Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
High Bright Monitor DC Power
2869 9 2022-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
graetzy
lvl.1

Australia

Hi,
Received my Transmission combo today and I'm trying to find a way to provide mains power to the High Bright Monitor for an event. I've got the Expansion plate that provides a DC lemo port. I can get the monitor to turn on by using the included P-Tap to DC cable – but I need that to run the transmitter on my steadicam. I've tried using the USC-C to DC cable with a range of power adapters that should theoritically supply enough voltage (including a more-than-capable Macbook Pro power unit) but the monitor simply won't power on. It seems like the only thing that will work with that cable is plugging it into my RS3 Pro.

Has anyone found a way to keep the receiver powered on using mains power without needing to run it off batteries? Seems like a pretty basic functionality to have with a system like this. Most video villages and broadcast applications would have the receiver in a fixed position – so AC power would be preferable to having to change out batteries continuously.

Cheers,
graetzy
2022-10-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
Sorry for the late reply.
We will check your problem and reply to you asap.
Please don't worry.
2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Update
Sorry for the late reply. Please check the following details:
1. USC-C to DC cable is only suitable for RS3 PRO
2. If the DJI image transmission highlight monitor needs to be powered by itself without installing the battery, after installing the expansion module, you can connect the external power supply through the DC-IN port (6-pin 1B DC 6.8 V to 17.6 V) of the expansion module.
Thank you for your understanding.
2022-10-19
Use props
graetzy
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-19 02:26
Update
Sorry for the late reply. Please check the following details:
1. USC-C to DC cable is only suitable for RS3 PRO

Hi Natalia,
Thanks for the reply. I was aware of the DC IN port on the expansion module (which I have already installed). What I'm unsure about is what kind of power supply would be compatible with this particular input? Does DJI sell an AC adapter/power supply that is compatible or do we need to source something from a 3rd party provider?
Cheers,
Dan
2022-10-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thanks for the soon reply.
We have provided voltage parameters, which can generally be supported in line with this voltage.
You can purchase a third-party power supply.
Thank you.
2022-10-19
Use props
graetzy
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-19 19:01
Thanks for the soon reply.
We have provided voltage parameters, which can generally be supported in line with this voltage.
You can purchase a third-party power supply.

Wouldn't a third party require the pin-out diagrams for the Lemo DC connector as well? Are these available anywhere?
2022-10-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

graetzy Posted at 10-19 19:05
Wouldn't a third party require the pin-out diagrams for the Lemo DC connector as well? Are these available anywhere?

Thanks for your update/
This link may help you more with your problems, please check it:

If there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know.
2022-10-20
Use props
awhiteimx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3241 ft
United States

Can confirm this works - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YC9 ... t_b_product_details
2022-10-27
Use props
jakerockwell
lvl.2
United States

Im having the same issue. Bought the Transmission combo with the monitor and the expansion plate... expecting to be able to easily plug it into an outlet. Would this work (1) 1B 6 pin Female to DTap Power with a (2) a 12V Power Supply with 4 D-Tap Outputs?

2022-12-5
Use props
Fango 1
lvl.3
United States

If you use the Sony battery adapter I'm guessing you could use a Sony dummy battery connected to a power supply.
2022-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules