DJI MIC transmitter won't connect after firmware update
3486 7 2022-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Mh6ZYPptRtOa
lvl.1
United States

My DJI mic won't connect after firmware update. One transmitter and the receive both updated to the latest version. But the other transmitter only had the green light flashing and never connects. I've tried to re-install the firmware, factory reset receiver following the instructions for at least 10 times and never worked. Can anyone help with this issue??? I've also contacted DJI support but no one ever reached back to me.
2022-10-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to follow the troubleshooting steps below and check if the issue persists?

1. Make sure that the latest version of firmware is downloaded from the download page of DJI Mic's official website.

2. Make sure that the downloaded firmware (.bin file) is placed to the root directory of the transmitter and receiver.

3. Download the firmware again and place it to the corresponding folder. Restart the transmitter or receiver, and check if there are any changes.

Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-10
Use props
djiuser_Mh6ZYPptRtOa
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for replying! As i explained in the post, I have done all of the steps you metioned for numerous times. Even tried to factor reset, restarting, recharging, different computers, different cables and nothing works.
2022-10-10
Use props
WTFILMS
New
Flight distance : 276831 ft
Colombia

Hello, have you resolve the problem? Because i have the same one and i don’t know what else to do
2023-2-22
Use props
Schmurdaboi
New

United States

THIS. My DJI Mic was working great until two days ago. I decided to update to the latest firmware v02.00.72.87 for some of the newer features added that I was missing on my receiver. After I updated both the receiver and transmitters, only one transmitter will link. I have done a factory reset, I've added the tx_v02.00.72.87.bin file to the second transmitter about 5 times now with no fix. The receiver and Transmitter 1 are both running on the latest firmware as I can see from the receiver screen, but I cannot manually link the second nor does putting it in the case and closing the lid reconnect the second transmitter. it just continuously blinks green. I've manually tried reconnecting both transmitters both times, and it always connects the first one, but never the second. I can't find this issue elsewhere online and I've reached out to support. My case and contact points are extremely clean and the devices themselves are in great condition, I've probably only used them for 5-10 shoots. If you are thinking about upgrading the firmware (especially before a shoot), maybe wait. I never had any issues until I decided to upgrade to the newest firmware. Horrible firmware update if it's going to completely brick a $400 product. I too have reached out to support and have not heard back. Super frustrating and can't tell if my product is now defective from an update released by DJI themselves!
2023-4-12
Use props
ajfarmer
New

United States

I am having the same problem - cannot get the 2nd transmitter to update.
2023-4-25
Use props
djiuser_Mh6ZYPptRtOa
lvl.1
United States

Just an update to my original post, I thought waiting for a new firmware version to update again would fix the problem.

NOPE!!! UPDATING TO NEWER FIRMWARE DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM!!!

And for anyone who has the similar issue, DJI support team is the worst and never trust them. I contacted at different time for so many times and they either didn't reply back or tell me to do the same useless things again and again. Best advice, just don't buy stuff from DJI and if you do, consider that you will NEVER get any support and may spend couple hundred dollars on a piece of plastic toy.

2023-4-25
Use props
KlintK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 508944 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having this issue as well. I've tried to load the firmware multiple times and I've tried resetting the receiver. I've put them in the case and also tried manually linking. The second transmitter never connects.

***UPDATE***
I contacted DJI support chat and they stated it may be a hardware issue that is keeping the transmitter from pairing and told me to send the unit to a repair center. It was still under warranty so I will do that today and update here if that was the cause and what the solution is.

***UPDATE***
The units just arrived back from the repair center yesterday and they are functioning like new. It was covered under warranty, so it seems like it was a hardware issue that was preventing the transmitter from connecting. The DJI Service staff helped me and resolved the issue quickly once I realized there wasn't anything I could do and contacted them.
2023-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules