2946 9 2022-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Interesting Upgrade video, maybe DJI needs to send us these motors?

2022-10-9
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64820 ft
Netherlands

After upgrading, will it still fly as a cinewhoop? Or more like a freestyle quad?
2022-10-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting to see!
2022-10-9
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

thanks for sharing...
2022-10-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2022-10-9
Use props
arkchan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1655138 ft
Hong Kong

it is surely a great upgrade for avata. It fix the prop washout issue by giving more power to it and resolved the flip issue as well.
However I might be not going for this upgrade as this should not be our responsibility to spend such extra dollars to fix it ourself, and it may make our avata losing the warrenty.

If I want to do such custumization work, why do i need to bother buying dji avata, we can just go for custom build or other plenty of cinewhoop on the market already.
So i may skip this one and wait for the FW upgrade to fix the flip issue. Even the prop washout will still be there due to lack of power by the motor, but prop washout can be handled by skill so its fine to me.

Anyway, thanks for sharing and its good to know more about the avata ! Cheers.
2022-10-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting find and many thanks for sharing.
2022-10-10
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

arkchan Posted at 10-10 00:15
it is surely a great upgrade for avata. It fix the prop washout issue by giving more power to it and resolved the flip issue as well.
However I might be not going for this upgrade as this should not be our responsibility to spend such extra dollars to fix it ourself, and it may make our avata losing the warrenty.

Yeah as soon as DJI kicks out the recall I will send back for new motors. Until then if I do anything to the Avata motors it kills off my warranty and the Care refresh so this is a no go for me also.
2022-10-10
Use props
fans396494c9
New

Australia

Motor upgrade is 80% effective.. definitely worth doing for seasoned builders and flyers. However if you have confidence issues do not do this upgrade. Don't fly the pants off it. And be very conscious of the yaw issue when flying.
2022-10-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

something tells me dji is not going to recall (that would be huge) the drone because over-flying it beyond capabilities can cause a crash.  i dont see a safety-related issue due to a product defect.  imho

i think there are other less drastic solutions they could implement.
2022-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules