8199 121 2022-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912661 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI FPV (Avata) Controller 2 - When will they be in stock??

Sure this has probably been asked before.. but I'm not just getting sick of waiting, I'm getting annoyed that DJI doesn't seem to answer!
Surely it can't be that hard. They'll be someone that has placed an X amount of the controllers to be made and a date when they will be ready. Can't DJI just share this with us?

Even if DJI said it'll be in 4 months time, least we'll be able to look at other options.

Other options being paying some ripoff merchant that wants £400 for the £130 controller..!

Thanks,
Dragonfyr

2022-10-7
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Same... Not sure what's up with that product.

Importer said 50 would have been delivered last Monday, and 2 weeks later 300..  but not sure what this really means and if it's a guess... Haven't heard anything. Ordered 3 weeks ago
2022-10-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

They've been out of stock at all major DJI retailers here in the US.  None of the retailers will predict when they will get stock in.  
2022-10-8
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

@DJI Anything??
2022-10-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. We would recommend leaving your email in the "IN STOCK REMINDER" option so you'll be notified when this RC is available on our store website. You may also want to check our other dealers or re-seller as well using the link below for you to possibly purchase the said remote controller. Thank you for understanding.

https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy/retail-stores
2022-10-8
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-8 20:30
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. We would recommend leaving your email in the "IN STOCK REMINDER" option so you'll be notified when this RC is available on our store website. You may also want to check our other dealers or re-seller as well using the link below for you to possibly purchase the said remote controller. Thank you for understanding.

https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy/retail-stores

Yep, already done all of that. As I'm sure many others have too.

We need dates from DJI. A rough idea of when we can expect some to be in stock.

Kind regards,
Dragonfyr
2022-10-8
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

Bla bla stock reminder blabla.... Worthless...

Answer one question: IS THE REMOTE STILL IN PRODUCTION?!
2022-10-8
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

no idea what you're doing, I bought 2 weeks ago on Amazon the remote for 105€ and got delivered 2 weeks later
2022-10-9
Use props
willstones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126906 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Xviews Posted at 10-9 00:57
no idea what you're doing, I bought 2 weeks ago on Amazon the remote for 105€ and got delivered 2 weeks later

Do you have a link?
2022-10-9
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

no idea what you're doing, I bought 2 weeks ago on Amazon the remote for 105€ and got delivered 2 weeks later

tHatS bEcAUse iT wAs iN stOcK.... fml
2022-10-9
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

no idea what you're doing, I bought 2 weeks ago on Amazon the remote for 105€ and got delivered 2 weeks later

I did not buy it because of the only 2 ONE STAR reviews
2022-10-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Dragonfyr Posted at 10-8 21:15
Yep, already done all of that. As I'm sure many others have too.

We need dates from DJI. A rough idea of when we can expect some to be in stock.

We will surely provide you with the information once we receive it. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2022-10-10
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

Dragonfyr Posted at 10-9 10:44
tHatS bEcAUse iT wAs iN stOcK.... fml

As soon as we know the estimated delivery date for this item, we will notify you by email.

Jo typical stock message when it is in stock
2022-10-10
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-10 02:39
We will surely provide you with the information once we receive it. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Not only did DJI actually reply, but they also emailed me and even called me today. (I missed the call as I was asleep, but they left a voicemail).

Not many companies that would do that.

I still love you, DJI. Even if the controller isn't in stock.

Thanks
2022-10-10
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was able to purchase one in the USA a month ago. I used the "in stock reminder" and ordered it within a minute of getting the email.  5 min later it was sold out.   Getting the opportunity to even buy a controller has been very difficult.

DJI having chip shortages maybe?
2022-10-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Dragonfyr Posted at 10-10 07:57
Not only did DJI actually reply, but they also emailed me and even called me today. (I missed the call as I was asleep, but they left a voicemail).

Not many companies that would do that.

We really appreciate your kind words with us, Dragonfyr. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help. Thank you for always choosing DJI!
2022-10-11
Use props
Mat8861
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169400 ft
Italy

I am waiting since 28 August just got once the email notification in the morning, went to check and not available. I would like to know when and if there is a chance to have the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2.
2022-10-11
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mat8861 Posted at 10-11 04:12
I am waiting since 28 August just got once the email notification in the morning, went to check and not available. I would like to know when and if there is a chance to have the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2.

You have to be FAST when you get the notice... there are thousands of people trying to buy these.
5 minutes after you get the notice, you are too late.
2022-10-11
Use props
Mat8861
lvl.4
Italy

That's why i would have preferred a pre-order.
2022-10-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mat8861 Posted at 10-13 04:22
That's why i would have preferred a pre-order.

a pre-order should only happen before a product launch.  it's usually first come first serve and you can hold your place in line if you agree to pay and wait.

for products that are already launched, items go on backorder.  merchants have options on how to handle this but only if their systems allow it (not all do).  for example, it might be difficult to accept paypal or taking customer's credit card and charging them instead of a hold.  most importantly, supplier needs to know when they'll get product and how much.  not fair to take money and make promises when you know you won't get shipments any time soon and more importantly, it's not cool to put a 2,000 people on backorder when you know the next shipment only contains 500.  the easy way out is to say, we're out, check back later...we'll remind you.
2022-10-13
Use props
Mat8861
lvl.4
Italy

Yeah that doesn't happen, no way to place a back order. If it's not in stock, DJI ask you to do notification by email and be sure, it will be very difficult to get it.
It should be ok to pay for and whenever is available you get it (That is what i did on amazon for my iphone 14). Here is the latest news:
Send my son to check if was available at Harrod's (in London), the desk clerk replied :  we all waiting for remote controller 3.....so my son goes like what do you mean ? I'm looking for "DJI FPV Remote Controller 2", the guy replies: yes that is the old one, soon there will be the new one, the version 3.
Would be nice if DJI can inform all of us,  what is going on with these remote controllers.
2022-10-14
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mat8861 Posted at 10-14 05:24
Yeah that doesn't happen, no way to place a back order. If it's not in stock, DJI ask you to do notification by email and be sure, it will be very difficult to get it.
It should be ok to pay for and whenever is available you get it (That is what i did on amazon for my iphone 14). Here is the latest news:
Send my son to check if was available at Harrod's (in London), the desk clerk replied :  we all waiting for remote controller 3.....so my son goes like what do you mean ? I'm looking for "DJI FPV Remote Controller 2", the guy replies: yes that is the old one, soon there will be the new one, the version 3.

Version 3?

Yea, that's the first I've heard of that.
2022-10-14
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

Its frustrating to be waiting a month on backorder at store where i bought the avata in a bundle with the remote...
2022-10-15
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 10-15 10:32
Its frustrating to be waiting a month on backorder at store where i bought the avata in a bundle with the remote...

Yep, that sucks.

I have sent the supplier (Drones Direct, UK) who I ordered it from a message via Facebook and email. No reply as yet.

Can't believe how long it's taking, but I'm not in any rush and DJI have answered me. So that's good enough for me for now
2022-10-15
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Update: 17/10/22

Drones Direct sent me an email yesterday. Basically they're not completing their end of it and are going to call me to offer me a replacement or refund. I replied that if they definitely can't get it in stock, just refund me!

Second supplier to cancel my order for the controller now...!

How many times have you refreshed the DJI store page for the controller? I think I'm close to 1000 times... or more... hahaha! :/
2022-10-17
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dragonfyr Posted at 10-14 18:33
Version 3?

Yea, that's the first I've heard of that.

of course we don't know for sure but mentioned several times, here:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D780%26typeid%3D780
2022-10-17
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

The Saint Posted at 10-17 18:44
of course we don't know for sure but mentioned several times, here:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=273544&extra=page%3D2%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D780%26typeid%3D780

Thats how rumours start...
2022-10-18
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

DJI!!! Is it still in production OR NOT, thats all we want to know, you dont need to say something else soon coming out, we want to know if the current version is still in production! Waiting MORE THEN A MONTH! Im bored flying with the motion controller!
2022-10-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nees Posted at 10-18 07:11
Thats how rumours start...

prob but we may have a few details to help support the "guess."  frequent stock outages, new googles design, no rc avata kit, more than a year old (older design), fpv nearly eol maybe.  if i were dji, i would develop (and kit) and new and improved rc3 for the avata and fpv2.
2022-10-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nees Posted at 10-18 07:12
DJI!!! Is it still in production OR NOT, thats all we want to know, you dont need to say something else soon coming out, we want to know if the current version is still in production! Waiting MORE THEN A MONTH! Im bored flying with the motion controller!

since when does dji divulge their product production details?  they're not going to publish that information publicly mainly because it has no value to the end user.  if you want to purchase rc2, they can assist with that but providing production details won't help you.  besides, there's nobody readily available at dji that can accurately answer that question.  the fpv kit contains the rc2 so unless they stop making fpv, they still need rc2.  doesn't mean rc2 is available to the dji store channel.  the last thing dji needs is to declare rc2 is eol (or obsolete and no longer supported as the forum will brand it).  while it would be nice if we had more information, telling you rc2 is no longer in production might affect the price and may lead to more speculation about rc3.  if you need rc2 badly, buy the fpv kit and sell the unneeded components.  otherwise, there are plenty for sale in the marketplace.
2022-10-18
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 10-18 08:24
since when does dji divulge their product production details?  they're not going to publish that information publicly mainly because it has no value to the end user.  if you want to purchase rc2, they can assist with that but providing production details won't help you.  besides, there's nobody readily available at dji that can accurately answer that question.  the fpv kit contains the rc2 so unless they stop making fpv, they still need rc2.  doesn't mean rc2 is available to the dji store channel.  the last thing dji needs is to declare rc2 is eol (or obsolete and no longer supported as the forum will brand it).  while it would be nice if we had more information, telling you rc2 is no longer in production might affect the price and may lead to more speculation about rc3.  if you need rc2 badly, buy the fpv kit and sell the unneeded components.  otherwise, there are plenty for sale in the marketplace.

Are you employed by/for DJI? Or are you just stating ungrounded facts (aka: 'guessing') based upon your opinion?

I don't think you need to answer for DJI, unless you are employed / endorsed to do so.

If you are a representative of DJI, then I apologise.
2022-10-18
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

They are out there to be had!
2022-10-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dragonfyr Posted at 10-18 17:14
Are you employed by/for DJI? Or are you just stating ungrounded facts (aka: 'guessing') based upon your opinion?

I don't think you need to answer for DJI, unless you are employed / endorsed to do so.

no i don't work for dji.  
2022-10-18
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KLRSKIR Posted at 10-18 17:36
They are out there to be had!

Yea, aliexpress sells them for more than double thier RRP. But 1) Import tax. 2) Genuine?

Which are why I'd rather stick with DJI directly, at the cost of time.
2022-10-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dragonfyr Posted at 10-18 22:40
Yea, aliexpress sells them for more than double thier RRP. But 1) Import tax. 2) Genuine?

the chinese believe in supply and demand as well.  the price is high because the demand is great and the supply is low.
2022-10-19
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dragonfyr Posted at 10-18 22:40

I hear you, but if you click my link to B&H Photo in New York City it might be worth seeing IF they may ship to you, and if so what the cost may be. They are a great company that I have been doing business with for decades and you can be sure the product you receive would be legit and new.
2022-10-19
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

The Saint Posted at 10-18 08:14
prob but we may have a few details to help support the "guess."  frequent stock outages, new googles design, no rc avata kit, more than a year old (older design), fpv nearly eol maybe.  if i were dji, i would develop (and kit) and new and improved rc3 for the avata and fpv2.

tbh, there are only 2 drones that can use that controller. And for FPV, you dont need something extra, just sticks and some camera control button and some extras for arm/disarm or the modes. Not sure what they could add that would make it more interesting. Since you cannot look at the controller while flying. Atleast keep it in production till you have something and not get customers frustrated waiting for delivery. My retailer send ma a screenshot of the distributors stock notice: 50 were expected between 3 and 9 oct., zero were delivered, the week after (which has passed) 150 were expected, zero delivered. This means DJI still send out some info out a month ago... or just wrong info. This makes it even more frustrating to keep your costumers waiting in the dark.
2022-10-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nees Posted at 10-19 12:21
tbh, there are only 2 drones that can use that controller. And for FPV, you dont need something extra, just sticks and some camera control button and some extras for arm/disarm or the modes. Not sure what they could add that would make it more interesting. Since you cannot look at the controller while flying. Atleast keep it in production till you have something and not get customers frustrated waiting for delivery. My retailer send ma a screenshot of the distributors stock notice: 50 were expected between 3 and 9 oct., zero were delivered, the week after (which has passed) 150 were expected, zero delivered. This means DJI still send out some info out a month ago... or just wrong info. This makes it even more frustrating to keep your costumers waiting in the dark.

i think the new rc3 could have better battery life, faster charging, better antenna for range and penetration, combines rc with mc, add hdmi connector, better look and feel, fixes the hw bugs we don't know about, and most importantly cheaper then rc2.  we don't know how much dji is paying for rc2.  i'm sure dji is flying the fpv2 already; what if it is using the rc3 and will launch in march?

if i don't kit rc2 with avata and every fpv comes with rc2, i would direct all my remaining rc2 to fpv kits to make fpv sales until march.  i would not order a boat load of rc2 (that nobody will want one day) from an overpriced supplier but instead make a last buy or two (meaning stock will trickle) and hope it works out because everybody who buys a drone has an rc.  stocking rc2 in the accessory store is not a priority.  sadly i think they misjudged the avata demand for rc2 but somebody made that call, it's obvious they wanted to drive avata users to mc.  honestly i don't think avata sales are hurt due to lack of rc2 but i dunno.
2022-10-19
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

The Saint Posted at 10-19 12:46
i think the new rc3 could have better battery life, faster charging, better antenna for range and penetration, combines rc with mc, add hdmi connector, better look and feel, fixes the hw bugs we don't know about, and most importantly cheaper then rc2.  we don't know how much dji is paying for rc2.  i'm sure dji is flying the fpv2 already; what if it is using the rc3 and will launch in march?

if i don't kit rc2 with avata and every fpv comes with rc2, i would direct all my remaining rc2 to fpv kits to make fpv sales until march.  i would not order a boat load of rc2 (that nobody will want one day) from an overpriced supplier but instead make a last buy or two (meaning stock will trickle) and hope it works out because everybody who buys a drone has an rc.  stocking rc2 in the accessory store is not a priority.  sadly i think they misjudged the avata demand for rc2 but somebody made that call, it's obvious they wanted to drive avata users to mc.  honestly i don't think avata sales are hurt due to lack of rc2 but i dunno.

I understand things can be improved, but let the customer decide, dont say its compatible with the remote and and this is how you pair it AND release firmware for it when you cant buy it. So only people who have an FPV or buy and FPV AND an AVATA can use it?

I want to be able to fly it like a real drone, in every mode. Not just be limited by the MC. I'm stuck now. The only reason I bought it at the retailer is because the info he had from the distributor. And now I have a paper weight (ok not so dramatic, but I want to be able to make shot the way I want and not with the MC if i choose to) I am willing to be patient. The joke is, I payed for it already at a discount as the retailer sold it as a combo, so a good deal... Now retailers are also in a tight spot, does he repay me the full price of the remote if the RC2 wont be available anymore or will he give a an RC3 free, if that becomes a thing? And do I need to wait another 3 months?

You know DJI leaks are everywhere if there is something new,(look at the O3 Air, info leaked 3months ago when FCC report was listed, it still isnt officially announced and released), and there isnt ANY mention of it yet, when FCC gets its hands on it, DJI cant hide it anymore, there isnt even an FCC report. So when we see info on that, then we have to wait about another month at least to see a release... So again, FRUSTRATING
2022-10-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nees Posted at 10-19 13:28
I understand things can be improved, but let the customer decide, dont say its compatible with the remote and and this is how you pair it AND release firmware for it when you cant buy it. So only people who have an FPV or buy and FPV AND an AVATA can use it?

I want to be able to fly it like a real drone, in every mode. Not just be limited by the MC. I'm stuck now. The only reason I bought it at the retailer is because the info he had from the distributor. And now I have a paper weight (ok not so dramatic, but I want to be able to make shot the way I want and not with the MC if i choose to) I am willing to be patient. The joke is, I payed for it already at a discount as the retailer sold it as a combo, so a good deal... Now retailers are also in a tight spot, does he repay me the full price of the remote if the RC2 wont be available anymore or will he give a an RC3 free, if that becomes a thing? And do I need to wait another 3 months?

sounds pretty frustrating especially when you dont get a lot of good feedback or you don't have many options.  at this point, it's probably best to wait and see what happens, don't think we have a lot of choices.  too bad you are unable to fly the way you want to fly but at least dji has not said supplies are all gone, you are on your own.

the world is not in good shape, everything is in limited supplies.  have you tried to buy avata fly more battery combo kit?  they go for $600 on amazon and im sure there are a lot of flyers who simply cannot get by on just one battery.  ordinarily i would call it poor planning but it's not just drones and accessories but many items are hard to get and believe it or not, covid and shortages are still having an impact; the good old days are gone.

this is what happens when prices get so high and you have to do something to lower the price which means sell the drone only or drone will very very few else.  anything else you want is an accessory and accessories aren't managed like drones so it's going to be painful at first, particularly at launch.  we asked for this.  customers said drone prices are too high and here we are.
2022-10-19
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules