U.S. Dept of Defense blacklists DJI.
1327 9 2022-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Orthrok
lvl.2
Flight distance : 205610 ft
United States

https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases/Release/Article/3180636/dod-releases-list-of-peoples-republic-of-china-prc-military-companies-in-accord/
DOD Ban
What are your thoughts?

2022-10-8
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think our military would be crazy to buy any off-the-shelf technology product in their military operations. That is irrespective of the country of origin or the company that makes it.  Each product proposed to be utilized should be thoroughly dissected and analyzed and if it doesn't meet critical security criteria, then it should not be able to be used by any DOD entity.  

From a consumer or commercial perspective, it seems like yet another nothingness that is only rooted in political posturing.
2022-10-8
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where was my iPhone made again??
2022-10-8
Use props
NightThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

KlooGee Posted at 10-8 12:27
I think our military would be crazy to buy any off-the-shelf technology product in their military operations. That is irrespective of the country of origin or the company that makes it.  Each product proposed to be utilized should be thoroughly dissected and analyzed and if it doesn't meet critical security criteria, then it should not be able to be used by any DOD entity.  

From a consumer or commercial perspective, it seems like yet another nothingness that is only rooted in political posturing.

Ukraine? But then again, good on DJI and Ukraine! And the other drones that are being used, Pandora's box has been opened and we're not going back again.
2022-10-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got to agree with KlooGee's comments in Post #2.  Don't think it will have any effect on a non-military users, although this could change in the future.  
2022-10-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 10-8 14:46

Apple is also making the iPhone in India these days.  https://www.techjuice.pk/india-i ... for-an-apple-store/
2022-10-9
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-9 06:45
Apple is also making the iPhone in India these days.  https://www.techjuice.pk/india-is-exporting-iphones-worth-2-5-billion-this-year-pakistan-still-waiting-for-an-apple-store/

Being realistic, Apple will start making some iPhones in India, but given where the parts originate, I'm still going to go with China.  

I think paranoia over who is making what is way too late.  
2022-10-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 10-9 12:14
Being realistic, Apple will start making some iPhones in India, but given where the parts originate, I'm still going to go with China.  

I think paranoia over who is making what is way too late.

Aren’t most chips made in Taiwan these days.
2022-10-9
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1078150 ft
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 10-8 14:46

Depends on the model. They started assembling some in India and technically it is made and designed over several countries.
2022-10-12
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1078150 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-10 03:06
About 90% of chips are manufactured in Taiwan.

The numbers are really heavy just because a crap load of cheap small little chips are made in Taiwan that don't do much on their own. It becomes more interesting when you start looking at high end.
2022-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules