Does anyone know of 3rd party foam for goggles 2?
4013 30 2022-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A1C
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know of anyone that has released 3rd party foam replacement for the goggles 2?  I hate the way it pinches my nose.  It gets to the point where it constricts my breathing a bit.

I was hoping not to have to cut it and just replace it with something better.

2022-10-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

soon, im sure
2022-10-12
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, I didn't expect anything this soon, but I had a sliver of hope.  I'll see if I can find any small piece of foam that I can tape at the bridge temporarily.
2022-10-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there A1C. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. Since this is a 3rd party accessory for your DJI Goggles 2. I hope that our fellow DJI Co Pilots who have purchased this accessory ( foam ) can give out the best recommendation and information on this matter. Thank you.
2022-10-12
Use props
zooki
New

Canada

https://www.getfpv.com/dji-goggles-2-foam-padding.html
2022-10-14
Use props
Mat8861
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169400 ft
Italy

I was temporarly thinking to use something like this, it is also sold in different size:
foam  

There are also some tube ones or neoprene adhesives (like the ones used on cars).

2022-10-14
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

zooki Posted at 10-14 11:52

Awesome, thanks for the link.  I went ahead and preordered it.
2022-10-14
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mat8861 Posted at 10-14 12:59
I was temporarly thinking to use something like this, it is also sold in different size:
foam  
[view_image]

I ordered the one from the line above provided by zooki.  If that doesn't work, then yeah, something like that will be the next step.
2022-10-14
Use props
eXcelonPrime
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101407 ft
United States

A1C Posted at 10-14 16:26
I ordered the one from the line above provided by zooki.  If that doesn't work, then yeah, something like that will be the next step.

So FYI, that link is for the same stock padding the goggles come with, just in case anyone was thinking (or hoping!) they were different.
2022-10-14
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

eXcelonPrime Posted at 10-14 19:11
So FYI, that link is for the same stock padding the goggles come with, just in case anyone was thinking (or hoping!) they were different.

Damn, I think you're right.  I guess I can use that pair to perform surgery on it without damaging the original.
2022-10-15
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-12 19:20
Hello there A1C. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. Since this is a 3rd party accessory for your DJI Goggles 2. I hope that our fellow DJI Co Pilots who have purchased this accessory ( foam ) can give out the best recommendation and information on this matter. Thank you.

How about send a message to DJI techs to come up with a solution?, I have to use my V2 Goggles because I just cannot fit my nose in the very poor designed Goggles 2....nice piece of equipment that most cannot use, and if do will just hurt.

I myself think that a new foam piece will not resolve the problem, per design, the smaller optics require the users eyes to be very close in order to focus and not have a double vision, introducing a bigger foam piece will just get the users face away from optics, so you fix the nose fitting problem and create another focus problem....
2022-10-15
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

I ordered the one from the line above provided by zooki.  If that doesn't work, then yeah, something like that will be the next step.

you ordered a replacement of what you already got in your goggles, will be good only to modify if you can
2022-10-15
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HDPS Posted at 10-15 14:51
you ordered a replacement of what you already got in your goggles, will be good only to modify if you can

Yeah, I realized that.  When it comes in, I will try and remove small amounts from the nose area and see if I can get it to fit without squeezing my nose and, of course, introducing light leaks.

At this point not sure much else can be done.
2022-10-15
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why is it that DJI create goggles for people that have noses that are razor sharp? The original FPV goggles had the same issue. They need to get a realistic model to copy a reasonable face.
2022-10-15
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

bjr981s Posted at 10-15 22:24
Why is it that DJI create goggles for people that have noses that are razor sharp? The original FPV goggles had the same issue. They need to get a realistic model to copy a reasonable face.

Very well explained....     
2022-10-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

HDPS Posted at 10-15 14:46
How about send a message to DJI techs to come up with a solution?, I have to use my V2 Goggles because I just cannot fit my nose in the very poor designed Goggles 2....nice piece of equipment that most cannot use, and if do will just hurt.

I myself think that a new foam piece will not resolve the problem, per design, the smaller optics require the users eyes to be very close in order to focus and not have a double vision, introducing a bigger foam piece will just get the users face away from optics, so you fix the nose fitting problem and create another focus problem....

Hi there HDPS. Thank you for the reply and for giving out your valued insights on this matter. I will forward this matter to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2022-10-16
Use props
New2Mini2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3895528 ft
Canada

A1C Posted at 10-14 16:24

I'm 99% sure that is the stock replacement, same as you'd get direct from DJI.https://store.dji.com/ca/product ... t-v2&position=0
Same pic.
2022-10-17
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do not think there will ever be a "fix" folks. The design itself will not tolerate your eyes being that far away from the lens... trust me I have tried everything; including using thicker pad, etc.  IT IS VERY POOR DESIGN AND DJI WOULD NEED TO RECALL AND REPLACE with a different design to fix this. Think about it... turn them on and pull your eyes 1/2" away from the lenses. See what I mean?... it starts to blur and cut the outside of the image out. In reality we need a bigger nose hole area to fit our American noses in there. I do not see how that is possible without a re-design / recall. I really wish I could trade the Goggles 2 for a Goggles V2. Not as good an image to look at but no face fit issues.

Here is what I did... still not perfect, but I can fly 3 batteries and take them off without rubbing my nose for 10 minutes.
* I used stick on Eyeglass Nose Pads / rubber gel stuff. It seems like it woud be the same issue, but that gel rubber material is much softer and more tolerable. It still pinches my nostrils shut so "mouth breathing" is still required, but just tolerable enough to squeak by. (results may vary depending on nose bridge location)

mod

mod
2022-10-17
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I also just went to the support and asked....

Trade me!

Trade me!
2022-10-17
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I started a Poll... (like it will make a difference)
2022-10-17
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Double check but I'm fairly certain those are exactly the same as the foam inserts you currently have.  And not necessarily an 'upgrade'.  Might want to call them (or chat) to double check before you waste your money.  I've not yet found anyone selling 'better' inserts (or upgrades) for the DJI Goggles 2 (only replacements that are the same).  
2022-10-17
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 10-17 11:10
Double check but I'm fairly certain those are exactly the same as the foam inserts you currently have.  And not necessarily an 'upgrade'.  Might want to call them (or chat) to double check before you waste your money.  I've not yet found anyone selling 'better' inserts (or upgrades) for the DJI Goggles 2 (only replacements that are the same).

Yeah, extremely likely that they are the same.  I'm going to use those to start modifying and see if can do anything to make them more comfortable.

Thinking I might start with a soldering iron to remove small amounts and see if that helps.  If I can get it not to pinch my nose as much, that will be a win.
2022-10-17
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

A1C Posted at 10-14 16:24

Manufacture is DJI... So better to cancel it
2022-10-17
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

Bob Brown Posted at 10-17 09:28
I do not think there will ever be a "fix" folks. The design itself will not tolerate your eyes being that far away from the lens... trust me I have tried everything; including using thicker pad, etc.  IT IS VERY POOR DESIGN AND DJI WOULD NEED TO RECALL AND REPLACE with a different design to fix this. Think about it... turn them on and pull your eyes 1/2" away from the lenses. See what I mean?... it starts to blur and cut the outside of the image out. In reality we need a bigger nose hole area to fit our American noses in there. I do not see how that is possible without a re-design / recall. I really wish I could trade the Goggles 2 for a Goggles V2. Not as good an image to look at but no face fit issues.

Here is what I did... still not perfect, but I can fly 3 batteries and take them off without rubbing my nose for 10 minutes.

I will probably end up doing some Frankenstein~ed work as well.....of course will be out of warranty after that
2022-10-17
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

HDPS Posted at 10-17 17:19
I will probably end up doing some Frankenstein~ed work as well.....of course will be out of warranty after that

Yes, I think that's the route many will be going.  
2022-10-18
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-16 22:10
Hi there HDPS. Thank you for the reply and for giving out your valued insights on this matter. I will forward this matter to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

Please stop using this guy as your Goggles face model.

Cheers
2022-10-18
Use props
djiuser_go94RvX1sUqw
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Drone Authority in the UK have after market replacement V2 foams https://www.droneauthority.co.uk/products/drone-authority-comfy-foam-for-dji-goggles-v2
2022-12-23
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

slowly but surely.  i would be a bit wary bf i created something for the g2 if there is a g3 inbound.  as of now, the avata is the only drone that works with g2, correct?
2022-12-23
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The two I got from AlliExpress were not much better than the stock one.  My issue is with the pinched nose; none have helped with that so far.  I'll wait for confirmation from the group here when a proper replacement is worth the money before getting another one.

I'll probably mess with the ones I have and see if I can slowly remove some material from the nose area.  Otherwise, waste of money for me so far.
2022-12-23
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1702457 ft
  • >>>
United States

A1C Posted at 12-23 18:31
The two I got from AlliExpress were not much better than the stock one.  My issue is with the pinched nose; none have helped with that so far.  I'll wait for confirmation from the group here when a proper replacement is worth the money before getting another one.

I'll probably mess with the ones I have and see if I can slowly remove some material from the nose area.  Otherwise, waste of money for me so far.

Thanks for sharing so other people don't make the same mistake.   I think the only way to make decent 3rd party foam is to disable the face sensor by putting something over it otherwise your face is too far away for anything with decent padding.
2022-12-24
Use props
djiuser_LzEUWDi9jbDq
lvl.1

United States

zooki Posted at 10-14 11:52

This is just the standard foam that comes with the Goggles 2. We are looking for a replacement for this.
2022-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules