Flying From Inside A Car
3241 3 2022-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
salp42
lvl.1
United States

How does flying from inside a car work? Every time I've tried it I pull over, take off, and then a few minutes in I always hit an invisible wall and have to turn back for my drone. Does this happen to anybody else? I'm not in any geozones so I'm not sure what's going on. I really want to be able to drive a decen amount of miles and get a variety of shots, is that possible or is it measuring the distance from the home point and stopping me there?

I can't figure it out

Appreciate any help I can get

Thanks
2022-10-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there salp42. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Please be mindful when flying your DJI drone to avoid metal object which may cause interference and unwanted incidents when flying your DJI Drone. You need to have a clear and unobstructed line of sight between the DJI Remote Controller and the DJI drone and kindly please orient the antennas properly toward the DJI drone. You can shoot through window glass but steel roof and metal the metal structure of the car will block the signal. Thank you and fly safe always.
2022-10-12
Use props
salp42
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-12 20:53
Hello there salp42. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Please be mindful when flying your DJI drone to avoid metal object which may cause interference and unwanted incidents when flying your DJI Drone. You need to have a clear and unobstructed line of sight between the DJI Remote Controller and the DJI drone and kindly please orient the antennas properly toward the DJI drone. You can shoot through window glass but steel roof and metal the metal structure of the car will block the signal. Thank you and fly safe always.

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure if it's that though since I was still able to control the drone. It just gets to a point where it won't let me move forward. So as the car was moving I hit this wall that the drone couldn't pass, but I was able to fly the other way and emergency land before I got completely disconnected.

I've had the invisible wall pop up near airports before but this was at the beach where there aren't any fly zones and I've also seen other drone pilots fly closer to the bridge than I could get.
2022-10-13
Use props
NightFlightAlright
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218002 ft
United States

salp42 Posted at 10-13 07:16
Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure if it's that though since I was still able to control the drone. It just gets to a point where it won't let me move forward. So as the car was moving I hit this wall that the drone couldn't pass, but I was able to fly the other way and emergency land before I got completely disconnected.

I've had the invisible wall pop up near airports before but this was at the beach where there aren't any fly zones and I've also seen other drone pilots fly closer to the bridge than I could get.

Increase the max distance from the home point.
2022-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules