Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912661 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HDPS Posted at 11-7 10:28
That's what I did, no regrets, FPV is awesome and I am glad I got it because that's the goggles I am using for Avata, I cannot use the goggles 2 because my nose....love the sound FPV makes when it starts, reminds me the Terminator movie

Omg, my nose is an odd shape too! (not saying yours is... lol). But yea, wearing the goggles is a pain in the a**. They sit oddly on my face and for some reason they cloud up a lot of the time, due to what I can only imagine is breath getting up into them.

I did see something where someone had a device, like some foam, to put on the goggles that's meant to help with this. Can't remember where that was seen though :/

Also, loving the huge weapon on your profile pic dude. Badas*

Dragonfyr
2022-11-7
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Received mine yesterday and the manufacture date is 2022/10. So that leads me to believe that supply chain issues are probably the root of all of this and nothing more (read new controller on the way).  
2022-11-8
Use props
CoreyFPV
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dragonfyr Posted at 10-15 16:18
Yep, that sucks.

I have sent the supplier (Drones Direct, UK) who I ordered it from a message via Facebook and email. No reply as yet.

I always ring these guys as thy can be slow to answer mails etc. Same with most UK suppliers, but still all either OOS or Pre-Order for when they get them in. Massive mistake by DJI not expecting it to be so popular and people not wanting to use the dildo
2022-11-8
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

KLRSKIR Posted at 11-8 03:00
Received mine yesterday and the manufacture date is 2022/10. So that leads me to believe that supply chain issues are probably the root of all of this and nothing more (read new controller on the way).

That is some great info. And pretty insane they cant produce higher volume for some reason they will not communicate. That would just help to understand...
2022-11-8
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

An authorized dealer here in Italy told me it could be available again at the end on November.
It's a shame waiting for so long for an essential part of our drone.
And it's a shame there are many RCs in the hands of many speculators.
2022-11-11
Use props
shawn00m
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142425 ft
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 10-19 11:00
I hear you, but if you click my link to B&H Photo in New York City it might be worth seeing IF they may ship to you, and if so what the cost may be. They are a great company that I have been doing business with for decades and you can be sure the product you receive would be legit and new.

I ordered one from B&H and it's been backordered for almost a month. I got an update from them today that said they have no information about when they will be available. It's pretty bad if your resellers don't even know when they are getting your product.
2022-11-11
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

@ Everyone - It's in stock for the UK, right now. 23:55 GMT 11/11/22
2022-11-11
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

I just want to give a small update. Today Belgium received a delivery... Guess how many... 7! A total of 7! The retailer I got mine from today (which was in backorder 2 months), received 3 of them.

So this is going well #sarcasm

Atleast, I got mine now finally! It is now time to start crashing in M-mode
2022-11-15
Use props
Blahbidy Bloo
lvl.1
United States

So here are my concerns:

1) the "if ever" in the response from DJI in the forums (see pic)
2) They are in stock on Canada's Amazon, and I see shipping in other countries.  Nada in the US.
3) Nobody at DJI has said it's a supply chain issue, covid, or anything else that's a valid excuse.  Literally something every single one of us would be like, "ahhh... gotcha.  We'll be patient" about.  

So, @dji representatives... what's the story?  What's the reason?  We get you can't/won't give a date.  Can you give a reason?  Is it the blacklist?  The chip ban?  Maybe a new controller?  How about this, if you can't tell us what it is... can you at least say, "it's not shipping or supply chain issues?"
2022-11-16
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 11-15 23:46
I just want to give a small update. Today Belgium received a delivery... Guess how many... 7! A total of 7! The retailer I got mine from today (which was in backorder 2 months), received 3 of them.

So this is going well #sarcasm

Hahaha, I'm looking into trying TRYP, the Steam game. Now that I have the RC2.

Congrats on getting yours and good luck
2022-11-16
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blahbidy Bloo Posted at 11-16 09:06
So here are my concerns:

1) the "if ever" in the response from DJI in the forums (see pic)

I think a lot of DJI's responses regarding stock levels are kept secret due to industrial competition? Or something. I'm not great with words, lol.

Like, they don't want to let on how much stock they have or when it's due, due to sellers / buyers of the RC2 / other products being able to work on those figures in relation to demand. If that makes sense?

I do however see it from the consumer point of view that I would love to know more information from a company when such products become available.
2022-11-16
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

I hope DJI is taking all this time to make a bundle with the controller already in it....

waiting on a good deal and then i'll buy one.
But i think with the "older" goggles as soooo many people report problems with the new ones (fitment, fogging, no clear picture on the edges etc)
2022-11-17
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Same... Not sure what's up with that product.
2022-11-17
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

To bad no retailer can say anything on the ETA on the Controller.....
I have a good amount of experience with normal quadcopters in full manual mode. Not looking forward to using the motion controller....
ik want the FPV controller so i can use the avata to it's full potential
2022-11-18
Use props
Blahbidy Bloo
lvl.1
United States

Dragonfyr Posted at 11-16 12:45
I think a lot of DJI's responses regarding stock levels are kept secret due to industrial competition? Or something. I'm not great with words, lol.

Like, they don't want to let on how much stock they have or when it's due, due to sellers / buyers of the RC2 / other products being able to work on those figures in relation to demand. If that makes sense?

Literally the only reason I can think of to keep reasons under wraps is because of the blacklist issue they are facing.  Admitting any stock issues associated with that would tank their value further on the markets.  If I'm wrong, DJI... and I'm hoping I am... please give us a reason. (and don't think we didn't notice that no DJI software is available on Google Play any longer... and old versions no longer work.  This is a sign of privacy violations)
2022-11-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blahbidy Bloo Posted at 11-19 16:52
Literally the only reason I can think of to keep reasons under wraps is because of the blacklist issue they are facing.  Admitting any stock issues associated with that would tank their value further on the markets.  If I'm wrong, DJI... and I'm hoping I am... please give us a reason. (and don't think we didn't notice that no DJI software is available on Google Play any longer... and old versions no longer work.  This is a sign of privacy violations)

the value of dji as a company does not depend on "admitting" anything or the availability of remote controllers.  there are plenty of rc2, you can find one in each and every dji fpv kit and there are plenty of dji fpv kits for sale.  what there is a shortage of is rc2 standalone outside of a bundle.  if dji has one million rc2 and they diverted 100% of them into kits and they had one million kits, how many do you think would go for sale individually?  zero.*

*these numbers are for illustrative purposes only.  i do not have the dji books in front of me.

there is a sale on dji fpv i think next week.  there will be plenty available im guessing.  that means plenty of new rc2 go into the world.  buy the kit for $899 and sell off the components.
2022-11-19
Use props
daws901
lvl.2
Flight distance : 564154 ft
United Kingdom

I got one via ebay, paid £225 for it after negotiating the seller down. I've been waiting over 9 weeks now and am heading to Snowdonia next week so worth the extra cash....
2022-11-20
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

The Saint Posted at 11-19 22:23
the value of dji as a company does not depend on "admitting" anything or the availability of remote controllers.  there are plenty of rc2, you can find one in each and every dji fpv kit and there are plenty of dji fpv kits for sale.  what there is a shortage of is rc2 standalone outside of a bundle.  if dji has one million rc2 and they diverted 100% of them into kits and they had one million kits, how many do you think would go for sale individually?  zero.*

*these numbers are for illustrative purposes only.  i do not have the dji books in front of me.

Dji should also sell the controller seperately, and i mean: have stock.

The avata is only usable to it's full potentials with this controller.... don't keep the avata pilots hanging here DJI....

I contacted a reseller here in the netherlands, the DJI FPV stock is plenty, they can order plenty more from DJI (they are in stock at dji), so the factory is producing.... DJI is just not letting them go seperately and just seem to be focussed on selling the DJI FPV drone.
Not buying that one and selling the seperate components with loss... nope
2022-11-20
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

USA store has stock now.
2022-11-22
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

now lets hope the EU store gets some
Contacted over 10 retailers in the Netherlands and Belgium.
DJI is not even giving them a estimated ETA on them....

Oh, and by the way, i have a "stock reminder" set up for weeks now....
no notification has been sent to me.... (need EU stock)
2022-11-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 11-22 06:52
USA store has stock now.

...and, it's gone.  less than 2 hours.
2022-11-22
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

The Saint Posted at 11-22 09:29
...and, it's gone.  less than 2 hours.

As expected... (but still no stock at EU webshop....)
now with the new air unit (that uses the same controller) it will get even worse

i have set up stock reminder on the official dji store and 8 retailers in the Netherlands.
2022-11-22
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

OK... so.... i just ordered my Avata (pro view combo). Lets see if the Goggles 2 fit me, otherwise it'll go back and will be swapped for the Goggles V2.
Also ordered the fly more kit, and 2 micro sd memory cards (128gb).
Orderd a bag to transport it all..... and a lawnyard for the FPV controller.

Only thing that will be missing is the FPV CONTROLLER!!!!!!

EDIT: one of the dutch retailers i had contact with, just confirmed that they will have stock in on 28th of november. They say that this stock delivery date is confirmed by their supplyer (DJI i suppose)
Let's see if this is true... if so, you would expect to see more stock pop up at other retailers!
2022-11-25
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BadBert Posted at 11-25 03:59
OK... so.... i just ordered my Avata (pro view combo). Lets see if the Goggles 2 fit me, otherwise it'll go back and will be swapped for the Goggles V2.
Also ordered the fly more kit, and 2 micro sd memory cards (128gb).
Orderd a bag to transport it all..... and a lawnyard for the FPV controller.

Congrats on your order. Hope you have fun

And on a side note, Some sad little monkey is downvoting all of my comments...
How much of a sad existence must that person have, I actually feel sorry for them, hahaha
2022-11-25
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

Dragonfyr Posted at 11-25 16:47
Congrats on your order. Hope you have fun

And on a side note, Some sad little monkey is downvoting all of my comments...

Thanks!
Hope to get it out of its box tonight
Don't think it'll be up in the air though.... lots of rain here But i first want to check if the new goggles 2 fit my face! If not, i can swap the set out for the fly smart combo

Hope to see some stock for the controller 2 today, but i fear that is NOT going to happen
cmon dji....
2022-11-27
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

Oh damn....

as i expected.....

Just got an email from a couple of retailers. They had an eta on the controller, one of them said that DJI confirmed delivery for today. He even checked that last week.
BUT....... dji has sent this retailer a message stating the controllers wil not be delievered, and they don't know when they WILL come in....
The retailers informed me that DJI stated that (as someone on the forum pointed out), IF EVER the controller will be back in stock, they will inform them.
Bad form DJI, bad form.... retailers are not simple customers you know....
You need to come up with a way to fly this drone in manual mode ASAP!!!!

that just sucks.... Avata is grounded untill then i suppose, just going to test the goggles and i didnt even got it out of its box yet!
maybe try a simple flight with the MC to test it, but as a full manual flyer on other drones, planes and helicopters, i want the avata to be flown in full manual mode!!!
2022-11-27
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

A nother update...

a BIG retailer, COOLBLUE has changed the product page for this item on al it's webshops....

what the.....
2022-11-28 09 39 50.jpg
2022-11-28
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

If I can't get a remote controller within the time limit, my Avata will "fly" back to Amazon.
I want a FPV Drone. I already have a Mavic to fly in N or S mode.
DJI sent a billion of RC to YouTubers, and now there is no RC for costumers.
In a respecting company, a manager who has marketed an FPV drone, without giving the possibility to use it like this, should be kicked out.
2022-11-28
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

Luca Rubino Posted at 11-28 01:31
If I can't get a remote controller within the time limit, my Avata will "fly" back to Amazon.
I want a FPV Drone. I already have a Mavic to fly in N or S mode.
DJI sent a billion of RC to YouTubers, and now there is no RC for costumers.

i 100% agree....
on top of that, DJI has been able to ship a TON of DJI FPV combo's with the remote included....
But nothing for the Avata flyers
2022-11-28
Use props
disassoc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155801 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Same here, one of our big retailers had a delivery ETA of Nov 25th. 1 day later they informed me that they did not get the shipping – which feels strange. I mean, if a retailer orders something and you give them a delivery date for them to inform their customers, how can you then just not ship? Yesterday, the retailer informed that they are waiting for a new ETA from the supplier, today they said the new ETA would be Dec 7th. I think I'm going to ask them how reliable that information really is.

I'm really keen on knowing what the «if ever» is all about; is it just unfortunate writing, or ...?

2022-11-29
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

disassoc Posted at 11-29 01:28
Same here, one of our big retailers had a delivery ETA of Nov 25th. 1 day later they informed me that they did not get the shipping – which feels strange. I mean, if a retailer orders something and you give them a delivery date for them to inform their customers, how can you then just not ship? Yesterday, the retailer informed that they are waiting for a new ETA from the supplier, today they said the new ETA would be Dec 7th. I think I'm going to ask them how reliable that information really is.

I'm really keen on knowing what the «if ever» is all about; is it just unfortunate writing, or ...?

Let's hope the 7th of december is accurate for you.
None of the dutch retailers have ANY info on a new ETA for these....

and lets also hope the "if ever" is just unfortunate choice of words.. ;)

I am visiting all available places that sell the controller a couple of times a day. If i see one for sale, i'll jump right on it.
Just because i don't trust the "in stock reminder". Not only from DJI, but also from other webshops.

Flew the avata for a couple of minutes yesterday, but i really dont like the motion controller.... at all...
as a experienced manual flyer i am not used to this and i just don't like this way of controlling the drone.
So my avata is grounded, waiting for a way to fly it in M mode ;)
2022-11-29
Use props
disassoc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155801 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

BadBert Posted at 11-29 01:46
Let's hope the 7th of december is accurate for you.
None of the dutch retailers have ANY info on a new ETA for these....

Thanks, hope so as well Just saw someone on a local facebook marketplace selling one 40 bucks over the price, if I have luck I'm getting that one even if it is overpriced.

For me, even flying in N or S mode would be more fun with a proper controller. Also, for practicing in the simulator to prepare for manual mode, I just need the controller...
2022-11-29
Use props
Joe.Mavic.D.HH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Shame on you DJI !!!
If anybody still needs proof that DJI really gives a sh*t on customer demands, here you are. But this has been company policy from the very beginning. Customers are "valuable" as long they are willing to pay for their (overpriced) products. Prices used to be reasonable but since the latest generations of drones DJI became greedy in an disgusting way. Unfortunately I'm still a "victim" of their, I must confess, good products. But the latest game DJI is playing with its unavailable controller is nothing but embarrassing. "Back-in-stock" reminders appeared in Europe between 2 am and 3 am. What a bad joke!
I guess somebody in the DJI marketing department had a jolly good idea: Let's sell the so badly demanded controller only via the FPV Combo. We get rid of our old stuff and making some extra money by taking advantage of that miserable situation. Again SHAME ON YOU DJI !!!
From my inventory you may see that I used to be a loyal customer, but what is left now is pure disappointment!
2022-11-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Joe.Mavic.D.HH Posted at 11-29 14:24
Shame on you DJI !!!
If anybody still needs proof that DJI really gives a sh*t on customer demands, here you are. But this has been company policy from the very beginning. Customers are "valuable" as long they are willing to pay for their (overpriced) products. Prices used to be reasonable but since the latest generations of drones DJI became greedy in an disgusting way. Unfortunately I'm still a "victim" of their, I must confess, good products. But the latest game DJI is playing with its unavailable controller is nothing but embarrassing. "Back-in-stock" reminders appeared in Europe between 2 am and 3 am. What a bad joke!
I guess somebody in the DJI marketing department had a jolly good idea: Let's sell the so badly demanded controller only via the FPV Combo. We get rid of our old stuff and making some extra money by taking advantage of that miserable situation. Again SHAME ON YOU DJI !!!

dji is not making any money by "withholding" rc2 from the avata customer, that's ridiculous.  dji marketing dept doesn't run the company.
2022-11-29
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

The Saint Posted at 11-29 16:38
dji is not making any money by "withholding" rc2 from the avata customer, that's ridiculous.  dji marketing dept doesn't run the company.

well.... they kinda are "withholding" rct from the avata customer....

they are able to ship tons and tons of DJI FPV drone combo's WITH the remote.
They are always in stock (there was even a black friday sale with lots and lots of stock. One of my favorite retailers even posted a picture on its website showing 50, yes FIFTY boxes. And that was only one delivery) .... so why not ship a little less of those, and give others a chance of buying something they NEED to use a drone to it's full potentials?!?!
They advertise with speed and possibilities you ONLY get with the RC2....
You can't even fly backwards with the MC....

So yeah, DJI could have done something to keep the Avata owners a bit more satisfied.... you must admit.
2022-11-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BadBert Posted at 11-29 23:25
well.... they kinda are "withholding" rct from the avata customer....

they are able to ship tons and tons of DJI FPV drone combo's WITH the remote.

sorry i know it sucks but you're going to have to just wait for now; until better availability.
2022-11-30
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Again, as of October of this year, they are being produced. The second controller I was luck enough to score was dated 2022/10.
2022-11-30
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

The Saint Posted at 11-30 07:32
sorry i know it sucks but you're going to have to just wait for now; until better availability.

It sucks big time... ;)

And i know we have to wait, but.... DJI could do something about the availability! That's what i'm saying ;)
2022-12-1
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

Once again, currently in stock on the USA site....
2022-12-3
Use props
Uberau
lvl.3
Flight distance : 554350 ft
Spain

I found mine some days ago in a local physical store.

Manufacturing date 10/2022.

2022-12-4
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules