DJI Osmo Action 3 Release Notes (10/14/2022)
17348 76 2022-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

---DELETED---
2022-10-16
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

gotstabnoel Posted at 10-16 09:08
I’m seeing and reading a lot of talk regarding focus.  The most recent update improved the sharpness of items butt it looks like focus is still an issue.  This is my first action camera and it seems like my experience now is pretty bad and I’m getting to the point of seeing so many reviews saying focus even after the update is still bad that I need to return this product.  It’s going with the saying “you get what you pay for” and I should have just shelled out for the GP hero 11.

I’m by no means a camera expert, and I feel like I’m part of a population without big experience on film that just bought a product that has all these negative reviews.  
That is not correct "you get what you pay for"
I also have Osmo Action 1 and focus is far far better than the current OA3 shots.
Put 20€ more on price and make the camera doing its main job correctly : to record quality videos as it should be.
2022-10-16
Use props
Zeno22
lvl.2
Switzerland

TNQ Posted at 10-16 12:24
That is not correct "you get what you pay for"
I also have Osmo Action 1 and focus is far far better than the current OA3 shots.
Put 20€ more on price and make the camera doing its main job correctly : to record quality videos as it should be.

"Put 20€ more on price and make the camera doing its main job correctly : to record quality videos as it should"

What about introducing the camera when its finished and is able to hold up to the claims!!!
2022-10-17
Use props
djiuser_HQDkDCyGqZ4C
lvl.1
Canada

This update seems to have killed any use of USB-C to 3.5mm external mic usage. I've tested a myriad of different mice and adapters and nothing worked.
2022-10-17
Use props
djiuser_HQDkDCyGqZ4C
lvl.1
Canada

Kruisr Posted at 10-15 03:57
I think there's a misunderstanding here: You don't need an adapter when using a USB-C microphone.

Following this post:

Any USB-C adapters working prior to this update were killed. I've got at least a dozen combo's (mic and adapters) and nothing works. It does show a connection but no incoming audio. I would also like to recommend to DJI to have the ability to set gain below zero.
2022-10-17
Use props
djiuser_HQDkDCyGqZ4C
lvl.1
Canada

Kruisr Posted at 10-15 03:57
I think there's a misunderstanding here: You don't need an adapter when using a USB-C microphone.

Following this post:

Yes, thank you for saying this. DJI give us the ability to gain below zero!
2022-10-17
Use props
yoichiosuga
lvl.1

Japan

YouTuber  pointed out audio delay or out of sync problem

https://youtu.be/KxXzXdsGbho?t=405
2022-10-18
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

Zeno22 Posted at 10-17 00:25
"Put 20€ more on price and make the camera doing its main job correctly : to record quality videos as it should"

What about introducing the camera when its finished and is able to hold up to the claims!!!

That's exactly right.

My point was if the issue is costs , a little push above and make it better lenses.

I'm still testing my OA3 , will inform when 4k tests are on YT.
2022-10-18
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_HQDkDCyGqZ4C Posted at 10-17 13:35
This update seems to have killed any use of USB-C to 3.5mm external mic usage. I've tested a myriad of different mice and adapters and nothing worked.

I have two different adapters and both are still working, as is inexpensive usb-c mic for android phones.
Using the adapters I have I can only get a TRRS 3.5mm plug to work not TRS.
However adding a further TRS to TRRS adapter makes it work though it gets kind of clumsy with two in line.
2022-10-18
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

Any new firm updates coming soon ?
2022-10-19
Use props
djiuser_FocLoX36zx5X
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19928 ft
United States

stagnant Posted at 10-14 09:41
I really wish DJI would communicate better and tell us what is going on because some people are told by customer service that it is a software problem and others that it is hardware. Mine got alot better after the firmware update, but its still not close to my OA1 in picture quality. The store i bought it from would not accept it back so now im torn between putting it up for sale for 50% of the price or just keeping it in a drawer and hope that some day maybe it will be as good as the OA1.

By not making a statement they only create more confusion and distrust.

They refused my return request on day 16.
25C9494D-A6DE-492F-BAC7-893BD604ED89.png
E8EA1EF8-2EC0-4FBE-A99F-78603085036B.png
07DB6731-BC85-413B-9E85-BF5F131C79B8.png
2022-10-24
Use props
Fr4nk_C45tl3
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I'm so glad that I have sent it back while I could. It seems like  it is going to be pretty unpleasant experience to those who suffer with the focus issue. DJI not admitting the fact it is the lens's issue is appalling too. It is not the first time they made an action camera. Blaming the software is like admitting to being unable to deliver on such basic aspects of the product like firmware after all those years of "experience" and being on the market, making drones and video recording devices.  
2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_FocLoX36zx5X Posted at 10-24 10:42
They refused my return request on day 16.

Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconveinece caused.
Please note that our relevant team will check your problem and reply to you asap.Besides, if there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know.
Thank you.
2022-10-24
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info.
2022-10-25
Use props
SchrockStar
lvl.1
United States

They refused my return request on day 16.

yeah I attempted to call and email with no forward movement. Sadly I am a product reviewer and I hate that this device is way below normal standards. I had to lay out all the issues like focus, sync, audio capture and such in my report. I am not eligible for a return or replacement since "I did not purchase it" and therefore do not fall under the warranty from them. I got the device straight from them and still was not able to get some improvement to it before I had to rip it to shreds for the masses to see. Hope you find some resolution on yours soon though,
2022-10-25
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

SchrockStar Posted at 10-25 14:25
yeah I attempted to call and email with no forward movement. Sadly I am a product reviewer and I hate that this device is way below normal standards. I had to lay out all the issues like focus, sync, audio capture and such in my report. I am not eligible for a return or replacement since "I did not purchase it" and therefore do not fall under the warranty from them. I got the device straight from them and still was not able to get some improvement to it before I had to rip it to shreds for the masses to see. Hope you find some resolution on yours soon though,

All this is, to put it mildly, unacceptable
2022-10-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

yeah I attempted to call and email with no forward movement. Sadly I am a product reviewer and I hate that this device is way below normal standards. I had to lay out all the issues like focus, sync, audio capture and such in my report. I am not eligible for a return or replacement since "I did not purchase it" and therefore do not fall under the warranty from them. I got the device straight from them and still was not able to get some improvement to it before I had to rip it to shreds for the masses to see. Hope you find some resolution on yours soon though,

Sadly I am a product reviewer and I hate that this device is way below normal standards.

Surely its your job to review the good with the bad, reviewers get way more attention giving bad reviews rather than bad ones. So maybe we should congratulate you. You got it for free and it helped with your work so you are not out of pocket in fact you are most likely quids in.
So perhaps now you will point us to your review that you ripped this product to shreds particularly as you say its for the masses. Please post a link.
2022-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

They refused my return request on day 16.

You have a warranty use it if your A3 is not working as it should. Why are you talking to chat when you have a repair problem. Talk to support and arrange a return, you can do it through the app its simple and its quick.
2022-10-26
Use props
AJ CoRe TV
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 10-26 11:30
You have a warranty use it if your A3 is not working as it should. Why are you talking to chat when you have a repair problem. Talk to support and arrange a return, you can do it through the app its simple and its quick.

I did try that first, The return was Denied.
2022-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AJ CoRe TV Posted at 10-27 15:37

They cannot deny your warranty. Read it know what it says . You have a faulty product you paid for it to come with a warranty. You just need to go into your app contact support in the app they will send all details to you.
Can you post this denial surely if they denied your warranty they did it in writing otherwise its not a denial.
2022-10-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I am sorry for your case and the diffifulties you encountered. Please rest assured, I will try my best to help. Could you please tell me where did you get the unit from and who did you contact with?
I would love to know more about your case and see how to help.
2022-10-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AJ CoRe TV Posted at 10-27 15:37

I am sorry for any issue you encountered. Could you please tell me the details about your case such as the issue you encountered with the product, and in which you contacted our support? I am here to help.
2022-10-27
Use props
AJ CoRe TV
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 10-27 22:58
I am sorry for any issue you encountered. Could you please tell me the details about your case such as the issue you encountered with the product, and in which you contacted our support? I am here to help.
Hi, I received communication from DJI Winnie today. She stated due to the brand loyalty from my previous purchases, they will work with me on approving a refund for my un-opened item, as an exemption to the usual 14 day period. I really appreciate this, as any Ao3 should have a 30 day return period until the manufacturing issue has been correctly resolved.
Thank you DJI for proving/providing me a piece of mind & I will await a future revision of this camera for purchase.
2022-10-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AJ CoRe TV Posted at 10-28 08:18
Hi, I received communication from DJI Winnie today. She stated due to the brand loyalty from my previous purchases, they will work with me on approving a refund for my un-opened item, as an exemption to the usual 14 day period. I really appreciate this, as any Ao3 should have a 30 day return period until the manufacturing issue has been correctly resolved.
Thank you DJI for proving/providing me a piece of mind & I will await a future revision of this camera for purchase.

Thank you for your update on this. Apologize again for the inconvenience caused. Hope our Osmo Action 3 will be able to service you again in the future.
2022-10-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Susan Posted at 10-30 01:26
Thank you for your update on this. Apologize again for the inconvenience caused. Hope our Osmo Action 3 will be able to service you again in the future.

Hi Susan, can you tell me why my action 3 logo doesn’t appear below my avatar. Thank you.
2022-10-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

hallmark007 Posted at 10-30 02:42
Hi Susan, can you tell me why my action 3 logo doesn’t appear below my avatar. Thank you.

I'll check it out with the team, please wait, and I am expected to receive an update tomorrow. Thank you for your patience.
2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_LGn42cAxJIh5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28458 ft
United Kingdom

Ok so this is obviously been asked many times before already but I'm going to ask myself, I'm going to say straight off the bat the camera is absolutely phenomenal and the build quality is second to none but, pretty much everybody that has this camera is having the same issue which is things are out of focus, I've seen hundreds of posts about this but I have a different weigh in on it, I may be wrong but I think this issue is down to one of potentially to things, either the glass is too thick on the removable cover or the distance between the physical lens on the camera is either too close or too far away from the actual removable lens cover. But from what I've seen nobody has any footage of the osmo action 3 with an ND filter fitted instead of the standard glass, and I'm wondering if it makes a difference or not to everything being in focus, if it does then that is the issue, and DJI need to supply every customer with new lenses to compensate this major issue at no cost to us.
2022-10-31
Use props
djiuser_nwyTGz4ulSji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80610 ft
United States

Kruisr Posted at 10-15 02:38
With which update the audio quality with external (and DJI recommended) microphone is finally guaranteed?

If you use the cam as an action cam (surprise!) on a helmet and want to record audio comments in the helmet, you only get distorted and completely unusable audio material.

If you are using an ordinary lapel mic, those are way too sensitive. They won't work until DJI allows the mic gain on the OA3 to go in to the negative. Most lapel mics require neg 22db or so to have good sound inside your helmet, that close to your mouth.

I went through a bunch of mics until I found one that would work inside my helmet. I ended up using an extra mic from a Sena helmet communicator, plugged that into a USB-C adapter and it works fine. You can buy the extra mics from Sena or just buy an extra helmet kit from them, or Amazon.
2022-10-31
Use props
Cruise Button
lvl.1

United States

How do I update? Sorry I am a newbie here
2022-11-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Cruise Button Posted at 11-1 04:35
How do I update? Sorry I am a newbie here

Its not a problem. If you have mimo app on your phone just fire it up and your action it should connect auto when opened it will notify FW update just click instructions will tell you how to continue. If you don’t have mimo just download from App Store.
2022-11-1
Use props
djiuser_0fpX5R7weLwU
lvl.2
Cabo Verde

Hi guys, i don't know that is the firmware issue, but today i was formatting my sd card 256GB, and now the card can't readable. I'll try replace the card via warranty. Anyone same issues?
2022-11-6
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

djiuser_0fpX5R7weLwU Posted at 11-6 14:06
Hi guys, i don't know that is the firmware issue, but today i was formatting my sd card 256GB, and now the card can't readable. I'll try replace the card via warranty. Anyone same issues?

Some others have same problem if you read here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=274741
2022-11-7
Use props
djiuser_nnF4XOKspLah
New
United Kingdom

djiuser_mRT3IobkwCrF Posted at 10-14 01:54
I don't think that there is any problem in any of the cameras so far.
I switched from the OA1 to the OA3 and yes the OA1 appears sharper in closer distance - but that is no wonder!

The wider a fixed focal length lens is the more depth-of-field you will get. So, the 3 should have more DoF, or range of perceived focus, than the 1.
2022-11-10
Use props
leian28
New

Philippines

How long does it take to complete firmware update?
2022-11-18
Use props
dlevere
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the update, will install.
2022-11-21
Use props
djiuser_VUzBZFq0cyKF
New
Thailand

Dear DJI Team,
we need a firmware upgrade to regulate down gain.
The lowest setting of 0.0 db does not work with a lot of external audio units. A setting down to -12db would be great.
2022-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules