Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery usage, distance and speed
781 8 2022-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Startup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 129472 ft
United States

Starting with a full battery and flying until it runs out of power, in which mode can I fly my mini 2 a greater distance -- cine, normal or sport?
2022-10-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When you are flying the DJI Mini 2, there are different specifications for each mode when in terms of speed. You may check those settings by accessing this link https://www.dji.com/mini-2/specs and check the by modes (C, S, or N mode). In addition, I will post a screenshot showing the different flight modes and how they work when using them for your reference. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

2022-10-11
Use props
Startup
lvl.2
United States

Thank you but you did not answer my question?
2022-10-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Startup Posted at 10-12 03:51
Thank you but you did not answer my question?

The moderators here rarely answer any questions.

You will get the max distance from a battery if you fly at full speed in Normal Mode.
2022-10-12
Use props
Startup
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 10-12 04:21
The moderators here rarely answer any questions.

You will get the max distance from a battery if you fly at full speed in Normal Mode.

Thanks for the reply!   
Can you tell me the theory behind this?  Like is it like a car is less efficient when being driven fast so the battery uage is less efficient in sport mode? Or have you just found this to be true in actual use?
2022-10-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

It's not a theory. There have been many tests posted on YouTube, Others here have run the tests and found the same thing. The longest flight distance and time aloft are from Normal mode.
2022-10-12
Use props
Startup
lvl.2
Canada

Oh Ok.  That's good to know,  Thanks!
2022-10-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Startup Posted at 10-12 06:40
Thanks for the reply!   
Can you tell me the theory behind this?  Like is it like a car is less efficient when being driven fast so the battery uage is less efficient in sport mode? Or have you just found this to be true in actual use?

Apart from numerous tests that have confirmed what I said, ......

The drone has to tilt to fly forward.
This directs more thrust to forward propulsion and less for holding the drone up.
To fly faster, the drone tilts more and has to spin the motors even faster to make up for the loss of vertical thrust.
When flying fastest, at max tilt, the motors are working very hard to maintain enough vertical thrust and overcome air resistance.
2022-10-12
Use props
Startup
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 10-12 15:02
Apart from numerous tests that have confirmed what I said, ......

The drone has to tilt to fly forward.

OK that makes sense to me.  Thanks for adding this info to your previous reply !
2022-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules