Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pansartax
lvl.1
Flight distance : 531319 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi!

Anyone else who experiences problems with the Motion Controllers battery? Fully charged the motion controller twice since I bought it earlier this week (it came with the Avata) and is able to use it normally if I do it at once after charging it. The problem is if I charge it fully then wants to go somewhere else to fly it consumes the battery even though it's turned off (yes, I know how to turn it off completely, it's like my 7th or 8th DJI Drone .

Called the DJI Support Hotline. They couldn't really help me and told me to go to the store to replace it if problem continues. Any ideas on how to solve it so I don't need to replace it would be helpful.
2022-10-8
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Was it completely discharged when receiving it from the reseller?
2022-10-8
Use props
Pansartax
lvl.1
  • >>>
Sweden

frankymusik Posted at 10-8 08:19
Was it completely discharged when receiving it from the reseller?

Yes, it was completely discharged when I got it.
2022-10-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. May we know which way you contact us? Please tell us your phone number for our further checks. Besides, may we know if you have tried to refresh the firmware to the latest version?
2022-10-8
Use props
Pansartax
lvl.1
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 10-8 17:22
Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. May we know which  way you contact us? Please tell us your phone number for our further  checks. Besides, may we know if you have tried to refresh the firmware  to the latest version?
If you read my post again you will find that there is no problem charging the controller. The problem is that it discharges the battery quickly even when it's turned off completely. This also makes it time consuming to charge it since the input power is just slightly filling the battery more than it discharges. At this very time the controller is at about 50% battery level after 12 hours of charging.
2022-10-8
Use props
deeve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 72864 ft
United States

I dont suppose it is possible it is turning itself on in whatever you carry it in if you do carry it in something. Both myself and my buddy noticed the controller is really easy to turn on when in a bag.
2022-10-8
Use props
Pansartax
lvl.1
  • >>>
Sweden

deeve Posted at 10-8 19:06
I dont suppose it is possible it is turning itself on in whatever you carry it in if you do carry it in something. Both myself and my buddy noticed the controller is really easy to turn on when in a bag.

Nope. I've never put it in a bag. It's on a table charging right now and the problem persists. Will probably go to the store where I bought it to get it replaced.
2022-10-8
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Good morning.
It could be the faulty lithium batteries. Warranty replacement may be required.
2022-10-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Pansartax Posted at 10-8 18:38
If you read my post again you will find that there is no problem charging the controller. The problem is that it discharges the battery quickly even when it's turned off completely. This also makes it time consuming to charge it since the input power is just slightly filling the battery more than it discharges. At this very time the controller is at about 50% battery level after 12 hours of charging.

Sorry for any confusion caused. You are advised to send the motion controller back for further testing.
2022-10-9
Use props
Pansartax
lvl.1
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 10-9 02:52
Sorry for any confusion caused. You are advised to send the motion controller back for further testing.

I went to the dealer today half an hour away and got it replaced.
2022-10-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Pansartax Posted at 10-9 09:00
I went to the dealer today half an hour away and got it replaced.

Okay. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
2022-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules