Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 3 "Unable to take off" warning - help!
4117 21 2022-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5778 ft

United Kingdom

Hi all,

This is my first post to this wonderful forum.

My Mavic 3 suddenly and without warning displayed "unable to take off" and locked up. I have trawled the internet and tried every kind of fix suggested but to no avail. Reset IMU, calibrated compass refreshed the latest fimware, etc etc, but nada, zilch, nothing! Here is a screenshot of the RC.

Please help as I am tearing my hair out here.

RC

RC
2022-10-8
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I think you need more satellite connections to go green, maybe 12 ?
2022-10-8
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Try flying in Atti mode.
2022-10-8
Use props
paul
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks, the picture was taken before satellites locked on.

Tried Atti mode as well, still no joy.
2022-10-8
Use props
Grimtheviking
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you the standard remote to try?
2022-10-8
Use props
paul
lvl.2

United Kingdom

No, do you think that will make a difference?
Happy to try anything.
2022-10-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

If you touch on the "unable to takeoff" The app will show you why you cannot takeoff, without that it is difficult to pinpoint the exact issues.
2022-10-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to setup your unit outside of your house? Restart all the components and go outside, in an open field then turn in on and check if the issue persists. If the issue still persists, tap on the "unable to take off" error message for you to visit the overall status and take a screenshot then provide it to us. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-8
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

Silly question are you located in a no fly zone ? Check the map on the dji app
2022-10-10
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why are you trying to take off in your living room? What are you planning on filming?

Weak GPS near a NFZ will more than likely deny takeoff. Also, any metal in the house structure will likely cause compass issues and that will also deny a takeoff.
2022-10-10
Use props
paul
lvl.2

United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 10-10 12:00
Why are you trying to take off in your living room? What are you planning on filming?

Weak GPS near a NFZ will more than likely deny takeoff. Also, any metal in the house structure will likely cause compass issues and that will also deny a takeoff.

Thanks for all your replies. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I am an experienced fully licensed pilot - this my third drone and I use it in a professional capacity.

The screenshot of my living room was taken after the drone had been brought inside after failing to take off in an exterior setting - I brought it inside to refresh the firmware but to no avail - the same message appeared. It had been working fine then when we changed location it refused to take off.

There were 20 satellites so no issue with the GPS and it wasn't in a NFZ.

It really is so frustrating that a £3K drone can lock up like this.

2022-10-10
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

paul@northernstarpics.com Posted at 10-10 13:45
Thanks for all your replies. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I am an experienced fully licensed pilot - this my third drone and I use it in a professional capacity.

The screenshot of my living room was taken after the drone had been brought inside after failing to take off in an exterior setting - I brought it inside to refresh the firmware but to no avail - the same message appeared. It had been working fine then when we changed location it refused to take off.

You're going to have to tap the warning message and tell us what reason it is giving you for not wanting to fly.
2022-10-11
Use props
paul
lvl.2

United Kingdom

2022-10-11
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Paul,

It seems you need to bind your remote controller to the drone. If you already bound it when you logged it to DJI Fly App, it might be you are not connected to internet on your remote and hence DJI is not able to save this linkage to their database. You may need to rebind if prompted and also you may need to connect your remote to internet via your wifi , i.e. wifi at home or tether to your phone. To do this you need to go to Settings menu, I believe you can get to Settings menu on that controller by either swiping up from the bottom or swiping down from the top. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Mike.
P.S. It seems your SD card is also too slow, you may need to get A2, V30 sd card to work with your drone.
2022-10-11
Use props
Thore Ragnor
New

United States

I have the same issue with my mavric 3 minus the slow part, I rebinded mine and it still won't take off
2023-7-30
Use props
Thore Ragnor
New

United States

I flew it 2 times and now I can't fly it anymore
2023-7-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thore Ragnor Posted at 7-30 08:14
I flew it 2 times and now I can't fly it anymore

Hi there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Is it the same 30306 error? If so, can you please try logging out from the app and logging back in? Thank you for your patience.
2023-8-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is the controller bound to the drone?
Post screen captures of the messages and warnings that you are seeing.

2023-8-1
Use props
HeyWorld
lvl.1
Flight distance : 634665 ft
Thailand

I have the same issue and I have no idea how to fix it
3-11 00:08
Use props
LucasYL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried moving to a different location? have you logged out/in? If bound to the drone, have you pulled the stick inn and down to see if the motors would start?
3-11 08:34
Use props
howardlawman194
lvl.2

United States

I also have a Mavic three. I've flown it many times outside my door with no satellites at all. The thing is, there's no obstacle avoidance. Still flies. The problem has to be more than just that.
3-11 20:45
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HeyWorld Posted at 3-11 00:08
I have the same issue and I have no idea how to fix it

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Will it be fine if you post a screenshot showing the errors on your remote controller? Thank you.
3-11 21:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules