Ronin RS3 / Panasonic GH5S loses connection
1505 4 2022-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vsmovement
lvl.1
Portugal

Hi!I recently got a Ronin RS3 and a Panasonic GH5s and realized there's an issue with the connection between the gimbal and the camera.
It randomly loses the connection, focus and start/stop recording button stops working on the gimbal. Sometimes, if the camera is recording, it stops recording suddenly.
I have most recent firmware on both camera and gimbal.

Any solution to this issue?

Thank you
2022-10-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will confirm this problem with the relevant team and reply to you asap.
Thank you for your support.
2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Update:
Please check the following details:
1. Can we know if there is a camera icon in the upper left corner of the parameter adjustment screen on your gimbal? If not, it means that the connection between the camera and the gimbal has been disconnected, and it is not ruled out that it is a control line or interface problem.
2. If you have other USB-C TOUSB-C control cables around you, you can try to replace the camera control cables for connection
3. Please try to reset the gimbal parameters
4. Please try to reset the camera parameters
5. Test the control of the camera control software on the PC side, control the camera through the computer, and simulate the process of controlling the camera by the gimbal. If the LUMIX Tether of the Panasonic camera is also abnormal in control, it means that the camera interface is abnormal, and it is recommended to contact the support of the camera brand.
6. If it is available, you can change the camera, and alternately test to confirm the possibility that the camera control line and camera interface are abnormal
7. If you have other RS3 or RS3 PRO, you can cross-test.
8. If there is no other control cable and gimbal for testing, and it is still the same after reset, it is recommended to send the gimbal + control cable back for testing.
2022-10-18
Use props
EvanW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72520 ft
United Kingdom

I was having this same issue with the GH6 on the Ronin -S and now it's still an issue on the RS3. All firmwares updated on both camera and gimbal. Used different cables. Bluetooth won't connect to the GH6 either which is why I bought the RS3
2022-10-20
Use props
Avenue1
lvl.1
United States

I just made a thread about this then I saw your post. I have a GH5 and GH5S and have experienced the exact same problem. It will say disconnected randomly and cut recording just like you described. I'll check the connections and everything is plugged in properly. Not sure if it is a bug or a physical problem, though it sounds like a bug since there are multiple people reporting the same thing. I've tried multiple USB-C cables and the problem still comes up intermitently.
2022-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules