Poor quality of satellite images in the map.
1720 13 2022-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Roads and the city are well shown on the map, but if you turn on the display of satellite images, the quality is very low.
All updates
Fly 1.7.4
2022-10-9
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

that's why there's been the cry for google maps for a long time (as also present in all other dji apps)
2022-10-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Drone.Hunter. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a screenshot of the issue for us to be able to see and can assist you on this matter? Thank you.
2022-10-9
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Kazakhstan

From Fly

From Fly

Main map

Main map
2022-10-10
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Kazakhstan

From android phone - correct
2022-10-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Drone.Hunter Posted at 10-11 01:23
From android phone - correct

If you use Google Maps in an application, you have to pay Google for the privelege, so DJI would have to pay a fee for every user out there. And they are simply not going to do that.
2022-10-11
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Kazakhstan

Two screenshots are from one remote control. In one window everything is fine, in the other it is not.
2022-10-11
Use props
djiuser_MRggSxk5zqcC
New

Ukraine

I also saw not very high-quality satellite images. And in order to somehow figure it out, I searched a lot for information on the Internet. I was very glad that I found a sat images collection. Really the information I needed. I hope that I will never encounter bad satellite images again.
2023-4-11
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

Definitely want to keep this alive and on DJI's radar.  This needs to be fixed.  Paying $300 for a controller with sub-standard imaging is not cool.  If DJI needs to pay Google, then they should pony-up.  If they want to save money, work with someone else, but be sure to provide reasonable satellite imagery... or warn customers ahead of time.  The provided imagery is useless.  It's like placing a pin on an old-school globe that says "Your drone is here".
2023-4-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gary Mac Posted at 4-13 11:00
Definitely want to keep this alive and on DJI's radar.  This needs to be fixed.  Paying $300 for a controller with sub-standard imaging is not cool.  If DJI needs to pay Google, then they should pony-up.  If they want to save money, work with someone else, but be sure to provide reasonable satellite imagery... or warn customers ahead of time.  The provided imagery is useless.  It's like placing a pin on an old-school globe that says "Your drone is here".

It's not just the lower-cost DJI RC either, it is or at least was an issue on the DJI RC Pro too, that's nearly £900 here in the UK. No such issues when using the N1 and your phone or tablet though so my thoughts are, is that it points to a licensing problem.
2023-4-14
Use props
Axelz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3427999 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-14 19:44
It's not just the lower-cost DJI RC either, it is or at least was an issue on the DJI RC Pro too, that's nearly £900 here in the UK. No such issues when using the N1 and your phone or tablet though so my thoughts are, is that it points to a licensing problem.

Suspect the case, for the consumer drones to keep costs down.  On the RC Pro Enterprise (basically same hardware as the RC Pro) the DJI Pilot 2 app does have decent maps but that's on their more expensive enterprise line of drone... you can use other 3rd party apps on that too, which can have different map sources too.  Offline maps work better on that as well, you can select larger areas.
2023-4-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Axelz Posted at 4-28 08:51
Suspect the case, for the consumer drones to keep costs down.  On the RC Pro Enterprise (basically same hardware as the RC Pro) the DJI Pilot 2 app does have decent maps but that's on their more expensive enterprise line of drone... you can use other 3rd party apps on that too, which can have different map sources too.  Offline maps work better on that as well, you can select larger areas.

As i said the RC Pro has or had the exact same issue as the cheaper DJI RC, its one of the reasons i returned it, but when using your own phone or tablet with the N1 RC, the maps, are just fine.
2023-4-28
Use props
Axelz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3427999 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-28 18:25
As i said the RC Pro has or had the exact same issue as the cheaper DJI RC, its one of the reasons i returned it, but when using your own phone or tablet with the N1 RC, the maps, are just fine.

Yes, different app on the RC Pro Enterprise the DJI Pilot 2 with two possible different map sources.
2023-4-29
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

I fully agree, this feature is totally useless! no resolution at all within 50 yards. It is actually dangerous to preset waypoints using the map.
2023-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules