening in my company I would consider it a crisis.  Do they owe us customers, who have invested a substancial amount of money and time in their product, an explanation and plan for improving their service model? I don't think that's an unreasonable request.   Considering the amount paid for the product we are stakeholders in this company, like it or not.  The disturbing thing to me is that, other than occasionally apologies from Ed here on the forum, nobody really seems to care.  Communication is abysmal.

I would really like to know what the plan is, wouldn't you?  In all honesty telling me they're moving to a new location doesn't tell me much of anything.  What process changes are they considering?  How many repair technicians are you adding?  Does it take a long time to train them?  Does nobody want the job?  Are you strongly considering outsourcing the work to your vendors?  How about some pictures and videos of the repair facilities, I keep imagining some sort of assembly line?  It would be cool to see, I would be interested.  They could do a video showing us what a repair technician goes through when they work on an inspire, like an interview.  I'm sure there's a lot involved!  I would find this interesting.

What do I expect from writing this?  Nothing, I suppose.  You never know though.  It would be great if DJI took as much pride in service as they do sales.  The product is fantastic, the service, Geeeeeesh...  I suspect they didn't predict their own level of success.  If DJI wants to keep it going they better do something about the service though.  If they don't there will be another company who will do it better.

2015-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules