Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeenMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6142635 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello everyone!

Yesterday, I finally received my OA3 Adventure combo. Today, I wanted to swap one battery from the charging case and when I pulled the battery using the strap to remove it from the case, the strap came out of the battery itself! I didn't use any force, it literally just fell out.
If this would happen with the battery inside the OA3 itself I doubt you could remove it without scratching the OA3 or battery as you would need help of some tool.

I am really nervous as my Combo is brand new and it was the first time I used the strap... if that happens when you are out for filming and the battery inside the OA3 that would be a real problem.

Anyone else experienced this issue? I would suggest that - before inserting the  battery into OA3 - you pull the strap to make sure it isn't loose.

I hope DJI will swap the battery for a new one without sending in the whole combo as I will go on vacation in three weeks and hope to take all batteries with me!

DJIOA3Battery_.jpg

2022-10-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice tip on checking strap before inserting battery.  That looks like a manufacturing defect.
2022-10-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. In this case, we strongly recommend contacting our team at https://www.dji.com/support and they will assist you to open up a ticket with us. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-8
Use props
SeenMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6142635 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Just an update on how things go:
I created a support ticket with all the information. Took some time for a reply, was told to create a RMA request and send in the battery.
So I created a RMA request and guess what? Waiting time again... finally I was told that I would receive a return label within 24 hours to send in the battery... after 24 hours, no return label for me. Called again, was told that I would receive my label asap... took some hours until I had the label. Next day my battery was on the way, tracking said it arrived last week tuesday morning. This week, on tuesday morning, the status of my RMA finally changed to "RECEIVED". Now, two and half day later, I just received the  "DJI Service Quotation" with a remark "NO WARRANTY: Physical damage. Osmo Action 3 Extreme Battery broken." and a PAY Button to pay for the exchange battery. I can't tell you how upset I am. Went to "Service & Help", chat window opened up, but support agent couldn't help me except for creating another service request. So I called DJI, went through the menu to the repair center and explained everything. Was told that she can't help with that, tried to connect me, no luck. Was told that I will be called back.

So I bought a brand new Action 3 with a battery that has been faulty in production and I am struggeling since almost 3 weeks to get my replacement which I expect to be free of charge. I had to call several times, write in chat and create a repair request, pack and send in the battery. This is really annoying as it took so many time and I still don't see a new battery being on the way to me.

Let's see how long it will take until somebody calls me back. VERY POOR SUPPORT EXPERIENCE.
2022-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules