2841 7 2022-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cabro
New
Flight distance : 25909 ft
Canada

Hi All,

I have a couple questions. I've done a few flights with video captions enabled as I want to input the GPS coordinates in Google maps and i'm wondering about the following.

1) I read about looking at the SRT files if I want to grab GPS coordiates from videos but I don't see any SRT files on my SD card, they do however seem to be embedded in my videos if I turn subtitles on. Is this something new or is there a way to access the individual SRT files. I'm using and iPhone and a Windows PC.

2) When I look at the GPS coordinates in the video subtitles, they show in the following format (-120.4234, 54.0892, 24). When I put those coordinates in Google Maps it says they can't read them. Does anyone know how to convert these coordinates into a format Google Maps can read?

Thanks!
2022-10-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Subtitles are embedded in the videos, and there is no separate SRT file. The video subtitle information includes aperture, shutter, ISO, EV, GPS coordinates, aircraft's current distance from the Home Point, aircraft's current height relative to the takeoff point, horizontal speed, and vertical speed. For the Mavic Mini, subtitles are turned on by default. To turn off the subtitles, tap the settings icon, go to “Camera” and “Advanced Shooting Settings”, and then turn off “Video Subtitles”. For the DJI Mini 2, the user can turn on and turn off the "Video Subtitles" on the camera settings page. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-11
Use props
djiuser_zyklide
lvl.4

Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-10-11 22:05
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Subtitles are embedded in the videos, and there is no separate SRT file. The video subtitle information includes aperture, shutter, ISO, EV, GPS coordinates, aircraft's current distance from the Home Point, aircraft's current height relative to the takeoff point, horizontal speed, and vertical speed. For the Mavic Mini, subtitles are turned on by default. To turn off the subtitles, tap the settings icon, go to “Camera” and “Advanced Shooting Settings”, and then turn off “Video Subtitles”. For the DJI Mini 2, the user can turn on and turn off the "Video Subtitles" on the camera settings page. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi DJI Paladin,

telemetry data recording should be a standard.

See this related post:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=278923

Kind regards.
2023-1-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_zyklide Posted at 1-14 18:23
Hi DJI Paladin,

telemetry data recording should be a standard.

Thank you for your response. It seems that DJI Nathalia already responded to the thread that you posted. Should you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-1-15
Use props
fansf2406672
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13902074 ft
Sweden

You might find it beneficial to get the whole flight GPS telemetry from your DJI flight account either by upload to Airdata UAV repository, then download it in any chosen format, or upload from phone the flight log to phantomhelp tool https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

Then it's easy to add flight etc etc to Google Maps/Earth
2023-1-17
Use props
djiuser_zyklide
lvl.4

Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-15 04:34
Thank you for your response. It seems that DJI Nathalia already responded to the thread that you posted. Should you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

Thank you for your attention.

I received very helpful information from DJI Natalia.

2023-2-6
Use props
djiuser_zyklide
lvl.4

Germany

fansf2406672 Posted at 1-17 19:28
You might find it beneficial to get the whole flight GPS telemetry from your DJI flight account either by upload to Airdata UAV repository, then download it in any chosen format, or upload from phone the flight log to phantomhelp tool https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

Then it's easy to add flight etc etc to Google Maps/Earth

I am not allowed to upload telemetry data to external providers.

2023-2-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_zyklide Posted at 2-6 13:46
Thank you for your attention.

I received very helpful information from DJI Natalia.

You are most welcome. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules