m3P
1117 17 2022-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_prSbAsuL6AjJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29482 ft
Australia

Every time I try to use RC location for Home Point (rather than drone takeoff location) I get the  message: "Mobile Device GPS Signal is Too Weak" or similar.  The location of the RC1 rarely appears on the screen and if it does it is a balck dot.  What is wrong?  RTH (mat or new location) works.  Evert time I ask dji Support a question a get a technical answer which does not fix the problem

2022-10-12
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Here you are "inside" the DJI FPV forum...

Maybe you'll try it at "Mini 3 Pro"...?
2022-10-13
Use props
djiuser_prSbAsuL6AjJ
lvl.2
Australia

frankymusik Posted at 10-13 06:57
Here you are "inside" the DJI FPV forum...

Maybe you'll try it at "Mini 3 Pro"...?

But how?  I did what dji told me, namely:
First, from any product page, hit the "New Thread" button.
Then select the topic type. For example "Mavic".
Next you select the subtopic type. For example "DJI Mini 3 Pro".
Now you simply type your title to the right, then fill in the content of you post.

However there is no Mini 3 Pro "topic type" so I used "Mavic"

They also said:
... you will not receive any notification for the thread.

2022-10-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try flying your DJI Mini 3 Pro to a different location with a good GPS signal to see if still the issue will persists nd kindly please post a screenshot showing the issue for us to be able to see and can give out the best solution for this issue? Thank you.
2022-10-13
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_prSbAsuL6AjJ Posted at 10-13 12:28
But how?  I did what dji told me, namely:
First, from any product page, hit the "New Thread" button.
Then select the topic type. For example "Mavic".

Mini 3 Pro Forum
2022-10-13
Use props
djiuser_prSbAsuL6AjJ
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-13 20:30
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try flying your DJI Mini 3 Pro to a different location with a good GPS signal to see if still the issue will persists nd kindly please post a screenshot showing the issue for us to be able to see and can give out the best solution for this issue? Thank you.

It does it at the places I go.  That is open spaces such as  paddocks, sports fields, two adjacent bowling greens.  I do not know how to take and send a SS from RC1 but will - if the rain stops - go outside and make a note of the precise wording.  The first dialogue box says that GPS will not work if "location is not turned on" and "OK/cancel".  I click "OK" but do not know if that sets it permanently as it happens every time.  Then it says, when I select a new RTH as "Controller" (icon) it says  "The mobile device cannot get gps.  As there is no other mobile device involved I assume that is the RC1.
2022-10-14
Use props
djiuser_prSbAsuL6AjJ
lvl.2
Australia

djiuser_prSbAsuL6AjJ Posted at 10-14 12:10
It does it at the places I go.  That is open spaces such as  paddocks, sports fields, two adjacent bowling greens.  I do not know how to take and send a SS from RC1 but will - if the rain stops - go outside and make a note of the precise wording.  The first dialogue box says that GPS will not work if "location is not turned on" and "OK/cancel".  I click "OK" but do not know if that sets it permanently as it happens every time.  Then it says, when I select a new RTH as "Controller" (icon) it says  "The mobile device cannot get gps.  As there is no other mobile device involved I assume that is the RC1.

Also, there is no sign of the controller on the screen, usually not even a black dot
2022-10-14
Use props
DavidJE
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-13 20:30

I do not know how to take and send screen shots on RC1 but here is precisely what happens.
Pre Take Off All icons white (except obstacle detection) 30 satellites
After take off and hover at 1+ metres.  Obstacle detection goes white but no indication of controller on screen.  Not even a black spot.

Attempt to Change Home Point.
Message: "Enable location services and app permissions for your mobile device to ensure your location can be determined accurately.
I click "O.K." IF I should do something else as well I do not know what i is.
Click "Update Home Point" again and the map screen appears showing current "H", drone position and orientation.  Screen appears with two icons the second being the controller icon.  
Click controller icon.
Message appears:" Mobile device unable to access GPS.  Move to an open area"
I leave the drone hovering a few metres from the house and move into a large lawn area.
Repeat the process and the same failure is repeated step by step including the "Enable location services..."
I repeated this many time in an open area.  The same result each time.  I clicked "land" and it did.
What am I missing?  Is it the "enable location services"?  If so, how do I enable them and keep them enabled?
2022-10-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DavidJE Posted at 10-14 14:16
I do not know how to take and send screen shots on RC1 but here is precisely what happens.
Pre Take Off All icons white (except obstacle detection) 30 satellites
After take off and hover at 1+ metres.  Obstacle detection goes white but no indication of controller on screen.  Not even a black spot.

Hi there DavidJE. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device / mobile phone that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.
2022-10-16
Use props
DavidJE
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-16 22:03
Hi there DavidJE. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device / mobile phone that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.

It now works, no ide why.  It is an RC 1, as I said, so no phone, no mobile device.  To update I need WiFi and it is set to my home.  If I go to a different WiFi how do I set it?
2022-10-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DavidJE Posted at 10-16 22:35
It now works, no ide why.  It is an RC 1, as I said, so no phone, no mobile device.  To update I need WiFi and it is set to my home.  If I go to a different WiFi how do I set it?

Hi there DavidJE. Thank you for the given update and it is great to know that the issue has been rectified. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-10-17
Use props
DavidJE
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-17 21:45
Hi there DavidJE. Thank you for the given update and it is great to know that the issue has been rectified. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

It worked yesterday but not today - same location.  RTH take off point - fine.  RTH - changed by dragging map - fine.  BUT RTH - Controller (RC)  position fails.  Message is "Enable location services and app permissions for your mobile device to ensure your location can be determined accurately"  How ever do I do that?  The only mobile device is the controller itself with integral screen.  The drone can see 32 satellites.  
2022-10-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DavidJE Posted at 10-18 22:13
It worked yesterday but not today - same location.  RTH take off point - fine.  RTH - changed by dragging map - fine.  BUT RTH - Controller (RC)  position fails.  Message is "Enable location services and app permissions for your mobile device to ensure your location can be determined accurately"  How ever do I do that?  The only mobile device is the controller itself with integral screen.  The drone can see 32 satellites.

Hi, there.
Sorry for the late reply.
We noticed you sent us an email about this issue, we have urged the team to check all the details and will reply to you asap. Please don't worry.
And if there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know as well.
2022-10-21
Use props
DavidJE
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-21 06:37
Hi, there.
Sorry for the late reply.
We noticed you sent us an email about this issue, we have urged the team to check all the details and will reply to you asap. Please don't worry.

Thank you.    Some thought dji were hiding from  a design fault!

I have tried all suggestions received  where possible (but some were impossible such as " turn on the GPS switch" which I cannot find, including in "settings".  Also "hotspot to mobile": not only does that defeat the object of the mobile device's integral screen, WiFi turns off on take off!)
2022-10-21
Use props
DavidJE
lvl.2
Australia

O.K.  What need I send?  RC controller and the drone itself?
2022-10-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DavidJE Posted at 10-22 17:20
O.K.  What need I send?  RC controller and the drone itself?

Thanks for the reply.
We checked your email and get the details. And here are our suggestions:
Please confirm whether the location service is enabled on DJI RC, enable DJI RC, click "My > Settings > Messages & Privacy > Mobile GPS Information" on the main page of DJI Fly, and then enable it. If this switch is turned on, and the home point cannot be updated to the remote controller in an environment with good GPS signal, please export the DJI RC log and the drone log, and then restart the case.
It is best to send us the video of the problem, the time of the problem.

If you confirm that there is a problem, you can send (drone and remote control) back to us for inspection, we will test it and keep you updated vie Email, please don't worry.
Here is the relevant link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair

If there is anything else that we can help with, please feel free to let us know.
2022-10-23
Use props
DavidJE
lvl.2
Australia

This is completely different from your last email.  It is packed up and ready to go! How the hell do I send you a video of something I have already explained in detaiL?? Time and time again!.  I think I have made a big mistake and spent a lot of money.  All I want is a drone that does what the adverts say it will!
2022-10-23
Use props
DavidJE
lvl.2
Australia

DavidJE Posted at 10-23 00:30
This is completely different from your last email.  It is packed up and ready to go! How the hell do I send you a video of something I have already explained in detaiL?? Time and time again!.  I think I have made a big mistake and spent a lot of money.  All I want is a drone that does what the adverts say it will!

You say: " click "My > Settings > Messages & Privacy > Mobile GPS Information" on the main page of DJI Fly, "
but there is no such page or sequence!
2022-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules