Buy or Wait? What i should do?
1903 12 2022-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Astroita87
lvl.2
Italy

Hi all, i'm in the market for an action cam, and seeing all the reviews on Youtube looks like this camera is what i was looking for, but luckily i went deeper on researches and feedback and joined here. Reading this forum i'm still not 100% sure if i should buy or not the Action 3 or wait until Dji try to fix this issue with the imaging not being sharper and out of focus.
Thanks in advance to you all for your advices

2022-10-10
Use props
EpicTree
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Best to wait a few weeks
2022-10-10
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I will also say wait.
And you will know if/when it have been fixed by watching this forum.
2022-10-10
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

wait is over, does not matter, the stores will hold old stock and dji will be the place to get new stock. by the time they correct  any camera, will not happen for a very long time.
2022-10-10
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

Based on the other thread - there was one forum user from Japan that had an acceptable OA3 unit - from my perspective.  If DJI can do that - I would buy one in a heartbeat.
2022-10-10
Use props
jhoff80
lvl.4
United States

Honestly I'd say wait or if you need something immediately, look to the competition.  After the disaster launch of the Action 2, they pretty much abandoned it after about 4 months (zero firmware updates, ignoring reported issues).  I'd hate to see that repeated with the Action 3.

I 100% regret buying in to the Action 2 knowing that there were ongoing issues and crossing my fingers that they'd be fixed (they never were).  Like the crappy magnetic case that DJI tried to use as a bandaid for heat issues caused my Action 2 to get damaged multiple times.  And the only answers I've gotten from support have been total BS.
2022-10-10
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316335 ft
Italy

Wait for the next batch, assuming they will, this cam is not doing too well and many choose GoPro which however has its faults too.
The first major flaw present in many honest reviews of OA3 is the poorly sharpness image, the second is the wobbly quick mount.
$200 cheaper than a GoPro 11 but there is a reason.
2022-10-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It is usually wise to wait a little.
(not just with DJI)
2022-10-10
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The softness issue is hard to pin down, I don't think mine is too bad it has certainly given some very acceptable result but I have seen some truly dreadful results in other videos.
Something else needs attention in auto exposure it is far too aggressively  bumping up too bright the moment anything darkens the frame and then going too dark again as conditions change.

This is a good example of both problems making it almost unusual in a situation it should have been ideal for.
What a mess it is making of the sky and everything in scene is far too soft. (About 6 minutes in)
- it's not my video -

2022-10-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Need to wait and keep an eye on this part of the forum.  When a fix is found somebody will post about it here for sure.  
2022-10-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Astroita87. Good day and thank you for choosing the DJI Osmo Action 3. I hope that our fellow DJI Members who had purchased the DJI Osmo Action 3 can give out there valued insights on this matter. In addition I will post a DJI Link where in you can find the specifications and frequently asked questions for the DJI Osmo Action 3 below. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/osmo-action-3?site=brandsite&from=nav
2022-10-11
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

For me mine is in hand and not sure it is an issue "for me"   time will tell.
2022-10-12
Use props
Tottel
lvl.2
Sweden

I'm in the same boat. Not sure if I should take a shot or wait. I've heard some people don't have any issues. Although, if you look at the following video, it looks horrible.
Would be lovely with an official statement when it's expected to be resolved and how they're planning on doing so.

I was looking at the competitor for a bit, but DJI's mounting system and battery life is far more tempting than what they got to offer.

2022-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules