Side control with sensors disabled
746 7 2022-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Disable Sideways Flight is On. In the dark, the sensors turn off. After that, the side flight lock stops working.
2022-10-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the sensors stop working then i can see why sideways flight lock would be disabled
2022-10-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you did experience this issue during the daytime? In addition, kindly please try to recalibrate your vision sensor using the DJI Assistant 2 software consumer version then check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-11
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Kazakhstan

If there is light, then the sensors work and the lateral movement blocking works. If you turn off the light, the sensors turn off and the lateral movement lock also stops working.
2022-10-11
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Kazakhstan

Does not operate at night - "Disable Sideways Flight"
2022-10-11
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Kazakhstan

If you switch to the "Sport" mode, then the sensors will also turn off and the Drone can also fly sideways, with side flight blocking enabled.
Do you need to make a video for this or is the problem already clear?
2022-11-3
Use props
Element115
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5693497 ft
United States

The reason lateral flight is disabled when collision detection is on is because there are no sensors on the sides hence only forward or reverse flight is guaranteed to be safe.  If collision detection is off after dark, there is no reason for lateral flight to be disabled because you are no longer using collision detection.  I understand what you are saying but it's not a "problem" really.
2022-11-4
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Kazakhstan

Element115 Posted at 11-4 14:09
The reason lateral flight is disabled when collision detection is on is because there are no sensors on the sides hence only forward or reverse flight is guaranteed to be safe.  If collision detection is off after dark, there is no reason for lateral flight to be disabled because you are no longer using collision detection.  I understand what you are saying but it's not a "problem" really.

If I turn off side flight, then it should always be turned off.  And it turns out that in difficult conditions, lateral flight is turned on, so that it is even more difficult for the pilot.
2022-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules