Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Batteries not auto-discharging
3803 29 2022-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Killerbee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64820 ft
Netherlands

The user manual says that the Avata batteries will auto-discharge to approx. 60% in five days when idle.
However, my batteries are still close to fully charged when left idle for a week.

Is the auto-discharge function even working?
avata batt.jpg
2022-10-8
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44948 ft
  • >>>
Italy

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=276134
2022-10-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to discharge the said battery until it goes up to completely 0% then recharge it again? After that, plug in the said battery on the drone and connect it to the DJI Assistant 2 consumer version then please update/refresh the firmware of the drone (the battery firmware will be updated/refreshed at the same time) then check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-12
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

Sorry, there's no way to discharge completely to 0%. And if there is, it will kill the battery.
Also, connecting the Avata to DJI Assistant 2 consumer version won't do it any good, as they are not compatible.
The drone and batteries are already on the latest firmware.

All these little mis-information tips makes me wonder, do you even know what you're talking about?
Do you have any technical knowledge? Or are you just a guy at the DJI office, trying to help but not really having an idea how things work exactly?
I'm not trying to be rude or anything negative. But I bought not the cheapest of drones, with some pretty expensive batteries (I also have the fly more kit) and by dragging these faulty packs week after week won't do them any good. Might be a waste of hard earned money.
2022-10-15
Use props
djiuser_JiHBfpxYUOiy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 293570 ft
Czechia

Hi, I can confirm it too. After 7 days from full charge the battery still holding full capacity. I have 4 batteries all with the same problem. Maybe the batterie are not as Intelligent as advertised . Hope firmware update will arrive ASAP.
2022-10-16
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

djiuser_JiHBfpxYUOiy Posted at 10-16 11:19
Hi, I can confirm it too. After 7 days from full charge the battery still holding full capacity. I have 4 batteries all with the same problem. Maybe the batterie are not as Intelligent as advertised . Hope firmware update will arrive ASAP.

Good, I suspect there are much more people with this problem.
2022-10-17
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-12 03:06
Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to discharge the said battery until it goes up to completely 0% then recharge it again? After that, plug in the said battery on the drone and connect it to the DJI Assistant 2 consumer version then please update/refresh the firmware of the drone (the battery firmware will be updated/refreshed at the same time) then check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Still not auto discharging. Can you ask the technical guys to have a look at it, please?
2022-10-23
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

Nice to see!
2022-10-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Killerbee Posted at 10-23 13:32
Still not auto discharging. Can you ask the technical guys to have a look at it, please?

Thank you for your response and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the battery in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-10-25
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

They're li-ion, so it doesn't matter. They won't get damaged.
2022-10-25
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

Giammi Posted at 10-25 06:43
They're li-ion, so it doesn't matter. They won't get damaged.

That's not true.

The sticker on the Avata batteries says: Lithium Ion Polymer.
The sticker on the DJI FPV batteries says: Lithium Ion Polymer.
The sticker on the Mini 2 batteries says: Lithium Ion Polymer.

All DJI batteries, except the Avata, are auto- discharging.
According to the user manual, the Avata batteries should also auto-discharge.

People saying that it doesn't matter are ignoring the fact that their batteries will get damaged very fast!
So please, beware!
2022-10-25
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Killerbee Posted at 10-25 06:50
That's not true.

The sticker on the Avata batteries says: Lithium Ion Polymer.

Avata batteries are li-ion, not lipo. So it doesn't matter. Stop this drama please.
2022-10-26
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

Giammi Posted at 10-26 03:22
Avata batteries are li-ion, not lipo. So it doesn't matter. Stop this drama please.

Remember when Mini 2 batteries had a problem with not auto-discharging?
Those are exactly the same as the Avata ones.
DJI should look into it.
Why else, does the user manual say they should discharge?
Are we getting false info? Are you giving false info?

Why are you so ignorant?
If you don't have battery problems, please don't comment in this topic.
2022-10-26
Use props
Axelz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3427999 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They are lipo - this has been confirmed by someone opening them, so best to let them discharge to storage level automatically (once you have charged up after use).  See this video around 1minute 26 seconds
2022-10-26
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

On Saturday I took my batteries out of the safe to fully charge them for Sunday and was amazed to find that most of them were quite warm. Clear sign that they were in the process of self-discharge. If the batteries all have the latest firmware, this works with discharging. I used the batteries Oct 14 and took them out againg on Oct 22. Around day 8 they were self discharging.
2022-10-26
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

As an addendum: if I understood it correctly, you should not wake up the batteries, e.g. by pressing the button or plugging them into the drone or the charger. This probably delays the time at which the self-discharge begins.
2022-10-26
Use props
Waden
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192661 ft
Switzerland

Lithium Ion Polymère is the full name of a LiPo battery -> do a quick check on Wikipedia.
2022-10-28
Use props
djiuser_CADlOsbSlHZ0
lvl.1

Canada

I have both the FPV and Avata and I've noticed all avata batteries aren't discharging. It's been a week since I last flew. Didn't get to fly the fpv but they've discharged, unlike avata.
16732076317994570577255405948033.jpg
2023-1-8
Use props
fans6ad0caa0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 202976 ft

Latvia

У меня разряжаются нормально, главное на кнопки не жать из за этого они и не разряжаются.
2023-1-8
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

The batteries will discharge eventually, after the first week.
It's very confusing because they don't behave like it's discribed in the manual, or like any other DJI batteries.
DJI is not very clear on things, at least for this drone.

And I find it very weird that you're not supposed to press the buttons to check the battery levels.
I still hope the batteries wont degrade any faster because of the very slow discharging.
2023-1-8
Use props
fans6ad0caa0
lvl.1

Latvia

Нажмите и посмотрите после 8 дней. Когда идёт саморазряд то батареи теплые, это тоже показатель что все нормально.
2023-1-8
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

fans6ad0caa0 Posted at 1-8 13:15
Нажмите и посмотрите после 8 дней. Когда идёт саморазряд то батареи теплые, это тоже показатель что все нормально.

Please, write English.

Lipos are not designed to hold their charge for over a week.
It causes damage to the cells over time.
2023-1-8
Use props
fans6ad0caa0
lvl.1

Latvia

Everything will break someday
2023-1-8
Use props
fans6ad0caa0
lvl.1

Latvia

I have 4 batteries and I'm not worried about them. If there are problems with marriage, then I will throw out all the products of this company and forget about it. I'll buy a more reliable product from someone.
2023-1-8
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

fans6ad0caa0 Posted at 1-8 13:27
Everything will break someday

True, but everything also has an expected lifetime.
Lipos that aren't looked after will break far before the expected end of lifetime.
On top of that, it can lead to safety issues during flights.
2023-1-8
Use props
fans6ad0caa0
lvl.1

Latvia

On top of that, it can lead to safety issues during flights.-Ava already has problems with this, I'm more worried about that than about the batteries.... Why did I buy this Avatar at all? Ha-ha
2023-1-8
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

Maybe the batteries are the cause of some of the problems.
DJI is imho pretty ignorant about the whole battery issue.
2023-1-8
Use props
djiuser_CADlOsbSlHZ0
lvl.1

Canada

I don't like how the avata can't handle hard turns due to certain Gs when flying in manual. Experienced my first loss of control which the emergency break button saved me on. Not cool DJI.
2023-1-8
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

djiuser_CADlOsbSlHZ0 Posted at 1-8 17:51
I don't like how the avata can't handle hard turns due to certain Gs when flying in manual. Experienced my first loss of control which the emergency break button saved me on. Not cool DJI.

That's not what this topic is about, and that problem has had a fix in the latest firmware.

Please, stay on topic: batteries
2023-1-8
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

i also niticed it takes longer for the batteries to start discharging than stated in the manual.... they do discharge though...

I hope this will not damage them!
2023-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules