12Next >
5502 42 2022-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarcoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316335 ft
Italy

It is understandable that realtime stabilization has the advantage of providing a pre-stabilized movie to the user, since not everyone is able to use software like Gyroflow to do this using a computer.
But it is well known that post production stabilization can be more versatile as it is highly configurable.
Now I officially ask DJI why they didn't put this thing in the Osmo Action 3, since they did it in the Avata for example.
In my opinion it is not a question of not being able to do it, perhaps of not wanting to do it.
And I would like to know the valid reasons for this choice.
A myriad of times have been asked to implement it also on the DJI FPV but we have not been satisfied.
So DJI please tell us if the intention is not to please the users or if there is something else, given that we are talking about simple implementations via firmware.
DJI Osmo Action 3 and DJI FPV necessarily have gyro data inside them for a thousand reasons, is it so complicated to save them in an additional file to the recorded video, or even in the video itself?
Lack of computational ability?
Lack of developers who can do it (impossibile)?
Are you afraid that if OA3 or FPV has gyro data no one will buy Avata anymore?
2022-10-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That would be nice for sure.
2022-10-9
Use props
err
New

Hong Kong

That would be nice for sure.
2022-10-10
Use props
andrei193
Second Officer
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

I think it was mentioned that gyro data will come with the 10 bit firmware.
2022-10-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

We need gyro data indeed.

The only two action cameras that have it today is gopro and insta360.
2022-10-10
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
Italy

GoPro has had it since the Hero 5 in 2016. DJI not inlcuding it just shows contempt for their customers given that it's something that was already asked for in the OSMO 2.
2022-10-10
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

It would obviously be nice if they included it, after all it is a coveted feature in action cameras.
Especially when they are combined with another more important camera without stabilization.
I specifically asked DJI why they didn't include it, but of course, no reply.
It could really be a marketing choice, DJI often does this with many of its products, weakening them to sell others.

2022-10-10
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

DJI doesn't comment on this?
2022-10-28
Use props
WiscoPaddler
lvl.4
United States

+1 for gyro support.
2022-10-28
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

It seems that on Action 2 the gyro data have finally been included with the latest frmware.
We are waiting for them on OA3 as well!
2022-12-20
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

MarcoR Posted at 12-20 06:10
It seems that on Action 2 the gyro data have finally been included with the latest frmware.
We are waiting for them on OA3 as well!

I also think we will get it soon, maybe in a close firmware
2022-12-20
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

MarcoR Posted at 12-20 06:10
It seems that on Action 2 the gyro data have finally been included with the latest frmware.
We are waiting for them on OA3 as well!

Only in Beta, but in my tests it did work well.
2022-12-21
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Better ßeta than nothing.
I hope soon on OA3 as well, although I wouldn't want to think that putting it only on Action 2 might be a business move to sell the leftover stock.
2022-12-21
Use props
CRAIGMART75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1543901 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would be a great Feature !!
2022-12-21
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

Is it 100% confirmed that the latest beta Osmo Action 2 firmware has gyro data? Is it available for public testing or is it closed?
EDIT doesn't matter, seen the Osmo 2 firmware thread.
2023-1-3
Use props
fans1d47367c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2540827 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was really surprised when my action 3 didn’t have capability to work with gyroflow.

Seeing as my Avata does, I presumed that the action 3 was, as why wouldn’t it going forward.

& with Dji Fpv, if they could somehow implement it the. It would instantly make the Dji Fpv such a better product!

I learn to fly manual (acro) aboard my dji fpv, so it has a special place in my heart, but I hardly ever edit/upload any footage from it. Especially since getting the Avata, which I can simply drag the footage into Gyroflow.
This would instantly change if the same could be implemented via firmware or something. My Dji Fpv would become my most used product if they could do that.

Seeing how they didn’t make goggles 2 compatible with the fpv though, I doubt that they would make any big changes like this, as
it seems that they will start phasing it out eventually. Can’t wait to see what the Dji fpv 2 might be. & sub 250 gram Avata? like Defender 25?
Dji. Make gyro available in future products
2023-2-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mikedefieslife Posted at 1-3 05:13
Is it 100% confirmed that the latest beta Osmo Action 2 firmware has gyro data? Is it available for public testing or is it closed?
EDIT doesn't matter, seen the Osmo 2 firmware thread.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. With the latest firmware version released, DJI Action 2 will now include gyro data in the following camera settings:
Stabilization: off;
FOV: Wide;
Resolution: 4K (4:3) 24/25/30/48/50/60 or 4K (16:9) 100/120.
Gyroflow version v1.4.2 or above is recommended for gyro-based video stabilization.
Please let us know if you need further clarification. Have a nice day!
2023-2-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans1d47367c Posted at 2-19 12:22
I was really surprised when my action 3 didn’t have capability to work with gyroflow.

Seeing as my Avata does, I presumed that the action 3 was, as why wouldn’t it going forward.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out and sharing your experiences with DJI Products. We would like you to know that we appreciate your insights and suggestions. This will be forwarded to our designated team for attention. Please stay tuned to our DJI website for any relevant updates. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Have a nice day.
2023-2-19
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Tony Posted at 2-19 22:30
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out and sharing your experiences with DJI Products. We would like you to know that we appreciate your insights and suggestions. This will be forwarded to our designated team for attention. Please stay tuned to our DJI website for any relevant updates. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Have a nice day.

We still hope for gyro data on Osmo Action 3 in next firmware
2023-2-20
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

…as long as it will not affect battery life.
2023-2-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

johansenfoto Posted at 2-20 00:35
We still hope for gyro data on Osmo Action 3 in next firmware

Thanks for the added feedback. We will include yours and cascade them to our designated team. We hope such will be implemented in the next update. Thanks for your continued support.
2023-2-21
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Tony Posted at 2-21 00:28
Thanks for the added feedback. We will include yours and cascade them to our designated team. We hope such will be implemented in the next update. Thanks for your continued support.

Great to hear
2023-2-21
Use props
djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m
lvl.2

India

It is big plus if Gyro data is added in OA3. We can shoot in low light without RS on so we won't loose the image quality. We can later use Gyro soft to stabilize the footage
2023-2-21
Use props
djiuser_i3zt0NMy2j4m
lvl.2

India

It is big plus if Gyro data is added in OA3. It is big plus if Gyro data is added in OA3. We can shoot in low light without RS on so we won't loose the image quality. We can later use Gyro soft to stabilize the footageWe can shoot in low light without RS on so we won't loose the image quality. We can later use Gyro soft to stabilize the footage
2023-2-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We appreciate the feedback. Have a nice day!
2023-2-21
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

DJI Tony Posted at 2-21 22:58
We appreciate the feedback. Have a nice day!

Anything about this? I really would like to stab videos later with gyro data. Even my old GoPro Hero 6 has it. Whats the problem?
2023-3-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Aavalaakso Posted at 3-30 06:09
Anything about this? I really would like to stab videos later with gyro data. Even my old GoPro Hero 6 has it. Whats the problem?

Hi there. Thanks for checking in. We're sorry, but this has not been implemented for the Osmo Action 3 as of writing. We will continue to relay your feedback for attention. Your understanding is greatly appreciated, and thanks for your continued support.
2023-4-1
Use props
MartinBG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282044 ft
Bulgaria

This is kind of important in low light or slow shutter speeds as when RS is enabled there are quite bad glitches in video when the camera is shaking (like when walking downstairs or riding a bike on a bumpy road) and using RS in these situations ruins the footage.

Here are two videos (not mine) showing the problem:
Slow shutter speed test -
Low light video test -
2023-4-12
Use props
evanmahendra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213 ft

Indonesia

Is there any future update for gyro data?
2023-4-25
Use props
evanmahendra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213 ft

Indonesia

DJI Tony Posted at 4-1 00:33
Hi there. Thanks for checking in. We're sorry, but this has not been implemented for the Osmo Action 3 as of writing. We will continue to relay your feedback for attention. Your understanding is greatly appreciated, and thanks for your continued support.

Is there any future update?
2023-4-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

evanmahendra Posted at 4-25 20:43
Is there any future update?

Hi, evanmahendra. We're sorry, but we still have not received any updates regarding this feature for the Osmo Action 3. We're sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your continued support.
2023-4-26
Use props
fansf2ad3106
lvl.1

Vietnam

A new firmware update the other day but still no gyro data??I bought the action 3 under the assumption that because the action 2 exports gyro data, then why wouldn’t the action 3, as it should be an even better camera than it’s predecessor. I even ordered ND filters only to realize they will be useless with the cameras own stabilization. Total waste of money in my opinion.
2023-5-5
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

I don't think DJI cares about satisfying its buyers.
Forget the gyro data in OA3.
2023-5-7
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Gyrodata in Action 2 came more than 1 year after release, so there is still hope
2023-5-8
Use props
djiuser_8cNA6KkNxDa3
lvl.1
Czechia

johansenfoto Posted at 5-8 00:24
Gyrodata in Action 2 came more than 1 year after release, so there is still hope

Especially after oa 4
2023-8-2
Use props
djiuser_8cNA6KkNxDa3
lvl.1
Czechia

DJI Tony Posted at 4-26 00:11
Hi, evanmahendra. We're sorry, but we still have not received any updates regarding this feature for the Osmo Action 3. We're sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your continued support.

Is there any further update Tony? Especially after the oa4 release. Thank you. I bought oa3 just recently, kinda sucks. Probably not going to buy the oa 4.
2023-8-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_8cNA6KkNxDa3 Posted at 8-2 08:33
Is there any further update Tony? Especially after the oa4 release. Thank you. I bought oa3 just recently, kinda sucks. Probably not going to buy the oa 4.

Hi there. I have already referred this multiple times to our relevant team. We don't have an update yet. I understand the importance and thank you for your patience. It will be announced on the DJI official website once approved.
2023-8-3
Use props
djiuser_8cNA6KkNxDa3
lvl.1
Czechia

DJI Tony Posted at 8-3 02:50
Hi there. I have already referred this multiple times to our relevant team. We don't have an update yet. I understand the importance and thank you for your patience. It will be announced on the DJI official website once approved.

Thank you for the message.
I've wondered if the stabilization on the action isn't real time but I think that it's done after the fact kinda like in gyroflow but without any of the gyroflow fine tuning you can do, could you confirm please.
Thank you.
2023-8-4
Use props
djiuser_8cNA6KkNxDa3
lvl.1
Czechia

MarcoR Posted at 5-7 21:45
I don't think DJI cares about satisfying its buyers.
Forget the gyro data in OA3.
Second dji product I bought and It doesn't get any support at least gopro, insta listens to their customers. Would be nice if dji could open source their core os for theirs old products so that comunity can do whater they want. I think next camera I'm going to buy insta rs.
2023-8-4
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

djiuser_8cNA6KkNxDa3 Posted at 8-4 22:55
Second dji product I bought and It doesn't get any support at least gopro listens to their customers, comon dji its 2023. Would be nice if dji could open source their core os for theirs old products so that comunity can do what dji doesn't do. Never going to buy a dji product again until they start listening.

Stop trolling, gopro still haven't fixed all issues with their hero 8,9,10 and 11.
2023-8-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules