888 5 2022-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Stressed Google to find some clues about that, no effort. So I am asking the community here:
Has anyone else encountered a dark spot in the tele lens footage?
- Best seen in medium bright areas, e.g. the sky
- It's always there, even if you remove the stock cover glass from the cameras

Mavic 3 is brand new, first test flights. The Hasselblad quality is very good, but the tele lens has this weird dark spot, the footage is unusable.

Please watch this and tell me if this should better be RMA'd:

And here a picture of the lenses, no damage no dirt:

20221011_143801.jpg

Please help. I cannot think this is a normal 'feature'...
2022-10-11
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

That looks very much like dust on the sensor. Do you also see it on still photos?
Return the drone, you can not fix it yourself.
2022-10-11
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Bad quality, no good. Sent it to DJI Hungary via UPS. That's what DJI told me to do. Hopefully I do not get a repaired one, would like to have the new drone I paid for.

I assume an optical quality control in production. That should have been noticed. Whereby one then asks oneself whether one works in ultra-clean rooms or whether the cameras are not built dust-proof...?
A bit disappointing getting a new drone with such a failure.
2022-10-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SeehawerB. I am sorry to read and to know about this issue that you are having with your DJI Mavic 3 and it is good to know that you were able to contact our DJI Support Team for assistance on this matter. Kindly please rest assured that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for this issue. Thank you.
2022-10-11
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Got another M3 via DHL today. Don't know if it a new or refurbished one, seems new, got all the transport stickers on it. Hopefully this one is alright. Will test it on Sunday for some batteries of flight time.
"Repair" or better: shipping to Hungary, damage assessment, decision to replace and shipping back took only 9 days in total. That's really fast, nothing to complain here about service.
2022-10-20
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Production Date of the replacement according to S/N and sticker is september '22, so I assume it's a brand new one.
Thanks DJI!
2022-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules