External Audio. List of compatible microphones?
3251 14 2022-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kruisr
lvl.2

Germany

Is there a list of external microphones that are compatible with the DJI Osmo Action 3? I could not find anything on this.

I am talking about microphones that can be connected and used via USB-C - WITHOUT an adapter.
2022-10-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. The DJI Osmo Action 3 supports several types of an external microphone. If you haven't purchased one yet, you may try to check out our DJI Mic on our website. If you are looking for a recommended 3rd party mic for you to connect to your DJI Osmo Action 3 via the USB-C port, kindly please check the list below. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other concerns. Thank you.

1. DJI: DJI Mic;
2. Soaiy: MK3;
3. Fifine: FJ230;
4. Latzz: A3
5. Lenovo: UM6S;
6. Saramonic: U3A;
2022-10-8
Use props
Kruisr
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-8 20:04
Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. The DJI Osmo Action 3 supports several types of an external microphone. If you haven't purchased one yet, you may try to check out our DJI Mic on our website. If you are looking for a recommended 3rd party mic for you to connect to your DJI Osmo Action 3 via the USB-C port, kindly please check the list below. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other concerns. Thank you.

Thank you for the quick feedback.

I have tested the recommended Saramonic U3A microphone. If you use this microphone in a motorcycle helmet in the chin area and regulate the audio gain to 0db (this is the minimum), so he holds a completely distorted audio signal that is not usable.

Is that the way it's supposed to be? Can DJI say anything about this? Is there a compatible USB-C microphone that offers a clean audio signal?

Link to the Audio-Quality Test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMlvglgru-4
2022-10-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Kruisr Posted at 10-15 02:28

I have tested the recommended Saramonic U3A microphone. If you use this microphone in a motorcycle helmet in the chin area and regulate the audio gain to 0db (this is the minimum), so he holds a completely distorted audio signal that is not usable.

Thank you for keeping us posted. We may need to coordinate this with our team for attention. We will keep you posted once we hear from them. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Shure MV88+ works well with the Action 2 and it would probably work with the Action 3.  On YouTube there are a number of videos showing USB-C mics in use with the Action 2, which almost certainly would work with the Action 3, given their similarity.
2022-10-17
Use props
djiuser_HQDkDCyGqZ4C
lvl.1
Canada

The issues with these mics, and more I'm sure, is the sensitivity. Could we have gain control below ZERO please. Also add to your list of working mics Sennheiser XS USB-C...but it's far too sensitive and almost unusable.
2022-10-17
Use props
djiuser_HQDkDCyGqZ4C
lvl.1
Canada

Kruisr Posted at 10-15 02:28

We need ability to set gain below zero.
2022-10-17
Use props
djiuser_HQDkDCyGqZ4C
lvl.1
Canada

The Sennheiser XS USB-C works but it very very sensitive.
2022-10-17
Use props
djiuser_HQDkDCyGqZ4C
lvl.1
Canada

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. The DJI Osmo Action 3 supports several types of an external microphone. If you haven't purchased one yet, you may try to check out our DJI Mic on our website. If you are looking for a recommended 3rd party mic for you to connect to your DJI Osmo Action 3 via the USB-C port, kindly please check the list below. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other concerns. Thank you.

Number 5 is a laptop. Come on, get with it.
2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_HQDkDCyGqZ4C Posted at 10-17 13:40
The issues with these mics, and more I'm sure, is the sensitivity. Could we have gain control below ZERO please. Also add to your list of working mics Sennheiser XS USB-C...but it's far too sensitive and almost unusable.

Thank you for your response. We will forward this feedback of yours to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-19
Use props
BigTB
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_HQDkDCyGqZ4C Posted at 10-17 14:03
Number 5 is a laptop. Come on, get with it.

The first thing that comes up in a Google search (at least, for me) is a laptop, because of the Lenovo part.  But technically, the UM6S is a microphone.  I can't find an english site to order it from, but it seems to exist.

I agree about offering gain below 0.  I think -6 to +6 would be a better range.  I bought a USB C to 3.5mm mic adapter and with a lavalier plugged in I get levels right on the verge of clipping with a normal speaking voice and the mic level set to 0.  I'd much prefer more headroom.
2022-10-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

ALuratek by Bestbuy lasts about 1  hour tops, wireless mic $50.00
2022-10-21
Use props
Kruisr
lvl.2

Germany

Fishycomics Posted at 10-21 16:32
ALuratek by Bestbuy lasts about 1  hour tops, wireless mic $50.00

All this does nothing for my use case. I want the microphone in a motorcycle helmet. That should prevent wind noise from destroying the recording. And I want to comment while driving. I can't do that with the OA3, because it doesn't offer audio input sensitivity control. So no matter what microphone you buy for it you won't get a clean audio signal if you can't control the sensitivity.

This should be possible on the software side because finally you can "boost" the audio signal via software. The question is WHEN DJI will provide this possibility.
2022-10-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Kruisr Posted at 10-21 23:18
All this does nothing for my use case. I want the microphone in a motorcycle helmet. That should prevent wind noise from destroying the recording. And I want to comment while driving. I can't do that with the OA3, because it doesn't offer audio input sensitivity control. So no matter what microphone you buy for it you won't get a clean audio signal if you can't control the sensitivity.

This should be possible on the software side because finally you can "boost" the audio signal via software. The question is WHEN DJI will provide this possibility.

you take hte  par that  is hte transmitter, and best of luck.
2022-10-22
Use props
Tsweimer
lvl.1
Canada

BigTB Posted at 10-21 09:00
The first thing that comes up in a Google search (at least, for me) is a laptop, because of the Lenovo part.  But technically, the UM6S is a microphone.  I can't find an english site to order it from, but it seems to exist.

I agree about offering gain below 0.  I think -6 to +6 would be a better range.  I bought a USB C to 3.5mm mic adapter and with a lavalier plugged in I get levels right on the verge of clipping with a normal speaking voice and the mic level set to 0.  I'd much prefer more headroom.

My next "fix" is an $8 inline volume control. Apparently this can be used to reduce sensitivity.
2022-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules