Choppy Footage -wrong SD Card - MANY questions after vacation..
475 3 2022-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maweb_
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43251 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi guys,

I'm back from vacation and now I have a few simple questions which you maybe can answer quickly.

1) Can HorizonSteady Footage be converted to RockSteady Footage afterwards?
2) I have some RockSteady Ultra Wide Footage which is very choppy at the beginning. Sample Video with Timestamp in title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe-4LMyd3cA. I used a Samsung EVO Plus Micro SDXC 64GB (MB-MC64GA Micro SDXC EVO PLUS Class 10 UHS-I U3  --> https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B06XFZV9JY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) in the drone itself. Is this the reason for the choppy footage??
3) Do I always have to connect my phone to the goggles or is it enough to only connect the battery?
4) What is the purpose to connect the phone to the goggles? I got the new FPV Goggles.
5) What is the purpose/benefit to use a sd-card in the drone and at the same time in the goggles too? When I dont want a screen recording of my "User Interface" I dont need to use a SD Card in my goggles or not?
6) and last but not least: What is the easiest way to download footage from the drone to my iphone? I did a very stupid workaround by putting the avata sd card into my mini 3 pro drone to download the footage from there but its so laborious..

thx in advance
2022-10-14
Use props
maweb_
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43251 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Edit for 2: The Footage is choppy and the reason is not my Video player on the computer. I put the sd card in my goggles and watched the footage on it. its also choppy there
2022-10-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Choppy footage is explainable.
There is not much a camera can do about that.
It is up to the operator to control the parameters that affect 'judder' (that is the technical term for this choppiness)
It comes down to the speed of movement and the shutterspeed.
If both are too high, you are likely to get judder.
Also, the wider the lens, the more risk of judder (as there is more subject in the frame that can be victim of judder).

The problem arises when the 'change' between 2 frames is too big AND constant and your brain converts this into 'not smooth'.
You can trick your brain into believing it is smooth by either :
- lower the shutterspeed to double the framerate. (you will most likely need ND filters)
But even then, there is a great risk of judder with faster movement.
So slowing things down will help too. (but that is not what you want with an action type camera most of the time).

Anyhow, go on YT and look for stutter, judder, choppy + drone video's .
There are a ton of videos about it.
2022-10-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I don't have an avata, so I can't help you with the other questions too much.
2022-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules