Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Pocket Mimo App will NOT install on Android
1633 14 2022-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Saxman44
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36060 ft
United States

I spent hours upon hours trying to install the Mimo app to no avail. So frustrating.  I download their AKP package which contains the file, but after trying everything people have suggested on YouTube and such, nothing upon nothing will extract and open the Mimo app.  My phone is running Android 10.
Just want to use the phone's larger screen than the dinky little Osmo screen.

Beyond frustrated.

If anyone can help, please write me at kevin_loomis@comcast.net

Thank you!!
2022-10-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Saxman44. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for may we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please try install the DJI Mimo ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo ) application for us to be able to isolate the said issue. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2022-10-13
Use props
Saxman44
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for the reply.  I have the Osmo Pocket 2.  I talked with a guy from DJI on the help chat and he gave me a link.  Unfortunately, it was for a drone, not the Osmo Pocket 2.  I do also have the Mavic Pro 2 and love it.  So because of that, I purchased the Osmo a couple yeats ago.

Will your above link work for my Osmo?  I haven't tried it yet but will after I hear from you.  After hours of trying to download the Mimo app and install it, I am reluctant to put more time in unless you tell me it will work.

Thanks,

Saxman
2022-10-14
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

I have two threads that talk about the compatible and non-compatible phones and tablets that can or can't be used to activate and/or operate the Pocket 2. The threads also contain tips for troubleshooting possible activation and connection problems. You can see the threads at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 (for phones) and https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518 (for tablets). Could something on either of the threads help you with the issue?

I know your experience is very frustrating, I had the very same problem the first time I got myself the Pocket 2 and that inspired me to start asking people about compatible devices - my thought being that anyone else encountering the same problem could easen their situation by utilizing the list. I hope it helps you, too!

You can also contribute to the list by sending your own test results on the threads, so anyone else having this very same problem could possibly get help with their activation and/or use.

If nothing else helps, you could possibly ask from a friend if they have one of the compatible devices on the lists and could borrow their phone/tablet for activation. Once the Pocket 2 is activated, it can be used as a stand-alone camera.

Best of luck with your troubleshooting!
2022-10-16
Use props
Saxman44
lvl.1
United States

Wow.  Lots of information to go through.  Thank you!

My best,

Kevin
2022-10-17
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Saxman44 Posted at 10-17 11:09
Wow.  Lots of information to go through.  Thank you!

My best,

You're welcome, I hope you can find an appropriate solution for your needs. Let me know how it went with you after you're done.
2022-10-18
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

very frustrating.
2022-10-30
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Are you possibly having similar problems with your camera? Something on the mentioned threads that could help?
2022-10-31
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

HGDC84 Posted at 10-31 09:55
Are you possibly having similar problems with your camera? Something on the mentioned threads that could help?

2022-11-1
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

I assume that means you got the help you needed from there. :-)
2022-11-2
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

HGDC84 Posted at 11-2 12:24
I assume that means you got the help you needed from there. :-)

Indeed mate!
2022-11-2
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Glad to hear that. Happy filming! :-)
2022-11-3
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

HGDC84 Posted at 11-3 06:40
Glad to hear that. Happy filming! :-)

My pleasure!
2022-11-7
Use props
monise
New

Brazil

Same frustration here, I had just got mine yesterday and fully trying all tutorials (not much to do except instal, reinstal, clear cache, again, try older app versions, blabla). My phone is a Samsung A13 with Android 12
2023-1-25
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

monise Posted at 1-25 10:45
Same frustration here, I had just got mine yesterday and fully trying all tutorials (not much to do except instal, reinstal, clear cache, again, try older app versions, blabla). My phone is a Samsung A13 with Android 12

Sorry to hear about your problems.

May I ask how the problems occur? Is it that you can't get the app installed at all? Or is it that it does start but doesn't find your Pocket 2? Or that the app does start and the connection finds the Pocket 2, but your monitoring on the phone does not work properly (black or frozen screen, lag in video etc.)?
2023-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules