DJI OSMO camera, wi-fi connection with the up problem.
358 6 2022-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lipariniotis
lvl.1

Greece

When I try to connect to my "ancient" OSMO camera from my phones DJI GO up, it connects me to the inspire drone menu. (picture included). This is the first time this problem occurred, in all my years of using my OSMO. I think  the problem is in the wi-fi connection. Any suggestions please.
311121443_839346473912202_8753952324078647461_n.jpg
2022-10-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go app on your mobile device and then check if the issue persists? Kindly please try to swipe from left to right or right to left the inspire 1 drone icon to see if could select different product. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-8
Use props
Lipariniotis
lvl.1

Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-8 19:35
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go app on your mobile device and then check if the issue persists? Kindly please try to swipe from left to right or right to left the inspire 1 drone icon to see if could select different product. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Thank you very much for the immidiate response. The first thing I did was to delete and reinstall the app on my phone and my son's phone (my previews one). I used the app from both phones for years without a problem. As you can see in the first picture I have no problem connecting with the camera's Wi-Fi network. When the Osmo is off and I run the app, It allows me to move the inspire image from left to right and I chose the osmo image (picture 2). But when I turn on my camera the inspire image appears without the option off moving it left or right. I can use the joystick of the camera without a problem. I can't take a picture and save it to the SD card even blindly (without running the app). My Osmo has an amazing quality recording video and photos and I'm pretty attached to it. I'm a physical education teacher and I have produced some incredible videos with my students and athletes utilizing the gimbal capabilities of the Osmo. Thanks in advance.
Screenshot_20221009_103601_dji.pilot.jpg
Screenshot_20221009_102030_com.android.settings.jpg
2022-10-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Lipariniotis Posted at 10-9 00:05
Thank you very much for the immidiate response. The first thing I did was to delete and reinstall the app on my phone and my son's phone (my previews one). I used the app from both phones for years without a problem. As you can see in the first picture I have no problem connecting with the camera's Wi-Fi network. When the Osmo is off and I run the app, It allows me to move the inspire image from left to right and I chose the osmo image (picture 2). But when I turn on my camera the inspire image appears without the option off moving it left or right. I can use the joystick of the camera without a problem. I can't take a picture and save it to the SD card even blindly (without running the app). My Osmo has an amazing quality recording video and photos and I'm pretty attached to it. I'm a physical education teacher and I have produced some incredible videos with my students and athletes utilizing the gimbal capabilities of the Osmo. Thanks in advance.

Thank you for keeping us posted and we're sorry again for the trouble. Can you please confirm what mobile device are you using? Are those 2 mobile device showing the same issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-10
Use props
Lipariniotis
lvl.1

Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-10 02:38
Thank you for keeping us posted and we're sorry again for the trouble. Can you please confirm what mobile device are you using? Are those 2 mobile device showing the same issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

My current phone is a huawei nova 5T and my previous one is a huawei p 20.  I have never had a problem  before with both of my phones. I used the app for years with both phones. The problem I face now is the same in both phones.  When I run the app, I enter the inspire drone menu, not the Osmo menu.
2022-10-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Lipariniotis Posted at 10-11 07:17
My current phone is a huawei nova 5T and my previous one is a huawei p 20.  I have never had a problem  before with both of my phones. I used the app for years with both phones. The problem I face now is the same in both phones.  When I run the app, I enter the inspire drone menu, not the Osmo menu.

Thank you for your response. It seems that you are using an older version of the Osmo series and thus, the DJI go app uses also an old version of the mobile devices. It shows here that the mobile device that you are using is not compatible with the app and this might be the main cause of the issue. Kindly please refer to the image below for the list of recommended mobile devices for the unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.

2022-10-12
Use props
Lipariniotis
lvl.1

Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-12 03:11
Thank you for your response. It seems that you are using an older version of the Osmo series and thus, the DJI go app uses also an old version of the mobile devices. It shows here that the mobile device that you are using is not compatible with the app and this might be the main cause of the issue. Kindly please refer to the image below for the list of recommended mobile devices for the unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.

[view_image]
Some years ago I recommended the Osmo camera to a friend of mine and he bought the exact combo I was using. As you can see in the picture we also bought the z axis extention. I asked him to lend me his Osmo camera, so I can test the compatibility issue you suggest. I removed my zenmuse x3 camera and used his. The result is that within seconds I was able to connect with my Huawei phone to the dji go app and record without a problem. I also placed my x3 camera on my friends Osmo z axis, and I couldn't connect to the app. So there is definitely not a compatibility issue with my phone. Please sir don't give me the easy answer (compatibility problem). As I said before I've been using the app with my Huawei phone for years. I'm 53 years old and I love my Osmo camera. If you can help me with my problem I will appreciate it. If you are too bored to help me, let me know so that we both don't waste our time and I can ask someone else from DJI to help me.
IMG_20221012_145845.jpg
2022-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules