DJI Fly App Setup Instructions.
2820 15 2022-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
srdyiop
lvl.3
United States

Is there a webpage with step by step instructions on setting up the DJI Fly App starting at when you first start the app, something that explains in detail what each step is and why?

The problem I am having is the FONT SIZE in the app is SO SMALL I can barley read it, second problem is the screen has a picture of a snow capped mountain making seeing the tiny white fonts nearly inpossible to read.

Is there a way to increase the FONT SIZE and remove the mountain picture to just a black background, I asked a friend to help she refused said it was like trying to read something while staring into a strobe light.

Another thing that does not seem right is when I click on "PROFILE" in the app a window opens saying "Enable location services and app permissions to determine your location" unsure what location has to do with a profile, please explain, is the app defective and pointing me in the wrong direction?  Where is my PROFILE settings and what does each PROFILE setting mean?

Where are the Tutorials and step by step instructions, the manual that came with the drone is worthless, fonts so small its unreadable.

Thanks.

2022-10-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

You might be better off posting in the products section of this forum. That is way more active!
https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2022-10-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

This video might help you out with many of your questions.

2022-10-14
Use props
srdyiop
lvl.3
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-14 02:25
This video might help you out with many of your questions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMh4iQ4Dsac

Watched the first 40 seconds of the video its all blathering and disco music the guy is talking 4x faster than I can comprehend

Where are the WHITE PAGES something in print a PDF maybe all the info I have found on the DJI site is just a distraction leading to more confusion

This is the most confusing website forums I have encountered since the invention of the internet

I have been baffled and confused since removing my Mini 2 from the box

Why isn't anything written in a PROCEDURE FORMAT?

Too the owner of these forums WHY AM I TYPING in a box 6" wide and 2.5" tall that I can not RESIZE when I have a 27" monitor, the only reason I bought 27" monitor is so I CAN SEE what I am typing.

The common theme with DJI I see is ZERO common sense, EVERYTIME I take the DJI mini out of the box to use it its like the FIRST TIME I have been unable to wrap my mind the setup and operating PROCEDURES even enough to type out my own list of procedures.

Here is where I am at now
1. Remove from case
2. Charge everything up
3. Install app on cell phone
4. Cuss at DJI for lack of support and ZERO written instructions shipped with the DRONE

Why is everything I encounter in a PROMOTION FORMAT I already spent $500.00 for the drone every direction I turn its someone trying to PROMOTE something "like click subscribe SMASH the like button" nothing about installing setting up the FLY APP

Is there ANY DJI employees here?
2022-10-15
Use props
srdyiop
lvl.3
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 10-13 22:39
Hi,

You might be better off posting in the products section of this forum. That is way more active!

I followed your link made my way to this page https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... peid&typeid=766

Where are all the post all I see is a LONG LIST of what looks like sales videos?

I am trying to find a location to get customer support for my Mini 2 so I can create a book mark on my computer then just follow my bookmark back to those forums without spending 20 minutes each time I come here to ask questions, clicking 50 times, watching 50 pages of distractions load each time so I can ask a question or to look at questions other Mini 2 owners has asked.
2022-10-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

srdyiop Posted at 10-15 03:56
Watched the first 40 seconds of the video its all blathering and disco music the guy is talking 4x faster than I can comprehend

Where are the WHITE PAGES something in print a PDF maybe all the info I have found on the DJI site is just a distraction leading to more confusion

Sorry that the video didn't help you.  I know of no other more basic instructional video for the DJI Fly App than this one.

As far as having to type in a small box just click on the Advanced button to the right of the box and it will open up full screen for you.

2022-10-15
Use props
srdyiop
lvl.3
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-15 04:23
Sorry that the video didn't help you.  I know of no other more basic instructional video for the DJI Fly App than this one.

As far as having to type in a small box just click on the Advanced button to the right of the box and it will open up full screen for you.

Thanks for the video link I would just like to find a text document and DJI support to help me understand how to fly my drine so I can write and print out my own procedures to follow before each drone flight  until I can wrap my mind around using the drone

Right now I have a $500+ paper weight ans ZERO answers from the manufacture

This entire website is a cpmplete joke, where is the FOR DUMMIES instructions what I enountered so far seems to be advice for experanced drone owners with hundreds if not thousands of flight hours, worthless information to me at this point I have 15 questions just trying to start the insatlled DJI Fly app on my phone for the first time and no known direction to turn.

DJI Forums needs to create a "For DUMMIES and FIRST TIME OWNERS" catagorie then MONITOR that catigorie!

Regretting now not documenting every aspect of my DJI experiance with DJI products and services since opening the box it was delivered in, I assumed DJI was a top notch company after watching about 30 DJI videos on youtube, I can see now they were all paid salesman "click like and smash that suscribe button"

Soon as I seen the instruction manual shipped with the drone should have seald the box and returned but again I assumed someone with the ability to create a drone this capiable has to have a support system second to none WRONG! 100% WRONG!

Thinking of purchasing a Mini 3 and doing a "Unboxing first time use" video then plaster all over social media so they can see the REAL DJI experiance the current youtube hucksters wont even answer basic questions in their channel or explain anything they are too busy scoring their next free drone to review and lie about by glossing over the most important details.

2022-10-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

srdyiop Posted at 10-15 04:13
I followed your link made my way to this page https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=129&filter=typeid&typeid=766

Where are all the post all I see is a LONG LIST of what looks like sales videos?

I was just pointing out to a part of this forum that is more active.
Not to some video.
2022-10-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

srdyiop Posted at 10-15 05:52
Thanks for the video link I would just like to find a text document and DJI support to help me understand how to fly my drine so I can write and print out my own procedures to follow before each drone flight  until I can wrap my mind around using the drone

Right now I have a $500+ paper weight ans ZERO answers from the manufacture

It is a shame that you don't have another DJI drone pilot nearby to walk you through the settings in person.  I did some more searching and can't find a written tutorial anywhere on just the DJI Fly App settings.  I'm assuming you've already reviewed pages 34-37 of the Mini 2 User's Manual about the Fly App.  
2022-10-16
Use props
srdyiop
lvl.3
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-16 03:08
It is a shame that you don't have another DJI drone pilot nearby to walk you through the settings in person.  I did some more searching and can't find a written tutorial anywhere on just the DJI Fly App settings.  I'm assuming you've already reviewed pages 34-37 of the Mini 2 User's Manual about the Fly App.

I have not read the manual the manual shipped with my drone fit in the palm of my hand and had fonts so small I had to use a magnifying glass to read, after about 3 pages into the mini manual I started getting a headache from trying to read with a magnifying glass and threw the manual away, the shipped manual is 100% waste of time money and resources I was shocked to see someone capable producing a drone so stupid about instructions for using the products they ship.

Watching all the videos a second time made me realize the videos were created by clueless paid hucksters just out to make a buck, they ARE NOT INSTRUCTORS JUST PAID SALESMEN AND ACTORS

DJI HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE ENCOUNTERED IN 60 YEARS THAT relies on non employees to supply customer support.

The DJI website is definitely not centered around support or I would have found a manual I can read by now, their website is centered around high quality graphics that distracts from customer service, their forums either prunes users post or the administration is deleting post most my post i intended to use as references ARE GONE

Still cant wrap my mind around the DJI FLY app FONTS SO SMALL CANT READ THEM DISTRACTING BACKGROUND, SNOW COVERED BACKGROUND AND TINY WHITE FONTS ON THE SAME SCREEN CAMOFLAGE THE ABILITY TO READ the fonts on the screen, pure Genius. DJI must employ the dumbest software engineers available and have zero oversite and managment, thank GOD DJI does not build run or manintain necular power plants! We would all be dead by now! Need more proof read the post aboout the DJI owner who updated his FLY APP then flew his drone into a mountain, it CRASH landed in a unretrievable place, poof no more drone! That FLY APP update blunder is equlivent to melting down a necular reactor or jet airplane full of passengers falling out of the sky.

Still seeking step by step DJI FLY APP Installation and operating instructions to guide me, perferabily something written in FOR DUMMIES format and not written for users with 10k drone flight experance.

DJI needs to hand a DJI Mini 2 drone to a average stranger ZERO drone experance and watch them unbox and fly it around, then send them to this website to get answers to any questions they might have, obvously DJI administration is not that smart.

Thanks

2022-10-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

srdyiop Posted at 10-16 05:30
I have not read the manual the manual shipped with my drone fit in the palm of my hand and had fonts so small I had to use a magnifying glass to read, after about 3 pages into the mini manual I started getting a headache from trying to read with a magnifying glass and threw the manual away, the shipped manual is 100% waste of time money and resources I was shocked to see someone capable producing a drone so stupid about instructions for using the products they ship.

Watching all the videos a second time made me realize the videos were created by clueless paid hucksters just out to make a buck, they ARE NOT INSTRUCTORS JUST PAID SALESMEN AND ACTORS

If you are willing you can download a PDF version of the owner's manual in PDF form from this website.  At least on the PDF you can change the font size.
2022-10-16
Use props
srdyiop
lvl.3
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-16 03:08
It is a shame that you don't have another DJI drone pilot nearby to walk you through the settings in person.  I did some more searching and can't find a written tutorial anywhere on just the DJI Fly App settings.  I'm assuming you've already reviewed pages 34-37 of the Mini 2 User's Manual about the Fly App.

I wish there was someone, DJI needs to direct their focus on customer service and commonsensical design then create step by step OPERATING PROCEDURES. I am so regretting not documenting the hundreds of questions the DJi Mini 2 has created since cutting the tape on the box. To give you a idea I have said to myself WTF at least 500x since unboxing.

DJI its not that hard give it a try, commonsense 101, when finished publish here and let users nit pick the procedures so you can update, stop relying on 1-2 people uses your owners and members power. https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&a ... v347-4vb&ia=web
2022-10-16
Use props
srdyiop
lvl.3
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 10-15 11:26
I was just pointing out to a part of this forum that is more active.
Not to some video.

YES and thanks for your reply and the link, I took a second look after scrolling down about 50 videos I came across the post I think you were referring to, i am done with videos they might look good but lack the details to duplicate in the real world.

Again thanks
2022-10-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

srdyiop Posted at 10-16 06:07
YES and thanks for your reply and the link, I took a second look after scrolling down about 50 videos I came across the post I think you were referring to, i am done with videos they might look good but lack the details to duplicate in the real world.

Again thanks

If you have specific questions, I would post them right there
2022-10-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

srdyiop Posted at 10-16 05:59
I wish there was someone, DJI needs to direct their focus on customer service and commonsensical design then create step by step OPERATING PROCEDURES. I am so regretting not documenting the hundreds of questions the DJi Mini 2 has created since cutting the tape on the box. To give you a idea I have said to myself WTF at least 500x since unboxing.

DJI its not that hard give it a try, commonsense 101, when finished publish here and let users nit pick the procedures so you can update, stop relying on 1-2 people uses your owners and members power. https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=operating+procedures&atb=v347-4vb&ia=web

It's been my experience over the years that product manuals coming from Asian manufacturers are not really well written.  So what I'm saying is DJI is not alone in lacking well written user guides.  Sometime you just have to get help where you can get help and make the best of your purchase.  

I really hope that you get everything all sorted out and start getting some good use of your Mini 2.
2022-10-17
Use props
srdyiop
lvl.3
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-17 02:24
It's been my experience over the years that product manuals coming from Asian manufacturers are not really well written.  So what I'm saying is DJI is not alone in lacking well written user guides.  Sometime you just have to get help where you can get help and make the best of your purchase.  

I really hope that you get everything all sorted out and start getting some good use of your Mini 2.

DJI could easily SOLVE the problem by adding a category "Suggestion Box" then having DJI employees read the suggestions every morning and assign someone to address the issues.

For example the font on this website is TOO SMALL to compensate i have to zoom in the whole web page to prevent eye strain zooming in seems to block my view of the controls on this website for example I tried to attach a photo to this repy showing the problem but cant see or read the controls for adding a image because when i zoomed in to increase the font size it blocks the view of the buttons for adding an image to the post

Pretty sure this website is NOT ADAPTIVE pure rookie mistake by the webmaster hint to the webmaster https://www.phpbb.com/

DJI needs to abandon these flawed forums and install something commonsencical like phpBB

phpBB is FREE and opensource 99% of the flaws and anoyances has been remove years ago https://www.phpbb.com/

blocked font.png
2022-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules