issue with remote charging
855 3 2022-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

Hi.

My remote only charges "2" lights, and then turns off. How do I fix this, and is this a potential issue if I am flying? (I.e., I don't want the remote just to randomly 'lose power' and turn off).
Is now only able to charge 1/2 way?

Second thing - for remotes (beause I have a few other phantoms) - - do you need to discharge them 1/2 way before storing, or do they auto-discharge like the batteries?

Thanks.

2022-10-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to leave the remote controller in the charger for approximately 2-3 hours then check if the issue persists? If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider purchasing a new one since sending this RC for repair will more likely cost you a brandnew one. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-10
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-10 18:44
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to leave the remote controller in the charger for approximately 2-3 hours then check if the issue persists? If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider purchasing a new one since sending this RC for repair will more likely cost you a brandnew one. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Yes, it does seem that the issue persists (it was in for about 2-3 hours, and then just 'turned off' after 1/2 way charging). I turned it on - which then seemed to 'refresh' the charging - but then 20 seconds later turned off after that... so does that mean it can't charge more than that?

Also - will it work (at least for a 1/2 charge) if I take it out, or do I have to be concerned that it could just 'shut off' if I am flying it in the air? Thanks!
2022-10-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiguy001 Posted at 10-10 19:16
Yes, it does seem that the issue persists (it was in for about 2-3 hours, and then just 'turned off' after 1/2 way charging). I turned it on - which then seemed to 'refresh' the charging - but then 20 seconds later turned off after that... so does that mean it can't charge more than that?

Also - will it work (at least for a 1/2 charge) if I take it out, or do I have to be concerned that it could just 'shut off' if I am flying it in the air? Thanks!

Thank you for your response. Can you please confirm when did you purchase the said remote controller? If this RC is already over a year old, I'm afraid that you may consider purchasing a new one as this controller seems to be broken. The reason why I'm asking you to purchase a new one is that if you send this RC, the repair price would be close to the price of a brand new Remote controller. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules