Audio prompts not happening anymore
3308 10 2015-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scoundrel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6089 ft
United States

My Phantom 3 Advanced used to say to me in a nice soothing voice "The home point has been updated. Please check it on the map." and it used to sound so excited for me when it said "Take-Off!". But alas, the audio fairy seems to have flown the coop. I kind of miss it. I can't find any settings, anywhere, for turning on and off audio prompts.

Any ideas?
2015-8-10
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

you sure your device volume hasnt gone all the way down because of the holder pushing on it???
2015-8-10
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

What device do you have? Are you using the  DJI-Go app or the DJI-Pilot app?
2015-8-10
Use props
Scoundrel
lvl.1
United States

I am using an iPad MINI 2 with the DJI Pilot App. The volume on the iPad was the first thing I check, should have mentioned that.
2015-8-10
Use props
Scoundrel
lvl.1
United States

Update: Just fired up YouTube on the iPad to make sure audio is working. It's fine, loud and clear. Just nothing from the Pilot app.
2015-8-10
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

Scoundrel Posted at 2015-8-11 11:49
Update: Just fired up YouTube on the iPad to make sure audio is working. It's fine, loud and clear.  ...

You can try and delete the app and reinstall it.
2015-8-10
Use props
TAZ
lvl.2

United States

I could be wrong here, as I never narrowed it down, but I've experienced similar.  What I think the case is that even with your volume turned all the way up...your device could be muted (ie Mute switch flipped).  I believe the DJI Pilot App voice is muted, even if the volume is all the way up, if the iPad side switch is in the mute position.  YouTube will play at full volume, even if the mute switch is on.

As an aside, I can't reproduce this in DJI GO.  The voice seems to follow the volume, not the mute switch.
EDIT:  The volume buttons seem to be application specific.  If you are playing a video in YouTube, and use your volume switches, it shows on the screen it adjusts "Volume". If you close the YouTube window and use the volume buttons, it displays and adjusts "Sound Effects", if you switch the switch, it displays it mutes the Ringer (even though there is no Ringer on an iPad).  It could simply be one of the states that the DJI Pilot voice is using is muted.  
2015-8-10
Use props
Scoundrel
lvl.1
United States

Taz, thank you! I never even noticed that tiny little switch next to the volume buttons on the iPad, but I flipped it and the voice prompts are back.
It boggles my brain that YouTube will still play audio with that flipped off.  I guess it's for notifications but not for on-demand audio or something.
2015-8-10
Use props
TAZ
lvl.2

United States

Scoundrel Posted at 2015-8-11 15:15
Taz, thank you! I never even noticed that tiny little switch next to the volume buttons on the iPad, ...

Sweet.  Glad you got it sorted.
2015-8-10
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Scoundrel Posted at 2015-8-11 15:15
Taz, thank you! I never even noticed that tiny little switch next to the volume buttons on the iPad, ...

I'm glad you discovered it was your external device and not the GO app. I'm using an Android device. One of the earlier updates accidentally removed the audio from mine. The following update brought it back. This most recent update, even though I can't yet use the GO app, my audio is still there.

I still wish there was more audio, i.e., verbal readouts of altitude, time remaining, etc. When flying my RC planes, it's really nice hearing that sweet young female (British!) voice telling me how much flying time it thinks I have left. Saves having to keep looking at the display.
2015-8-11
Use props
Ron Blankcheck
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5443 ft
United States

Amazingly years later I have a DJI M3P with an RC controller has built in screen fly app. For a few days I got audio voice prompts and now they totally quit. I connected to a Bluetooth Speaker and the prompts come out of that. Somehow they messed up the connection from processor to audio out port selection.
Thanks for sharing.
2023-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules