RS2 and Canon EOS R5C
3808 16 2022-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iceman514
lvl.1
France

Hi! Is there a chance for a future RS2 firmware update to give compatibility with the Canon EOS R5C?
I have the RS2 with a EOS 80D and I plan to buy the R5C: but for now, the only Ronin that is said to support R5C is the RS3 Pro.
2022-10-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the engineers' evaluation, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-14
Use props
iceman514
lvl.1
France

Thank you. Please add to my demand a firmware update for the new Canon EOS R6 Mark II. I'm planning to buy it as well. I'll post a new thread as well
2022-11-3
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

it was very rare to see DJI release new firmware for outdated hardware,
when there is a newer version (RS-3pro) of the device!
2022-11-3
Use props
iceman514
lvl.1
France

I get that... but we never know
2022-11-3
Use props
Harbor Pictures Company
lvl.2
Flight distance : 693035 ft
United States

I'd like to add in a request to get the control working on the RS2 and the R5 C. Specifically  the front dial. While I can trigger record just fine, I'd like to be able to control aperture with the front dial. That doesn't work. I expect it's due to the Canon cinema controls.

Can we keep the requests open for a firmware update for the RS2 to fix the issues?

Thanks!
2022-12-8
Use props
dev_printer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30023 ft
Austria

I also vote for supporting the Canon R5 C on RS2!
2022-12-30
Use props
djiuser_aoLUZY3zueRo
lvl.1

Spain

También tengo un RONIN RS2 y la EOS R5C y no hay manera de que DJI actualice el firmware para que podamos controlar con el dial frontal la ISO o la velocidad de Obturación. Considero que es un aparato caro y, si no podemos hacer uso del 100% de sus funciones, se queda en nada. Me parece genial que DJI saque nuevos modelos cada año, pero no puede dejar de lado a los compradores que estamos desde el primer día apoyando su empresa e invirtiendo en drones y en estabilizadores. Llevo varios meses insistiendo y, de momento, me dicen que están en ello, pero han sacado al mercado el RS3 y ahora el RS3 mini y en lo que respecta al RS2 hemos quedado en el olvido con la actualización de cámaras. Si es algo de CANON, deberían hablarlo con ellos, pues ambos salen beneficiados de esta simbiosis. Si es algo que tiene que ver directamente con el firmware del estabilizador, pues no creo que cueste tanto de actualizar. La 5RC lleva en el mercado casi un año. Por favor, señores de DJI, no se hagan los suecos y dennos una solución a los profesionales para que podamos utilizar sus productos al 100%.
I also have a RONIN RS2 and the EOS R5C and there is no way for DJI to update the firmware so we can control ISO or Shutter speed with the front dial. I consider that it is an expensive device and, if we cannot make use of 100% of its functions, it is nothing. I think it's great that DJI releases new models every year, but you can't ignore the buyers who are supporting your company from day one and investing in drones and stabilizers. I have been insisting for several months and, for now, they tell me that they are working on it, but they have released the RS3 and now the RS3 mini and with regard to the RS2 we have been forgotten with the camera update. If it's something from CANON, you should discuss it with them, as both benefit from this symbiosis. If it's something that has to do directly with the stabilizer's firmware, I don't think it costs that much to update. The 5RC has been on the market for almost a year. Please, DJI gentlemen, don't play the Swedes and give us a solution to the professionals so that we can use your products 100%.
2023-1-16
Use props
Harbor Pictures Company
lvl.2
United States

How about an update from DJI customer Service? I visited the B&H website to check out upgrading to the RS3, but there is a purchaser comment in there that the R5 C is not compatible over USB C beyond start / stop either. If that is indeed the case, even updating to the current RS 3 won't help us.

Update please...
2023-1-19
Use props
Harbor Pictures Company
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-10-14 22:43
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the engineers' evaluation, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Any further updates here?
2023-1-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for your response. We haven't received any updates on this suggestion and it shows that the DJI RS 3 Pro is the only gimbal that can support the Canon EOS R5C. I will follow up on this suggestion of yours. For the latest news and updates, please stay tuned to our website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-27
Use props
Harbor Pictures Company
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-27 01:29
Thank you for your response. We haven't received any updates on this suggestion and it shows that the DJI RS 3 Pro is the only gimbal that can support the Canon EOS R5C. I will follow up on this suggestion of yours. For the latest news and updates, please stay tuned to our website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Appreciate the response. Hoping we can get a note from the engineers that this will be addressed in an update.

Considering the user comment on the B&H website said they were not able to use the front dial to control aperture, that’s a bit troubling. Hopefully another user will be able to confirm it is compatible.

Keep on them!
2023-1-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Harbor Pictures Company Posted at 1-27 15:54
Appreciate the response. Hoping we can get a note from the engineers that this will be addressed in an update.

Considering the user comment on the B&H website said they were not able to use the front dial to control aperture, that’s a bit troubling. Hopefully another user will be able to confirm it is compatible.

We will surely keep you posted once we have an update about this. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-29
Use props
MarioK
New

Austria

Would love to see an update for RS2 and Canon R5C, too!!!!!
2023-2-28
Use props
Robert Dieball
New
Flight distance : 17467 ft
Germany

I vote for this update too. We really need this!
2023-4-3
Use props
djiuser_iQa3uY5YMUvj
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Any update on this ? Just purchased an R5C and just realised I now can't have any control with my RS2 shooting video
2023-5-7
Use props
fans364ecd06
lvl.1
Flight distance : 295919 ft
United States

Harbor Pictures Company Posted at 1-19 12:18
How about an update from DJI customer Service? I visited the B&H website to check out upgrading to the RS3, but there is a purchaser comment in there that the R5 C is not compatible over USB C beyond start / stop either. If that is indeed the case, even updating to the current RS 3 won't help us.

Update please...

I was hoping to find a different answer.
2023-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules