5397 9 2022-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
antlougheed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146542 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there,

I have trawled through the forum in search of a fix of this issue I am having, but I have had no success.

I currently am using my Sony a7sii, with the rs3 and the raveneye. All connected up correctly. (raven eye to bottom port on gimbal, hdmi from raveneye to hdmi on camera and camera control from top port on gimbal to multi port on camera.)

Long story short, I just cant get the active track to work as it is supposed to. The box can be drawn, and follows me around the screen, but no gimbal movements made.

I can force the active track to work temporarily by enabling force mobile, however, the tracking is very slow and can be seen to be fighting the motors.

If i turn force mobile off while the activetrack is still selected, this then causes active track to seem to work correctly until you cancel the active track box and then try to track again.

I am using the track in landscape, all cables connected correctly, booting the gimbal first then the camera then the raven eye. I am on the latest firmware for the rs3.

Really lost here.

Any further questions/any help is welcomed!
2022-10-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. Please check the following details again and keep us updated:
1. If tilt axis does not follow the movement of the grip, update the gimbal and DJI Ronin Image Transmitter firmware to the latest version. Then enable "Tilt Follow" under ActiveTrack Settings.
2. If the pan axis does not follow the movement of the grip, update the gimbal and DJI Ronin Image Transmitter firmware to the latest version.
And if your problem still exists, please send us the following details
1. Gimbal firmware version;
2. DJI Ronin Image Transmitter firmware version;
3. Screenshot of showing Tilt Follow settings;
4. Video showing ActiveTrack operation

2022-10-17
Use props
JDW WVV
lvl.1

United States

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM.  DJI NATALIA ASKS FOR "SCREENSHOT SHOWING TILT FOLLOW SETTINGS". WHERE IS THIS?  IS IT A SCREENSHOT OF THE APP OR THE LCD SCREEN OF THE GIMBAL.  PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU NEED.

And if your problem still exists, please send us the following details
1. Gimbal firmware version;
2. DJI Ronin Image Transmitter firmware version;
3. Screenshot of showing Tilt Follow settings;
WHERE IS THIS LOCATED?
4. Video showing ActiveTrack operation
WILL SEND AFTER I FIND THE TILT FOLLOW SETTINGS
2022-11-12
Use props
JDW WVV
lvl.1

United States

I found a fix.  You go into the app / go to status / scroll to bottom and click restore gimbal set up...this fixed it for me
2022-11-12
Use props
antlougheed
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JDW WVV Posted at 11-12 20:20
I found a fix.  You go into the app / go to status / scroll to bottom and click restore gimbal set up...this fixed it for me

You absolute legend. This worked perfectly. My hair can stop falling out over the stress of trying to make this work now.
2022-11-14
Use props
FrankMan
lvl.1
Germany

Hello, thankfully I found your post. One question: you are speaking of the the RS3, not the RS3 PRO version? I ask this, because some reviewers on youtube stated, I cant use active track on RS3… That confused me a bit.
2022-12-18
Use props
antlougheed
lvl.1
United Kingdom

FrankMan Posted at 12-18 15:22
Hello, thankfully I found your post. One question: you are speaking of the the RS3, not the RS3 PRO version? I ask this, because some reviewers on youtube stated, I cant use active track on RS3… That confused me a bit.

Hey there, you absolutely can.

The above comment helped and fixed mine perfectly!
2022-12-20
Use props
chrisb123
lvl.2
Australia

It fixed it for me
BUT
It returned back to its broken condition quickly
2023-2-5
Use props
fans23d2d637
lvl.1

United States

JDW WVV Posted at 2022-11-12 20:20

JDW you're the man, thank you so much. I was on phone for over an hour with DJI support, that idot was telling me Active Track only works in Unslung mode (gimbal upside down). OMG, I couldn't believe what idiot he was. What was funny is that didn't even work. Then I saw your post and tried it, holy ... it worked. Thank you so much. I was getting ready to box it up and return it, still might if it keeps doing this. It worked great first time I hooked it up and tried it. Then few days later I couldn't get it to work at all on Active Track.
2023-2-9
Use props
fans6392464e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152093 ft
United States

I have also been looking for a solution and I think yours is the "best"  we have until DJI updates.   I want to know what happened?!?!? It used to work fine.
2023-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules