So DJI giving a youtuber a fixed drone and we have to deal with it?
1050 15 2022-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

This info is very confusing what they send this youtuber, that it was a production issue...

2022-10-11
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

I wonder if they just did a firmware update on that one to see if that fixed it and then they will come out with the new firmware?
2022-10-11
Use props
arkchan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1655138 ft
Hong Kong

FPVTrendz Posted at 10-11 11:19
I wonder if they just did a firmware update on that one to see if that fixed it and then they will come out with the new firmware?

I have the same idea at first, but then robhk said he did the firmware update to version v01.01.0200 before flying... so he should be flying the same version as ours...

therefore, probably there are something more being done on his new drone.
it makes me even more worrying ... i hope the problem can be fixed by simple firmware update...
2022-10-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

you can't make out anything definitive from the video; there isn't enough factual details to draw a conclusion.

i just got my avata but havent opened it yet and the date on teh box says 2022/9

order placed:  09/27/2022
2022-10-11
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

FPVTrendz Posted at 10-11 11:19
I wonder if they just did a firmware update on that one to see if that fixed it and then they will come out with the new firmware?

No, if you would have watched you would have seen he needed to update to the 14/9/22 released firmware
2022-10-11
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

The Saint Posted at 10-11 11:51
you can't make out anything definitive from the video; there isn't enough factual details to draw a conclusion.

i just got my avata but havent opened it yet and the date on teh box says 2022/9

Mine is 7/2022, you have a recent batch
2022-10-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you have a problem , you can just exercise your warranty and return your Avata this is exactly what the guy in the video done.
2022-10-11
Use props
celltx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7399311 ft

Israel

If the “fixed” Avata needed a firmware update, then it was manufactured before Sept. 14 when this update was released.
2022-10-11
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

hallmark007 Posted at 10-11 13:15
If you have a problem , you can just exercise your warranty and return your Avata this is exactly what the guy in the video done.

He lost his drone... not returned it. DJI just gave him a new one! he's a youtuber and now they are doing damage control. Without saying themselfs one word...
2022-10-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nees Posted at 10-11 14:08
He lost his drone... not returned it. DJI just gave him a new one! he's a youtuber and now they are doing damage control. Without saying themselfs one word...

They gave him a drone because he said his was faulty. You believe yours is faulty exercise your warranty. I really don’t people who prefer to whine than be proactive. If you believe DJI have a better version then go for it. Your drone won’t get fixed complaining on this or any other forum.
2022-10-11
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

hallmark007 Posted at 10-11 14:36
They gave him a drone because he said his was faulty. You believe yours is faulty exercise your warranty. I really don’t people who prefer to whine than be proactive. If you believe DJI have a better version then go for it. Your drone won’t get fixed complaining on this or any other forum.

Its not about whining, its about transparency, like a company should be if they found a production error and now are sending "fixed" drones... Not everyone will get lucky that they get a new one after a crash. The majority doesn't know about the forum...
2022-10-11
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

My main problem is, Im still waiting for weeks to get the FPV controller, so I dont know if mine has the problem...
2022-10-11
Use props
bp328i
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124590 ft
United States

Nees Posted at 10-11 14:08
He lost his drone... not returned it. DJI just gave him a new one! he's a youtuber and now they are doing damage control. Without saying themselfs one word...

From what I gathered from his previous video is he sent DJI the flight logs and they determined it was not user error and replaced the drone.

If you have an issue where you lose or damage your drone due to no fault of your own send DJI the logs and if was an error caused by a faulty drone I would suspect they would do the same thing.

That would be a warranty replacement.
2022-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. DJI Avata has a built-in propeller guard that may increase flight resistance, especially when flying sideways though it can improve product performance and flight safety. Thus, in a strong wind environment, if the drone turns around at high speeds, or takes a sudden brake when flying sideways at high speeds, the drone may have an abnormal position. We may suggest the said scenario, turning and braking at a slower speed.
If you experienced the case and the drone got damaged because of this, please send the drone back.
Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and send the drone back https://repair.dji.com/repair/index.
Please remember to tick "Apply for data analysis" when filling in the info, data analysis can be processed as long as the drone is within the warranty period and the corresponding offer will be provided based on the analysis result.
2022-10-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

We'll have to wait and see I guess.
2022-10-11
Use props
HumanShield55
lvl.1

United States

Hey DJI Susan, has DJI investigated this issue to determine the root cause?  I hit this several times on a recent flight and was able to catch it and avoid a crash each time, but I had to turn very slowly for the rest of the flight.  See my post over here for more details.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... page%3D1&page=3

This seems like a bug in the flight controller.  I would be happy to provide flight data if it would help you to diagnose the issue.  Thanks!
2022-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules