Confusing information in Avata documentation regarding mobile device
2939 5 2022-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
My2Cents
lvl.2

Germany

It was explained to me here in the forum that I wouldn't need to have a mobile device or Internet connection at the ready in order to fly the Avata.

However, the Avata documentation claims:

Page 1

For increased safety, flight is restricted to a height of 98.4 ft (30 m) and a range of 164 ft (50 m) when not connected
or logged into the app during flight.

Moreover, it claims:

Page 58

Connect the goggles to the mobile device

(Yet, the documentation doesn't explain HOW to connect the goggles to the mobile device.)

So, I'm left with these unanswered questions …

• Do I need to connect a mobile device to the Avata in order to fly the Avatar full-range?
  • Do I need to run the DJI Fly app while flying the Avata in order to fly the Avatar full-range?
  • How do I connect a mobile device to the Motion Controller?
  • How do I connect a mobile device to the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2?
  • How do I operate the mobile device DJI Fly app on the mobile device while I'm wearing the goggles at the same time?

Your answers to my questions is very much appreciated.
2022-10-11
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

That means:

... it has to be activated via Fly App (... and so using a Smartphone...) before you can use the Avata's full functionality...

This is "one times".
2022-10-11
Use props
My2Cents
lvl.2

Germany

frankymusik Posted at 10-11 07:32
That means:

... it has to be activated via Fly App (... and so using a Smartphone...) before you can use the Avata's full functionality...

That doesn't seem quite correct. Please refer to my above quote from the manual: "when not connected
or logged into the app during flight
"
2022-10-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the confusion. Kindly please refer to the statement below for your reference.

Do I need to connect a mobile device to the Avata in order to fly the Avatar full-range?

*You need the DJI Fly app when you are going to activate your components also if the app account is not logged in, the DJI Avata drone can only fly (power on&off) five times. Therefore, it is recommended that you need to log into the app account or bound account before the flight. You may also use the DJI Fly app to perform the firmware update. Flying without the app connected is ok, as long as you have the Goggles, RC(MC), and the Aircraft.

Please note, that it is not required to connect your DJI Fly app (mobile device) all the time when flying the DJI Avata as the DJI Goggles 2 will serve as your live feed provider. For more information and for your future reference. Kindly please refer to the video tutorial below. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

2022-10-11
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

My2Cents Posted at 10-11 10:38
That doesn't seem quite correct. Please refer to my above quote from the manual: "when not connected
or logged into the app during flight"

... just do it like this!!!      
2022-10-12
Use props
My2Cents
lvl.2

Germany

Thank you for taking the time and answering my questions!
2022-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules