Out of Box NEW Inspire 1 does Not work after Upgrade?
1647 7 2015-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SnapShip
lvl.1
United States

I open the box and get everything ready to fly... once I turn on I get the 3 alerts about firmware upgrades needed to fly.. I go through and do the upgrades as per instructions and video. Then I turn on and the gimbal goes limp with only image showing, the camera just flops around... what the??? so annoyed. I tried taking ona nd off the gimbal and still does not work. I tried uploading the old firmware and nothing... I also checked the ABOUT on the menue and it shows the current FIrmwars...This unti has never left the ground and is 4 hours old.

So annoyed right now.

2015-8-10
Use props
SnapShip
lvl.1
United States

any ideas on how to try and reboot firmware or put older version on?
2015-8-10
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

SnapShip Posted at 2015-8-11 11:20
any ideas on how to try and reboot firmware or put older version on?

same way you put the new version on, download the older version and put the bin file on the card. making sure its the only file on the card.
2015-8-10
Use props
SnapShip
lvl.1
United States

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-8-11 13:13
same way you put the new version on, download the older version and put the bin file on the card.  ...

Thanks, I will give that a try
2015-8-11
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

SnapShip Posted at 2015-8-12 02:52
Thanks, I will give that a try

So, you're sure that all the upgrades were successful?
The hidden log files indicated that?
If you did not, you need to look at the hidden log files that will be on the SD card after your upgrade.
To see them you need that feature enabled on your PC.
If you've erased or formatted the card, do the upgrades again and let the firmware and hardware check function again and generate the files.
That will tell you if something is wrong.
See if "device not detected" appears on any of the version checks.

2015-8-11
Use props
SnapShip
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the input.. I ended up sending back to the dealer I bought from ( Atlanta Hobby) and they were fantastic. The not only jumped right on it to try and fix, they gave me a new unit, updated firmware, test flew it and then sent to me Next day overnight... I would highly recommend them for any RC purchases, they are solid!
2015-8-13
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is awesome that they fixed it. Mine is having similar problems after the update.
2015-8-13
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

I updated the firmware on my new Inspire it is sitting here now a 3k paper weight, one light led is lit solid the moment you turn it on , and the motors will not start. with the message on the app esc error call dji. This has ruined my endeavor into this hobby-business venture. I just ran an ad, applied for my faa exemption, and had some shoots lined up for next week, Now I am dead in the water, I am on a very limited income as I am retired and I invested a lot of money in this project and equipment to help supplement my income. I can not tolerate
this magnitude of problems, nor the loss that I am now experiencing. I will never buy another DJI product. MY Inspire was perfect until it was destroyed by dji upgrade. This is totally insane and more that I can bear both mentally and financially. I spent an enormous amount of time and money on this project, I thought that it was something that I could do to help with my survival, that I would really enjoy. I am not going to be able to recover from this firmware upgrade, It will be winter here in the mountains before I get my Inspire back. If I get it back at all. I dont see anything good in the future, for me and the pursuit of this endeavor. I really have no way to recover my so called business in the use of my Inspire to commercially make any money. My Inspire will be for sale when I get it back.I have to concentrate on taking care of my wife who is not well, as we are getting up there in age. Thanks DJI for destroying my business,
2015-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules