13030 34 2022-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnny_Alpine
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80948 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just wondering if anyone know's if the Mavic 3 Enterprise series with RTK is compatible with non-DJI GNSS systems?

i.e. to run in RTK/PPK mode, do you have to run the DJI D-RTK or can you use GNSS from another manufacturer (Trimble, Leica, TERSUS)

Thx,

John
2022-10-13
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

The RTK GNSS for the M3E/T is an add-on module that must be purchased separately. But if the drone has it, one can expect it to function like every other current DJI drone RTK GNSS, in that it will work with the D-RTK 2, NTRIP, and PPK. If you have a 3rd party RTK GNSS that can provide corrections over NTRIP, it should work. As long as you have a source of base stations files, PPK should work as well.
2022-10-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for the late reply.
The Mavic 3 Enterprise series with the RTK function does not support the use of third-party RTK base stations.
Thank you for your understanding.
2022-10-17
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-17 23:03
The Mavic 3 Enterprise series with the RTK function does not support the use of third-party RTK base stations.

@DJI Natalia-

The M3E supports NTRIP ("Custom RTK Network") corrections, does it not?

If so, then any 3rd-party RTK base that can act as an NTRIP caster will work with it.

Can you please clarify? The M3E/T page says "Custom Networks" are supported:

"RTK Module [4]
Achieve centimeter-level accuracy with RTK and support for network RTK, custom network RTK services, and D-RTK 2 Mobile Station."

https://www.dji.com/mavic-3-enterprise
2022-10-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-17 23:03

It's just unthinkable. If DJI dared to do that... already removing the SDK on consumer products is not very brilliant, but then! But as demonstrated by Patiam on the web page of the RTK accessory, it is written that it is able to take a "custom network" as a reference. On M300 and P4, "custom network" means third party NTRIP provider.
2022-10-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

LV_Forestry Posted at 10-18 12:34
It's just unthinkable. If DJI dared to do that... already removing the SDK on consumer products is not very brilliant, but then! But as demonstrated by Patiam on the web page of the RTK accessory, it is written that it is able to take a "custom network" as a reference. On M300 and P4, "custom network" means third party NTRIP provider.

Hi, there.
Sorry for the late reply and inconvenience caused.
We will forward your feedback to the team and see how we can do better.You can also refer to this detail:
1. Custom network RTK: Currently, the network RTK service that supports the ntrip protocol, in theory, third-party network RTK services that meet this protocol can be accessed;
3. D-RTK 2: This type is to set up a D-RTK 2 base station by itself, and does not support the use of a third-party base station.

2022-10-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patiam Posted at 10-18 06:34
@DJI Natalia-

The M3E supports NTRIP ("Custom RTK Network") corrections, does it not?

Thanks for your information.Hope the following details can help with more with your questions:
1. For custom network RTK: Currently, the network RTK service that supports the ntrip protocol, in theory, third-party network RTK services that meet this protocol can be accessed;
3. D-RTK 2: This type is to set up a D-RTK 2 base station by itself, and does not support the use of a third-party base station.
Thank you.

2022-10-18
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-18 18:55
Thanks for your information.Hope the following details can help with more with your questions:
1. For custom network RTK: Currently, the network RTK service that supports the ntrip protocol, in theory, third-party network RTK services that meet this protocol can be accessed;

Thank you for clarifying @DJI Natalia.
  • Good to know that M3E/T supports NTRIP as advertised.
  • What happened to 2?
  • Of course the D-RTK 2 is a proprietary base station that does not interface with any industry-standard GNSS gear. We've known that for years.

2022-10-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patiam Posted at 10-19 06:31
Thank you for clarifying @DJI Natalia.
Good to know that M3E/T supports NTRIP as advertised.

You are welcome, it is nice to help you.
If there is anything else that we can help you with, please just feel free to let us know.
2022-10-19
Use props
EAS
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Is is possible to run PPK missions with the M3E without using real time connection (perhaps when there is no cell service) - without using the D-RTK2 - so could we just use the drone and post process with CORS basestation RINEX data - and can this be done without the RTK module - or can this also be done with the RTK module as I only see an option for NTRIP or D-RTK2 - can we still collect all data needed for post processing without this - otherwise how do you run missions with no service to connect realtime ?
2022-11-10
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

how do you download the image data set?
2022-11-10
Use props
FT Site Eng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1765587 ft
United Kingdom

I use mine with Leica Smartnet NTRIP service, no issues
2022-12-5
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is possible to run PPK missions, but you still need the RTK module.
2022-12-25
Use props
azmediaone
New
United States

Has anyone used the SNIP NTRIP caster service instead of a base station with the ME3 with RTK unit?
2023-1-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

azmediaone Posted at 1-7 07:01
Has anyone used the SNIP NTRIP caster service instead of a base station with the ME3 with RTK unit?

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutor ... s-reference-station
2023-1-7
Use props
Drauzer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1728602 ft
Russia

EAS Posted at 2022-11-10 15:41
Is is possible to run PPK missions with the M3E without using real time connection (perhaps when there is no cell service) - without using the D-RTK2 - so could we just use the drone and post process with CORS basestation RINEX data - and can this be done without the RTK module - or can this also be done with the RTK module as I only see an option for NTRIP or D-RTK2 - can we still collect all data needed for post processing without this - otherwise how do you run missions with no service to connect realtime ?

Without the RTK module, it will not be possible to unambiguously make a decision of the PPC.
With the RTK module, you can make a FPC solution, but not get data for the FPC, you will also need data from your base station or from a GNSS verification service provider.

On the M300, correction options through NTRIP work.
A third-party GNSS receiver was used. The remote control and the Controller were connected to the same WI-FI network without Internet access; The accuracy was not affected. It turned out to connect 5 devices. But with 5 devices, WI-Fi starts to fall off, so I recommend limiting it to 3x.

With M3E, the tests are still in front, as the results will be, I will try to unsubscribe ...
2023-1-8
Use props
krishna.ju38
lvl.3
Flight distance : 283150 ft
Bangladesh

Has anyone used the  Trimble RTX  NTRIP caster service instead of a base station with the ME3 with an RTK unit?
2023-3-2
Use props
FT Site Eng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1765587 ft
United Kingdom

krishna.ju38 Posted at 3-2 04:11
Has anyone used the  Trimble RTX  NTRIP caster service instead of a base station with the ME3 with an RTK unit?

This should work in exactly the same way as connecting to Leica Smartnet.  Shouldn't have any problems, just need the settings for your NTRIP server from the rover
2023-3-2
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

NTRIP is a protocol. If you have a NTRIP caster that conforms to the protocol, it will work, assuming it is putting out an RTCM format that the aircraft can use (ie RTCM3)
2023-3-4
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just used an Emlid Reach RS2 with the M3E for the first time. It took me a bit of time to get everything configured right but once I did it was smooth sailing.

Maybe someone can answer the one question I have. How would you use the base station as an NTRIP server if it is out of WiFi range? I.E. I pull up on a big job site, set up the base and then shoot checkpoints with the Rover as I cross the mile or two wide job. Then I start my flying while there and move my way back towards where the base station is setup, following the drone. I can't be on the same LAN because of distance but I'm well within range of the base and rovers LoRa communication.
2023-3-4
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-4 12:36
I just used an Emlid Reach RS2 with the M3E for the first time. It took me a bit of time to get everything configured right but once I did it was smooth sailing.

Maybe someone can answer the one question I have. How would you use the base station as an NTRIP server if it is out of WiFi range? I.E. I pull up on a big job site, set up the base and then shoot checkpoints with the Rover as I cross the mile or two wide job. Then I start my flying while there and move my way back towards where the base station is setup, following the drone. I can't be on the same LAN because of distance but I'm well within range of the base and rovers LoRa communication.

You can try using SNIP, RTK2Go.. Maybe Emlid has its own NTRIP caster service.  In any case, you will have to go online.  You can also try making a virtual LAN with Hamashi.
2023-3-4
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-4 13:05
You can try using SNIP, RTK2Go.. Maybe Emlid has its own NTRIP caster service.  In any case, you will have to go online.  You can also try making a virtual LAN with Hamashi.

I just setup my base with Emlid NTRIP Caster. I'm surprised how simple it was considering how long it took me to get everything else working. The obvious issue I'm afraid of is not having an internet connection the whole time. If the jobsite doesn't have internet at all this method would require two separate hotspots. The job I'm going to tomorrow will have internet where the base will be setup but once I leave that area it's miles of trails through the woods to where my flight will start. 1700 acres being mapped and cell coverage is doubtful for most of it. I will also have a StarLink dish but it is not very mobile.
2023-3-4
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-4 17:33
I just setup my base with Emlid NTRIP Caster. I'm surprised how simple it was considering how long it took me to get everything else working. The obvious issue I'm afraid of is not having an internet connection the whole time. If the jobsite doesn't have internet at all this method would require two separate hotspots. The job I'm going to tomorrow will have internet where the base will be setup but once I leave that area it's miles of trails through the woods to where my flight will start. 1700 acres being mapped and cell coverage is doubtful for most of it. I will also have a StarLink dish but it is not very mobile.

The simplest would surely be to do PPK.  With the Emlid Studio software it is very practical.
2023-3-4
Use props
Marchetti270
lvl.2

Australia

We use a Trimble R12 with RTK corrections to observe a temp point.  Then configure it to provide NTRIP conrrections over the Wifi network which the ground control station connnects to.  
Watch this youtube video for more information.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPtqUy5ImJo

we get RTK geotagged images during flight without the need to do additional PPK processing later on in the office.

2023-3-28
Use props
djiuser_yDT0GxWmFs6h
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi, hijacking this thread a little; new user here jumping over from a Yuneec drone! With the D-RTK2 base station it seems like I have to manually enter the base station location when I first set it up - but shouldn't it know it's location from the NTRIP network provider? What do you guys use to enter that initial location that is accurate enough? My use-case is agricultural field surveys, so the D-RTK2 is going to plonked in a field!
2023-4-4
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

djiuser_yDT0GxWmFs6h Posted at 4-4 07:32
Hi, hijacking this thread a little; new user here jumping over from a Yuneec drone! With the D-RTK2 base station it seems like I have to manually enter the base station location when I first set it up - but shouldn't it know it's location from the NTRIP network provider? What do you guys use to enter that initial location that is accurate enough? My use-case is agricultural field surveys, so the D-RTK2 is going to plonked in a field!

https://forum.dji.com/thread-286378-1-1.html

https://forum.dji.com/thread-285647-1-1.html
2023-4-4
Use props
DroneCoRVA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3698176 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is anyone using TopNET Live NTRIP with their M3 series? I use it for RTK with our fleet of p4r and ebee x with no issue but with all 4 of our Mavic 3 series I am getting poor z accuracy. approximately 2-3' error. this is across probably 25 different site locations across multiple states. Some even with a TopNET Live base station onsite so it's not a baseline issue. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this error with TopNET Live?
2023-4-28
Use props
VBio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 569577 ft

Indonesia

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-4 21:52
The simplest would surely be to do PPK.  With the Emlid Studio software it is very practical.

Hi Captain LV,
Just to make sure, I have Mavic 3 Msp + RTK Module + DJI RTK Mobile base. Next year, plan to purchase Emlid RS3.
Is it possible if I fly the drone (not use DJI mobile base) and use Emlid RS3 as base. After fly, I post-processed (as PPK)?

Thanks, I hope I get the answer
2023-11-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

VBio Posted at 11-21 19:10
Hi Captain LV,
Just to make sure, I have Mavic 3 Msp + RTK Module + DJI RTK Mobile base. Next year, plan to purchase Emlid RS3.
Is it possible if I fly the drone (not use DJI mobile base) and use Emlid RS3 as base. After fly, I post-processed (as PPK)?

Does the drone save the OBS file when it is not connected to an NTRIP network?
2023-11-21
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

VBio Posted at 11-21 19:10
Hi Captain LV,

Yes that will work perfectly. I haven't used the RS3 or even the RS2+. I have used the RS2 to PPK the M3E with and it's fantastic. Using Emlid Studio to post process with is free and very easy. I'm not sure how the multispectral datasets are handled though. I'm guessing the 4 .tiff files and the 1 .jpg all have GNSS metadata that receive the corrected positioning. Or maybe you just use the output .pos file that Emlid Studio creates for the flight? That part I'm not sure on.
2023-11-22
Use props
VBio
lvl.2

Indonesia

LV_Forestry Posted at 11-21 21:42
Does the drone save the OBS file when it is not connected to an NTRIP network?

Yes, OBS file is there
2023-11-23
Use props
VBio
lvl.2

Indonesia

Johnnokomis Posted at 11-22 14:16
Yes that will work perfectly. I haven't used the RS3 or even the RS2+. I have used the RS2 to PPK the M3E with and it's fantastic. Using Emlid Studio to post process with is free and very easy. I'm not sure how the multispectral datasets are handled though. I'm guessing the 4 .tiff files and the 1 .jpg all have GNSS metadata that receive the corrected positioning. Or maybe you just use the output .pos file that Emlid Studio creates for the flight? That part I'm not sure on.

Hi John, Great, thanks for your information and sharing experience. Yes, msp consist of 4 tiff files and have its metadata.
2023-11-23
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

VBio Posted at 11-23 16:17
Yes, OBS file is there

Then its fine.
I remember during DJI webinar for M3M presentation that they mentioned PPK is not supported. Maybe it was fixed.
2023-11-23
Use props
Drauzer
lvl.2
Russia

EAS Posted at 2022-11-10 15:41
Is is possible to run PPK missions with the M3E without using real time connection (perhaps when there is no cell service) - without using the D-RTK2 - so could we just use the drone and post process with CORS basestation RINEX data - and can this be done without the RTK module - or can this also be done with the RTK module as I only see an option for NTRIP or D-RTK2 - can we still collect all data needed for post processing without this - otherwise how do you run missions with no service to connect realtime ?

When using the RTK Module (DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise RTK Module), you receive data for subsequent calculations in PPK. this function is supported by Mavic 3E, Mavic 3M (Mavic 3T does not write PPK data)
3-24 05:21
Use props
Drauzer
lvl.2
Russia

LV_Forestry Posted at 2023-11-23 21:41
Then its fine.
I remember during DJI webinar for M3M presentation that they mentioned PPK is not supported. Maybe it was fixed.
https://youtu.be/4YGenwy-e-0?si=lOD5A272NhqbKpmn

I flew everything was supported!
3-24 05:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules