DJI Betaware and reverting
1466 24 2022-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI we are given firmware via the Mimo App, and are we entitled to Revert back to the  original,  or is this load in once and  stuck with betaware.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/osmo-action-3 this is hte download center no one knows about betaware or issues related, that should be  noted.

where will we be able to reload the original that restarted out with its not up and is required   to be placed back in.

we appreciate this and rest assure its the firmware missing for all
2022-10-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

B U M P  staff   the question is important when you  have a world wide issue on hand
2022-10-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Fishycomics. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information on the DJI Mimo application. May we please know if you are having issues with the given DJI  firmware via the DJI Mimo Application for us to be able to assist you further? Thank you.
2022-10-10
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

He wants to know if anyone trying new firmware - especially beta versions - can revert to what they had before by downloading it.
2022-10-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-10 22:22
Hello there Fishycomics. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information on the DJI Mimo application. May we please know if you are having issues with the given DJI  firmware via the DJI Mimo Application for us to be able to assist you further? Thank you.

If Betaware FW 1.0.1 is offered by  the Mimo app.  and I want to downgrade back to FW 1.0.0 is it possible to do?  If you do not understand the question ask?

We   update to betaware, we are   stuck with it  we do not want to contact DJI again that will say sorry  you can not downgrade

DJI  Please answer yes you can downgrade and here is the FW 1.0.0  Bin and debug  file
2022-10-11
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Currently you can not revert the beta firmware if you installed.

You shall wait for next official firmware update and do the upgrade to the next firmware.
just several days later
2022-10-11
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-ytao Posted at 10-11 04:44
Currently you can not revert the beta firmware if you installed.

You shall wait for next official firmware update and do the upgrade to the next firmware.

When will the next firmware be out?
2022-10-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Thank you for clearing this up.

Per TOS. DJI just more or less  locked all into Betaware and if one does like it, they now must request an RMAsince no downgrade is available at all. Publicaly

The real question will be hardware will not get fixed, software will and firmware may not make the issue go away and when all the original batch of Action 3 are no longer, what will the firmware now do to the ordinal batch cameras as well new ones. That will be a conflict  like saying put unleaded gas in a leaded gas car.

Pass the issue on to the consumer and hope the next generation of cameras fix the issues?

Ladies and gents we are not paid to test Betaware

We are to purchase a 100% guaranteed pass inspection camera and all who now have this camera sounds like, please wait for the firmware fix. And while your return period expire we thank you for being patient with us. We will offer a discount on your next purchase. Better yet hope for a real replacement DJI Action camera. That said Piea
2022-10-11
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 10-11 07:09
Thank you for clearing this up.

Per TOS. DJI just more or less  locked all into Betaware and if one does like it, they now must request an RMAsince no downgrade is available at all. Publicaly

DJI do this all the time, I wonder if there was a big rush to match GoPro 11 release date.
2022-10-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

my camera is in hand:

1 I  did not update my firmware as I have the official one on FW 05.02.10.  on

I newly registered. I wonder if that is  betaware?  if I   update, and then go to my official account I wonder  if I see a new update?

so the question is in hand

is there now a new firmware super confusing what is going on
2022-10-11
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

osmonauta Posted at 10-11 10:06
There's something fishy about that firmware. First of all, there are 2 different FW versions, one for the "regular" (?) FW, and the other is for the camera FW. I don't know what is the difference and which does what and why are there two firmwares. I received my camera on September 26th. The versions were as follows:

Firmware: 01.01.04.40

I hear ya. that is what I got right  off the camera, I must update no matter what thanks for letting me know.  so I must do some 30 cm test. andI bet once I update should have kept to that fishy software Lol
2022-10-11
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-11
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

What things are in the beta firmware?
2022-10-11
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

KerryG Posted at 10-11 10:57
What things are in the beta firmware?

Only more sharpness, but hard to actually see any difference
2022-10-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

have a hard time trying to figure out what is  blurry on this 30 CM shot
2022-10-12
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-12
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

2022-10-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

What is the Beataware version V01.01.05.0530

today this AM I had Betaware on and now its no longer gone

I have  FW 1.00.06.25
2022-10-13
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

not going to be a   fine shot if asked I can read it if I  zoom in some but the MP on this camera is not a gopro, I feel they can interpolate  some software in it but it looks like a 5MP  shot if asked 30 CM exact do we need to be on top of it hat looks like this
2022-10-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

this is a lot closer that may look 30Cm the lens is too wide for this camera if asking me
in person that is about natural as it can get, not the above shot which is not realistic atall
2022-10-13
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

thank you  I can not complain but  Iwill (sorry)  Ifeel that looks good but like said this lens  is not for the camera I guess.  I have a lot to do in a short period of time like all and  if my camera is good my next thread I am posting I love for all to do the same good luck on that this way its Documented and  DJI will have to answer to it meaning if they understand. working camera  and failure ones

Who made the camera and when and why some are good and others are aweful.
2022-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules