RS3 Pro with DJI Transmission and LIDAR
3601 7 2022-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djimunichzefix
lvl.1

Germany

I just recieved my DJI Transmission Combo amnd 4D Handles and i´m trying to connect it with the RS3 pro and the LIDAR.
But i´m struggling with the connections.

From the 3 USB C Ports on the Ronin
1 is for camera control, so not usable for LIDAR/FOCUS/TRANSMISSION
2 is for Focus -  ok, I connect the Focus Motor here
3 is for Image Transmission so i connect the DJI Transmisson there

so where do i connect the LIDAR ?

I can now manually focus via handwheel and control pan/tilt with Joystick or gesture on the DJI Transmission Montor
but LIDAR is out of the game

Since DJI Transmisson can power from its own battery, i disconnected it from 3. powered it by itself
and plugged in LIDAR into the 3rd USB port.
OK now i have autofocus via LIDAR, but no gimbal and focus control on the DJI Transmission Monitor and Handles
just the Image Transmission foem the monitor.

I assume the DJI Transmisson Sender needs to be connected to the RS3 via Cable to enable the remote pan/tilt control.

Just out of curiosity i tried a USB-C distribution box, if i can connect Lidar and Transmission togehter on port 3.
but this didn´t work at all, non of the devices worked.

So i wonder how i need to connect the devices to have full LIDAR possibilites as well as Gimbal Control via Monitor / Handles
and idally manual override control of LIDAR autofocus as it works on the 4D ?

Actually this was the main selling point since it made the impression you have the same possibilites you have with a 4D
this is also a note to the development department, please bring on the LIDAR waveform view also on the DJI Transmission / RS3 Pro / LIDAR cobination.

2022-10-12
Use props
timboritus
lvl.1

United States

So this took me a long time to figure out because there was ZERO information about this documented. Even the youtubers didn’t mention it.
2022-10-28
Use props
timboritus
lvl.1

United States

So this took me a long time to figure out because there was ZERO information about any of this documented. Even the youtubers didn’t mention a lot of these complications.
-LIDAR currently doesn’t work with the DJI Transmission + RS3 Pro. Disappointing, I know. Best info I got was from PotatoJet on youtube mentioning that compatibility would come with a firmware upgrade in the “future”. That was also one of the reasons I purchased the transmission too.
-Additionally, there’s not supposed to be any physical connection between the DJI Transmitter and the RS3 Pro. The USB port on the Transmitter is only to be used for connecting to a PC for upgrades. If you watch any of the youtube videos showing the RS3 Pro with the Transmission system the usb port is not in use. Somehow it, “just works.” Most of the ones I’ve seen use the LEMO to USB-C cable for powering the transmitter ONLY. You’ve got it connected correctly you’ll just need to chose between using the LIDAR in the 3rd port (bottom) or using the port to power the transmitter.
2022-10-28
Use props
djimunichzefix
lvl.1

Germany

timboritus Posted at 10-28 07:53
So this took me a long time to figure out because there was ZERO information about any of this documented. Even the youtubers didn’t mention a lot of these complications.
-LIDAR currently doesn’t work with the DJI Transmission + RS3 Pro. Disappointing, I know. Best info I got was from PotatoJet on youtube mentioning that compatibility would come with a firmware upgrade in the “future”. That was also one of the reasons I purchased the transmission too.
-Additionally, there’s not supposed to be any physical connection between the DJI Transmitter and the RS3 Pro. The USB port on the Transmitter is only to be used for connecting to a PC for upgrades. If you watch any of the youtube videos showing the RS3 Pro with the Transmission system the usb port is not in use. Somehow it, “just works.” Most of the ones I’ve seen use the LEMO to USB-C cable for powering the transmitter ONLY. You’ve got it connected correctly you’ll just need to chose between using the LIDAR in the 3rd port (bottom) or using the port to power the transmitter.

actually there is a way to get it to work if you connect DJI Tranmission to the last USB Port, and then connect the Focus motor to the middle USB C port and run a USB C Cable from the motor to the Lidar
(dont use the cable with the block in between)
depending on which port you connect the LIdar on the Focus motor, you get either auto focus, or even Active tracking, but you wont see an image on the DJI Screen and with actov tracking the screen seems to behave weirdly.
Itßs kind of experimental, but it shows that it´s able to work.
2022-10-28
Use props
TishDirector
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

timboritus Posted at 10-28 07:53
-LIDAR currently doesn’t work with the DJI Transmission + RS3 Pro. Disappointing, I know. Best info I got was from PotatoJet on youtube mentioning that compatibility would come with a firmware upgrade in the “future”. That was also one of the reasons I purchased the transmission too.
-Additionally, there’s not supposed to be any physical connection between the DJI Transmitter and the RS3 Pro. The USB port on the Transmitter is only to be used for connecting to a PC for upgrades. If you watch any of the youtube videos showing the RS3 Pro with the Transmission system the usb port is not in use. Somehow it, “just works.” Most of the ones I’ve seen use the LEMO to USB-C cable for powering the transmitter ONLY. You’ve got it connected correctly you’ll just need to chose between using the LIDAR in the 3rd port (bottom) or using the port to power the transmitter.

I was literally searching the internet for this answer.. This is insane just received these products thinking I can switch between lidar and manual control .... Thank you so much for sharing.
2022-11-21
Use props
fanse408f7a5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65843 ft
United States

Has there been any answer from DJI on this? I have both the Lidar Pro and DJI transmission and also didn't realize that only one can be used at a time until I had purchased both.
2023-3-24
Use props
fansf927bef2
lvl.1
Slovenia

I'm interested in this too. I wonder if 1 year after the initial release they'd finally update the firmware.
2023-5-1
Use props
fansf927bef2
lvl.1
Slovenia

I hope they update firmware and let this combo work!
2023-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules