Anti-Fog inserts for waterproof case - How to use
2508 6 2022-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mypointofview
lvl.1
United States

Hi there, I'm new to DJI products and this forum. I have a DJI Osmo Pocket 2 with a waterproof case. I have a question about the Anti-Fog Inserts:

The strips are coated with plastic foil with red text. Must I peel the foil off to expose the white material underneath?

Thanks, Martin

2022-10-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can you share an image of the inserts?
I personally have not gotten the waterproof case, but I'm considering it.
2022-10-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Martin. Thank you for reaching out and for these information. Used with the DJI Osmo Pocket Waterproof Case, these inserts effectively reduce moisture and prevent the case from fogging up. Just a reminder to please store the anti-fog inserts in a dry environment. The anti-fog effects of the insert will decrease if it is used more than once. It is recommended to replace the insert with a new one before shooting underwater. For reference I will post a DJI Tutorial Video on How To Use The Waterproof Case with the with the DJI Osmo Pocket Anti-fog Inserts ( https://store.dji.com/uk/product/osmo-pocket-anti-fog-inserts ). Thank you.

2022-10-9
Use props
mypointofview
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-9 23:01
Hello there Martin. Thank you for reaching out and for these information. Used with the DJI Osmo Pocket Waterproof Case, these inserts effectively reduce moisture and prevent the case from fogging up. Just a reminder to please store the anti-fog inserts in a dry environment. The anti-fog effects of the insert will decrease if it is used more than once. It is recommended to replace the insert with a new one before shooting underwater. For reference I will post a DJI Tutorial Video on How To Use The Waterproof Case with the with the DJI Osmo Pocket Anti-fog Inserts ( https://store.dji.com/uk/product/osmo-pocket-anti-fog-inserts ). Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-l8SIKFguA

Thank you! This will also answer the question of @Montfrooij – so the foil stays on. I was wondering because I thought that the plastic foil would prevent the material underneath from "sucking in" the moisture but either it's a special foil or the opening at the side is already enough to de-humidify the area. BTW, it's important to push the inserts down – otherwise, it may jam the head and you'd need to open the case again (leave a bit visible to be able to pull everything out later). It's a great case! I actually like the "waterproof case setting" very much because the gimbal reacts faster – great for swipe transitions
2022-10-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

mypointofview Posted at 10-10 10:56
Thank you! This will also answer the question of @Montfrooij – so the foil stays on. I was wondering because I thought that the plastic foil would prevent the material underneath from "sucking in" the moisture but either it's a special foil or the opening at the side is already enough to de-humidify the area. BTW, it's important to push the inserts down – otherwise, it may jam the head and you'd need to open the case again (leave a bit visible to be able to pull everything out later). It's a great case! I actually like the "waterproof case setting" very much because the gimbal reacts faster – great for swipe transitions

Hi there Martin. You are very much welcome and for sharing these interesting information as well. If you have any concerns or any inquiries with DJI in the future. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-10-10
Use props
fans97ec4da6
lvl.1

Australia

I also received a little black foam rubber pad with my waterproof case (not the anti fog pads) but I can't figure out what it is for; any ideas?
2022-10-13
Use props
djiuser_o019xWVHuPd1
New

Netherlands

fans97ec4da6 Posted at 2022-10-13 19:56
I also received a little black foam rubber pad with my waterproof case (not the anti fog pads) but I can't figure out what it is for; any ideas?
[UPDTE] It's a Osmo Pocket Compatibility Pad which you need to use when you have the Pocket. If you have a Pocket 2, you won't need it.

2023-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules