Goggles 2 menu
3619 6 2022-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansecbe53e7
lvl.2

Canada

Hi - The correct way to open the menu is start from the left and swipe to the right.  Today the menu wouldn't open.  After a lot of frustration I accidentally found that if I swiped to the left from the right side it opened ok.  Not sure what could cause this weird behavior.  shortcut menus are opening normally.  Any idea about this?

Thanks,
Fred
2022-10-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. The correct way on opening the Menu on your Goggles 2 is by swiping the touchpad from the left and going to the right. If your Goggles is not doing this way, kindly please download the DJI Assistant 2 consumer version straight to our website and please update/refresh the firmware then check if the issue persists. You may also refer to the tutorial for DJI Avata on the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2022-10-11
Use props
fansecbe53e7
lvl.2

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-11 18:56
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. The correct way on opening the Menu on your Goggles 2 is by swiping the touchpad from the left and going to the right. If your Goggles is not doing this way, kindly please download the DJI Assistant 2 consumer version straight to our website and please update/refresh the firmware then check if the issue persists. You may also refer to the tutorial for DJI Avata on the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFo_KpXHcYE

Hi - I refreshed the firmware as suggested however the behavior remains the same.  I have to swipe from the right side of the pad to the left to open the settings menu.  Now this isn't a big deal but it is definitely odd since it worked correctly until yesterday.  For clarity I am starting the sipe from the side of the pad furthest from my face and then swiping towards my face and the settings menu opens.

Interestingly the goggles appear to be in CE mode as I am only seeing one channel when switching to manual.  I would have expected goggles for Canada to be FCC.  The hack seems pretty easy to make the switch.

Finally where is the O3 air unit?  If you wanted to share details on a new release date complete with pictures I could do a youtube video and post to my facebook group and people would be astonished that I had such an in with DJI!!!

For the record this is my fourth DJI - Phantom 3, Mavic Air, Mavic Mini and now the Avata.  I have 8 other drones but Avata is hands down my absolute favorite.  Great product - keep up the good work.

Thanks,
Fred
2022-10-12
Use props
fansecbe53e7
lvl.2

Canada

fansecbe53e7 Posted at 10-12 04:06
Hi - I refreshed the firmware as suggested however the behavior remains the same.  I have to swipe from the right side of the pad to the left to open the settings menu.  Now this isn't a big deal but it is definitely odd since it worked correctly until yesterday.  For clarity I am starting the sipe from the side of the pad furthest from my face and then swiping towards my face and the settings menu opens.

Interestingly the goggles appear to be in CE mode as I am only seeing one channel when switching to manual.  I would have expected goggles for Canada to be FCC.  The hack seems pretty easy to make the switch.

I noticed one other thing.  I went to format the SD cards and I noticed that when selecting "cancel" or "confirm" buttons the normal slide from cancel to confirm would have been to start at the left and slide to the right.  However I had to slide the opposite of that to get to confirm.  It seems that right and left slides are reversed throughout the menus.
2022-10-12
Use props
fansecbe53e7
lvl.2

Canada

fansecbe53e7 Posted at 10-12 05:54
I noticed one other thing.  I went to format the SD cards and I noticed that when selecting "cancel" or "confirm" buttons the normal slide from cancel to confirm would have been to start at the left and slide to the right.  However I had to slide the opposite of that to get to confirm.  It seems that right and left slides are reversed throughout the menus.

Further research indicates I don't know really if I am in FCC or CE mode.   I only see CH 1 in manual which I thought meant CE mode but that may not be correct.  I've ordered a RF Meter to confirm before I worry too much more about it.

Thanks,
Fred
2022-10-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansecbe53e7 Posted at 10-12 04:06

Interestingly the goggles appear to be in CE mode as I am only seeing one channel when switching to manual.  I would have expected goggles for Canada to be FCC.  The hack seems pretty easy to make the switch.

Thank you for keeping us posted. We really appreciate you looking forward to our future products. With regard to this, we have not yet received any information related to your question. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website, as we will update the latest news on the official website as soon as we received it. Thank you for always choosing DJI.
2022-10-15
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38648 ft
United States

You can change the right to left swipe menu to left to right swipe as an option in the goggle's settings
2022-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules