Battery lifecycle reached
1538 11 2022-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skunkhauser
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1426913 ft
United States

Hi, I recently began seeing this message pop up on my FPV.  While I'm able to continue flying (and I appear to get this message on all my flight batteries) I am a bit concerned.  I have five different flight batteries and I seem to see this on all of them.

Does this refer to the flight battery, or perhaps the goggle-battery (of which I have 3), or perhaps the remote battery?

And just how concerned should I be that I'm seeing this after less than a year of ownership?

Thank you!
2022-10-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

youre drone battery; how many cycles do you have on them?  how often do you fly?  did you buy them new?
2022-10-11
Use props
Skunkhauser
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 10-11 09:06
youre drone battery; how many cycles do you have on them?  how often do you fly?  did you buy them new?

I'm not sure how many cycles I have on them (tips on how to check?) but I fly pretty much every day.  I purchased them brand-new as part of two separate fly-more kits I bought (also new).

What's the lifecycle?  1000 recharges? 2000?  It's pretty hard to imagine I've flown quite that much... but it's addictive as heck.  ;)
2022-10-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Skunkhauser Posted at 10-11 09:27
I'm not sure how many cycles I have on them (tips on how to check?) but I fly pretty much every day.  I purchased them brand-new as part of two separate fly-more kits I bought (also new).

What's the lifecycle?  1000 recharges? 2000?  It's pretty hard to imagine I've flown quite that much... but it's addictive as heck.  ;)

not sure but this is all new to me as well (since june) and i fly fpv quite a bit but with 6 batteries so i'll have to check.....
2022-10-11
Use props
Skunkhauser
lvl.2
United States

Think I found it:

Goggle menu > Settings > About

Battery Cycle Count:
Battery 2: 169
Battery 5: 102
Battery 1: 150
Battery 3: 152
Battery 4: 93

Interestingly, when I just powered up to check the counts, none of the 5 gave me an error.  I will monitor and watch for it again and see if I can isolate it to a specific one and post the counts if/when I see the message again.

Still, it begs the question:  What's the maximum number?
2022-10-11
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like you have been getting your use out of them!  That's a lot of flights!!!
2022-10-11
Use props
Skunkhauser
lvl.2
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 10-11 10:40
Sounds like you have been getting your use out of them!  That's a lot of flights!!!

Indeed!  Simply the most fun I've had flying (everything from simulators, VR sims, self-built FPV quads, and RC planes).  

And the video quality is astounding, letting me relive the flights later...

Now back to my Part-107 studies...
2022-10-11
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Skunkhauser Posted at 10-11 10:08
Think I found it:

Goggle menu > Settings > About

They say they're rated for 100 times.
I guess their power might drop down quicker when you do hard maneuvers. If you're flying "cinematic" I wouldn't worry too much.
You might try to time # 4 agains # 2 and see if there's much difference.
2022-10-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for this information. The warranty period for the DJI FPV intelligent flight battery cycle is 6 months, and the battery cycle count is less than 100, which is stricter compared with the intelligent flight battery cycle count ( less than 200 ) of other DJI consumer drones. The cumulative cycle count will also affect the battery performance. The DJI FPV drone flies faster and has stronger propulsion performance when compared with other consumer drones. As such, it has stricter requirements for battery output power, resulting in difference from other models in terms of cumulative cycle count within the warranty period as well. Thank you.
2022-10-11
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have 6 batteries and 5 of them are nearing 200 cycles last I checked them. I haven't seen that particular message, though several of them will give a warning, something like "battery voltage low, power is reduced" when they're down to the 30% range. I suspect on those one of the cells is weaker than the others and its voltage is dropping below some limit and the little computer in the batt is detecting the low cell.

For most of their lives, though, I've only taken each batt down to about 40-45%, which is probably why they've lasted that many cycles. LiPo's die a lot quicker if you deplete them way down on every cycle, so I usually try to avoid that.  If I fly them really really hard, I don't let them go below 50%, since draining them hard when they're low really cooks a LiPo good...

They have lost some capacity though, as the flight time isn't as long as it was when they were new and still fresh. But I haven't seen anything that looks like a cycle count limit as a pure number. It may happen once the capacity drops below a certain amount through just normal wear and tear. But mine are still going at about 200 cycles.....
2022-10-12
Use props
Skunkhauser
lvl.2
United States

Quick update and comment:
I flew all 5 yesterday after this post.
Battery 1 gave no message until about half-way through the flight.
Battery 3 gave the lifecycle message immediately.
The other three gave me no messages.

All five flew just fine, including some brief Manual mode loops and rolls.  I always end the flight around 30% and have never taken any of them below 10%.

At $150 per battery, each flight is roughly $1 then?  While I'm quite aware of LIPO usage and storage behaviors, I wasn't expecting such a short return on my investment.
That is quite disappointing.  
2022-10-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Skunkhauser Posted at 10-11 10:49
Indeed!  Simply the most fun I've had flying (everything from simulators, VR sims, self-built FPV quads, and RC planes).  

And the video quality is astounding, letting me relive the flights later...

Don't study too hard.  The test is pretty easy.  Biggest thing I suggest, bring a magnifying glass for the map reading part.  Those maps are small print.
2022-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules