Color management in DaVinci 18
1698 2 2022-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JeppeNygaard
New

Spain

Hi everyone,

I've been shooting a ton of 4K 422HQ D-log footage this week, and I've been testing colors in Davinci 18 along the way. If all I do is add a colorSpaceTransform I think the result comes out a little too saturated which makes me wonder if setting up colormanagement correct? What I'm trying to achieve is just to get from D-log to rec709 (gamma2.4)

here is a screengrab of my colorSpaceTransform settings:

colorSpaceTransform

colorSpaceTransform

I'm new to Davinci, so If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful!

Thanks,
Jeppe

2022-10-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jeppe. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. Since this is a 3rd party editing software ( DaVinci 18 ) that you want to use to edit your work. I hope that our fellow DJI Members who have used and are using this editing software can give out the best information with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2022-10-13
Use props
KillerKingSSS
lvl.3
Mexico

The color space transform effect is dependant on the settings on the color management tab on the master project settings... You have to set first the correct output settings there and then apply the transform on the color tab.

Another option is color manage the project to SDR and the correct gamma setting on you monitor and then apply the D-LOG to Rec709 provided by DJI, if you dont like it you can also use the x7 transform lut wich is a little less contrasty and less saturated, and  if you still think is too saturate then decrease the Saturation value to your taste.

At the end color grading is perceptual and subjective.
2022-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules