Missing imagery in M300 RTK mapping missions
2489 4 2022-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb5035101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277995 ft
United States

I am using an M300 RTK with P1. All firmware is current. For some time now, I have imagery gaps in my mapping missions. These gaps are typically 2-3 images, but can often exceed 7 and sometimes 10 in a row, in various places across the field. Most of the time, these gaps are covered by the front and sidelap when they are less than 3 images, but the larger gaps cannot be covered. After updating to Pilot 2, an error message came up stating "PPS Signal Sending Error". I am not sure if it is related to my missing imagery or not. BTW, this happens on another M300 RTK/P1 set up, but not on a third. The situation will occur when using Terrain Following and without, and does not happen with my H20. Any advice would greatly be apprecaited.
cooper 1.jpg

2022-10-9
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

PPS = Pulse Per Second, and is used for timestamping under DJI's Time Sync functionality for attaching precise attitude and position data to each image. If the PPS errors do indeed co-occur with the missing images, then it sounds like that could be an explanation for why they are missing.

You might try a different SD card that meets or exceeds the recommended specs, or slowing the aircraft speed and thus the trigger rate of the camera. If neither of those helps, it may be good to have the system looked at by DJI if the PPS errors persist.
2022-10-9
Use props
fansb5035101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277995 ft
United States

patiam Posted at 10-9 16:23
PPS = Pulse Per Second, and is used for timestamping under DJI's Time Sync functionality for attaching precise attitude and position data to each image. If the PPS errors do indeed co-occur with the missing images, then it sounds like that could be an explanation for why they are missing.

You might try a different SD card that meets or exceeds the recommended specs, or slowing the aircraft speed and thus the trigger rate of the camera. If neither of those helps, it may be good to have the system looked at by DJI if the PPS errors persist.

Thank you for your reply. We have tried a V90 SD card, various speeds, time and distance interval triggers, all to no effect. Where can I check to see if there are missing PPS data?
2022-10-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will check your problem and reply to you asap.
Please don't worry.
2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Update:
Please check the following details to see if your problem can be resolved:
Zenmuse P1 Photo Missing Troubleshooting:
1. Check whether the SD card is a recommended model, if it is already a recommended model, whether the SD card has been used for a long time (the SD card is aging), you can try to back up the data first and then format the SD card.
2. Check whether the SD card is almost full.

When Matrice M300 RTK paired with Zenmuse P1/L1 camera, the APP prompts that the PPS timing is abnormal:
1. Please cross test the problem to confirm whether the problem is caused by the aircraft or the camera. Note that when cross-testing, you must use the P1 or L1 camera, because the PPS function is only available when paired with these two cameras.
2. If it is confirmed that it is caused by the aircraft, it may be caused by poor contact between the gimbal cable and the aircraft PSDK interface. please try to re-plug and unplug the gimbal cable. Note that after re-plugging, the two screws on the gimbal cable must be firmly installed.

Thank you.
2022-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules