First attempt at a real estate video.
1646 35 2022-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 655171 ft
United States

I took this footage at my wife's cousin's lakehouse in conjunction with a family reunion. Edited on Premier Pro, really pleased with the result.

2022-10-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nicely done!
2022-10-11
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

great video - I love the boat house. Wow that is really cool.
2022-10-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely place. Nice job.
2022-10-11
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Not bad - neither the place nor the vid.
2022-10-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nicely done.    Beautiful house and property.
2022-10-12
Use props
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-12 02:12
Very nicely done.    Beautiful house and property.

Thanks very much! This is my wife's cousin's house. She and her husband have done a great job - they like to entertain and it shows. I was happy for the chance to fly it.
2022-10-12
Use props
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
United States

Thanks very much!
2022-10-12
Use props
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
United States

ElleKN Posted at 10-11 06:26
great video - I love the boat house. Wow that is really cool.

Yes, a great place to fly and film. Thanks very much!
2022-10-12
Use props
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
United States

Depp Posted at 10-11 09:26
Not bad - neither the place nor the vid.

I appreciate it!
2022-10-12
Use props
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 10-11 08:07
Lovely place. Nice job.

Thanks so much
2022-10-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2022-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very nice.   
2022-10-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If I was in the market, it would help persuade me to buy
2022-10-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HighlandFoto Posted at 10-12 06:00
Thanks very much! This is my wife's cousin's house. She and her husband have done a great job - they like to entertain and it shows. I was happy for the chance to fly it.

You're very welcome.      Their beautiful house and property really helps show off your great video work.  I've been told that real estate video is quite profitable here in Florida.  I fly only recreationally so I don't have first hand knowledge of what it pays.  
2022-10-12
Use props
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
United States

Thank you!
2022-12-19
Use props
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 10-12 06:23
If I was in the market, it would help persuade me to buy

I've been tickled with the Mavic and have flown it more than the Mini 2 (purchased last fall) or the Phantom 4 (purchased about six years ago). By early next year I'll have flown it more than both of the other drones combined.

The Phantom is a bit bulky in the case, and the MIni and Mavic both fold up nicely. Love the camera and the increased flight time on the Mavic, though. I use the standard controller, and had to upgrade my iPad because the old one couldn't keep up with the processing. I use my smartphone with the Mini 2 but appreciate the larger screen size when flying the Mavic. It's nice that the Mini and the Mavic use the same controller, that helped flatten the learning curve a bit. The Mavic seems more stable than the Mini unless I'm using the prop guards, they catch the wind easier than the drone alone.
2022-12-19
Use props
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-12 14:23
You're very welcome.      Their beautiful house and property really helps show off your great video work.  I've been told that real estate video is quite profitable here in Florida.  I fly only recreationally so I don't have first hand knowledge of what it pays.

I was happy to have the opportunity to grab those shots while we were visiting. My wife and I have shot close to 70 short-term rental properties in the last 14 months for marketing purposes, and I've flown a few houses for real estate listings. I'm hoping to leverage the Mavic and my Part 107 to do more real estate photos and videos next year, so far it's been a good learning experience and chance to make initial contacts with the local real estate community.

My hunch is that if interest rates stay up and the market cools, nice drone shots or videos might become more fashionable to market nice properties. I've also been working with the county schools and Virginia has a drone curriculum. I've prepared presentations to give at three locations next year and fly demo flights to help support the school's technology program and (hopefully) garner more interest in the capabilities and what we can offer.

In this area, the online presence isn't as valuable as personal connections, and it takes time to build them. Slow and steady!
2022-12-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You’re very welcome.
2022-12-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HighlandFoto Posted at 12-19 08:00
I've been tickled with the Mavic and have flown it more than the Mini 2 (purchased last fall) or the Phantom 4 (purchased about six years ago). By early next year I'll have flown it more than both of the other drones combined.

The Phantom is a bit bulky in the case, and the MIni and Mavic both fold up nicely. Love the camera and the increased flight time on the Mavic, though. I use the standard controller, and had to upgrade my iPad because the old one couldn't keep up with the processing. I use my smartphone with the Mini 2 but appreciate the larger screen size when flying the Mavic. It's nice that the Mini and the Mavic use the same controller, that helped flatten the learning curve a bit. The Mavic seems more stable than the Mini unless I'm using the prop guards, they catch the wind easier than the drone alone.

I began with a P4, almost 6 years ago. But the compact nature of the Mavic series (and now the Minis) is very much more convenient.
2022-12-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HighlandFoto Posted at 12-19 08:07
I was happy to have the opportunity to grab those shots while we were visiting. My wife and I have shot close to 70 short-term rental properties in the last 14 months for marketing purposes, and I've flown a few houses for real estate listings. I'm hoping to leverage the Mavic and my Part 107 to do more real estate photos and videos next year, so far it's been a good learning experience and chance to make initial contacts with the local real estate community.

My hunch is that if interest rates stay up and the market cools, nice drone shots or videos might become more fashionable to market nice properties. I've also been working with the county schools and Virginia has a drone curriculum. I've prepared presentations to give at three locations next year and fly demo flights to help support the school's technology program and (hopefully) garner more interest in the capabilities and what we can offer.

I believe you are right about if the interest rates stay up and the market cools drone shots will become quite the asset in the real estate arena.  So far the local market remains hot.

Nice to hear that the county schools in your area have a drone curriculum.   

Happy Holidays!
2022-12-20
Use props
Neico
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

Nice place, so cant really miss. And not saying the vid did miss, it didnt, it's a neat vid.
If I may though, some points that were slight problems for me. Found some repetition unnecessary perhaps, and too long on the same selling point here and there. Time being money, a tighter reign on the editing perhaps. Lighting was a problem, the sad overcast look at the first stage would have been better handled by waiting for direct sunlight. Or punching Contrast in Post with a decent kick to Brightness as well. Saturation may have benefitted too. And the direct sunlight towards the end worked well for the lake and floating structure but a real issue continuing on to land. This approach to the house in deep shadows absolutely could have benefitted from every light in the house being turned on with their hopefully tungsten light colour giving a very welcoming warm approach. And really if the established house lighting wasnt quite up to it then I'd consider bringing some in. If that really worked then yes, a short night / early evening take would have been considered.

2022-12-20
Use props
Neico
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

Another thought - as low to the water as you dare fly and approach the floating structure with house beyond it and hope for a still day with sweet reflections.
2022-12-27
Use props
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2022-12-19 10:57
I began with a P4, almost 6 years ago. But the compact nature of the Mavic series (and now the Minis) is very much more convenient.

I agree completely! It's much more convenient being able to fold the drone.
2023-1-4
Use props
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2022-12-20 05:09
I believe you are right about if the interest rates stay up and the market cools drone shots will become quite the asset in the real estate arena.  So far the local market remains hot.

Nice to hear that the county schools in your area have a drone curriculum.   

Hope your holidays were great as well!
2023-1-4
Use props
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
United States

Neico Posted at 2022-12-20 18:08
Nice place, so cant really miss. And not saying the vid did miss, it didnt, it's a neat vid.
If I may though, some points that were slight problems for me. Found some repetition unnecessary perhaps, and too long on the same selling point here and there. Time being money, a tighter reign on the editing perhaps. Lighting was a problem, the sad overcast look at the first stage would have been better handled by waiting for direct sunlight. Or punching Contrast in Post with a decent kick to Brightness as well. Saturation may have benefitted too. And the direct sunlight towards the end worked well for the lake and floating structure but a real issue continuing on to land. This approach to the house in deep shadows absolutely could have benefitted from every light in the house being turned on with their hopefully tungsten light colour giving a very welcoming warm approach. And really if the established house lighting wasnt quite up to it then I'd consider bringing some in. If that really worked then yes, a short night / early evening take would have been considered.

Thanks for your comments. I agree, the lighting was tricky and the flights were conducted around a family event, starting with overcast but almost no one around, ending with great light but more folks.

The path on the side of the house is a recent addition, and I highlighted it for the owners since their focus is on bringing guests around the house to the outdoor kitchen and seating area without bringing them into the house.

Thanks for your comments, folks looking at this video wouldn't have the background I explained above and it's helpful.
2023-1-4
Use props
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
United States

Neico Posted at 2022-12-27 22:18
Another thought - as low to the water as you dare fly and approach the floating structure with house beyond it and hope for a still day with sweet reflections.

Nice idea, I'll probably hold off until I get some floats to attach to the drone before trying that. I was tickled with the reflections I got of the sun off the water though.
2023-1-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HighlandFoto Posted at 1-4 07:08
I agree completely! It's much more convenient being able to fold the drone.

Absolutely
HNY2023.
2023-1-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HighlandFoto Posted at 1-4 07:08
Hope your holidays were great as well!

I flipped my ATV on the way to put feed out for some deer and ended up with a broken arm and a broken collar bone.  My fault as I misjudged the depth of a pothole filled with water on a trail.  Lesson learned.  Other than that it was a good holiday period.  
2023-1-4
Use props
Neico
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

HighlandFoto Posted at 1-4 07:16
Thanks for your comments. I agree, the lighting was tricky and the flights were conducted around a family event, starting with overcast but almost no one around, ending with great light but more folks.

The path on the side of the house is a recent addition, and I highlighted it for the owners since their focus is on bringing guests around the house to the outdoor kitchen and seating area without bringing them into the house.

Sorry about the extent of my wish list re your video - the constraints you mentioned makes it clear. Things are seldom ideal in any photoshoot. Nice work as I said.

2023-1-5
Use props
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
United States

Neico Posted at 2022-12-27 22:18

Thanks! That's a great idea althought I might be more comfortable fitting floats to the drone first. This is a generally windy area and I remember how unstable my Phantom 4 was when it got close to the surface.
2023-7-15
Use props
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-4 14:36
I flipped my ATV on the way to put feed out for some deer and ended up with a broken arm and a broken collar bone.  My fault as I misjudged the depth of a pothole filled with water on a trail.  Lesson learned.  Other than that it was a good holiday period.

Oh no! Hope you've recovered and your summer is going more smoothly. We bought a house at the end of December and I've been relentlessly working on remodeling.

Just three hours of flight so far this year, some footage here to document property boundaries and the scenery, a demo flight for a local high school, two real estate shoots, and today I took photos and video for a friend.

She just turned 80, and some of her family traveled from Germany to visit Oma and Opa, and I got some group shots of the family on their deck. Her husband helped design sensors on the Cassini spacecraft, and an instrument he worked on is still in operation on the far side of the moon.
2023-7-15
Use props
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
United States

Neico Posted at 1-5 00:51
Sorry about the extent of my wish list re your video - the constraints you mentioned makes it clear. Things are seldom ideal in any photoshoot. Nice work as I said.

Thank you!
2023-7-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HighlandFoto Posted at 7-15 11:00
Oh no! Hope you've recovered and your summer is going more smoothly. We bought a house at the end of December and I've been relentlessly working on remodeling.

Just three hours of flight so far this year, some footage here to document property boundaries and the scenery, a demo flight for a local high school, two real estate shoots, and today I took photos and video for a friend.

Thanks, all recovered with no long term ill effects.

Always seems like there is never enough time in the day or week or month to get everything done so I know what you are talking about if not having a lot of time for drone flying.  

Wow, he has something to be really proud about and the fact that it is still working is a good testament to his knowledge and skills.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
2023-7-15
Use props
HighlandFoto
lvl.3
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-15 14:22
Thanks, all recovered with no long term ill effects.

Always seems like there is never enough time in the day or week or month to get everything done so I know what you are talking about if not having a lot of time for drone flying.  

Thanks, you too!
2023-7-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

You're very welcome and thanks for the well wishes.  

Keep on flying and shooting those videos.
2023-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules