Avata propeller fell off during the fly!!! Dangerous!!!
2131 10 2022-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AFlying Penguin
New
Flight distance : 18373 ft
Canada

Hello guys, be careful of your avata!
So I was flying the Avata outside with the motion controller at low speed in full open space! The avata fell to the ground suddenly without any hitting or stupid flying action (I was just flying to the front, just accelerating nothing else!). Then I see this!

WechatIMG18436.jpeg

The propeller is just away but the nut is still on, so I guess the propeller failed into two pieces or what cause this!

My Avata is brand new, never dropped before, only 5km flying history!

Trying to get contact with DJI support but I am in Canada and they can't offer any support in my area, still waiting for their engineering to contact me!

I do have DJI care and I submitted the DJI care to get it replaced but I do feel this is an design issue or production malfunction. I do see in China lots of Avata user has the same issue!
2022-10-10
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

There seems to be a lot missing in this scenario, including a piece of the other prop on the right. I'd be curious to see the flight logs leading up to this accident.
2022-10-10
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Dont replace it, put another prop on it and fly... It could be that the prop was on to tight and had a little crack
2022-10-10
Use props
AFlying Penguin
New
Flight distance : 18373 ft
Canada

Nees Posted at 10-10 15:11
Dont replace it, put another prop on it and fly... It could be that the prop was on to tight and had a little crack

I can't take the nut off the motor.
2022-10-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AFlying Penguin. I am sorry to read and to know about what happened to your DJI Avata and thank you for giving out these information. Since this unfortunate event happened, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-10-10
Use props
deeve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 72864 ft
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 10-10 11:15
There seems to be a lot missing in this scenario, including a piece of the other prop on the right. I'd be curious to see the flight logs leading up to this accident.

Good eye. Something happened to that other prop.  Maybe you unknowingly hit something. Branch or stick maybe.  Do you have the video from the goggles showing the last few seconds of flight?
2022-10-10
Use props
JAMh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4754715 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Probably the prop was damaged in a previous fly/drop/landing.

With these props design, that the part close to the center is so narrow and thy are close to ground, you must check them almost before each fly.

If u feel/see any damage, change it immediately.
Don´t forget this FPV drone, not a Mavic
2022-10-11
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Oh i see, its screw broke off...  There are ways to get it out, but will be difficult without the right tools
2022-10-11
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I made the mistake of over-tightening the prop screws and had a similar issue. I would say when checking be sure they are "snug" but not "tight".
2022-10-11
Use props
djiuser_zQHbqJ5XZ6he
New
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 2022-10-10 11:15
There seems to be a lot missing in this scenario, including a piece of the other prop on the right. I'd be curious to see the flight logs leading up to this accident.

There seems to be alot missing in this scenario? What do you mean by that? The other propeller likely cracked when the first one broke causing the drone to fall out of the sky. DJI made a poor choice using screws to attach the propellers. Snap in place click propellers have worked fine for nearly a decade, I don't understand why they chose for a clearly inferior design. Happened to me today during my second flight with my avata. It got three feet off the ground, the propeller spontaneously shattered under light load. The drone sustained several impact points of damage to the frame, battery and one other propeller. This was a horrible design choice on DJI's part.
2023-3-23
Use props
djiuser_zQHbqJ5XZ6he
New
United States

deeve Posted at 2022-10-10 20:14
Good eye. Something happened to that other prop.  Maybe you unknowingly hit something. Branch or stick maybe.  Do you have the video from the goggles showing the last few seconds of flight?

There seems to be alot missing in this scenario? What do you mean by that? The other propeller likely cracked when the first one broke causing the drone to fall out of the sky. DJI made a poor choice using screws to attach the propellers. Snap in place click propellers have worked fine for nearly a decade, I don't understand why they chose for a clearly inferior design. Happened to me today during my second flight with my avata. It got three feet off the ground, the propeller spontaneously shattered under light load. The drone sustained several impact points of damage to the frame, battery and one other propeller. This was a horrible design choice on DJI's part.
2023-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules