Looking for Owner of Air2S
871 10 2022-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeeperwilly
New

United States

Hi everyone,

I recently found an Air 2s while hiking. I tried charging it to see if I could pull any information, but the battery is dead. I do have a serial #, but i'm not sure who to contact to help find the owner.

Thanks,

2022-10-14
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

You can contact straight to DJI support or send a message to twitter and they will answer what to do
2022-10-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for posting this but I suspect a lot of air 2s es have been lost, it might be a good idea to say where about in the USA you found it. Also look at the videos on the memory card, if  a few appear 'domestic' there is a chance that some have been shot around the pilots home and could identify their home area.
2022-10-14
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow that's kind of you to find the owner! As mentioned earlier, where or what trail did you find it? Maybe if you have a friend with A2S, borrow the battery to see if there's any video stored in the internal storage if you didn't see an external card. Also maybe post a pic of the drone to if it was customized. Otherwise yea if its stock, no need for pic.
2022-10-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can email the serial number to DJI Support at Support@dji.com  

Support will cross reference the serial number to the member that activated it and should be able to get in touch with the owner via email.  I applaud you for attempting to get the Air 2S back to the owner.  

As a matter of habit I have a txt file on my drone's SD card with my contact info on.  Would be nice if the owner had done that.  
2022-10-14
Use props
jeeperwilly
New

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 10-14 07:09
Thanks for posting this but I suspect a lot of air 2s es have been lost, it might be a good idea to say where about in the USA you found it. Also look at the videos on the memory card, if  a few appear 'domestic' there is a chance that some have been shot around the pilots home and could identify their home area.

That was exactly my thought. I popped the memory card in and a whopping two pictures....of the ground. Upside is the ground photos were consistent with terrain in the area, looks like it was a pretty short flight unfortunately. The drone was found in Northern MN. I'll contact customer service to see they can help out.
2022-10-14
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1651168 ft
United States

If in the US, did the drone have an FAA registration #?
2022-10-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jeeperwilly Posted at 10-14 12:32
That was exactly my thought. I popped the memory card in and a whopping two pictures....of the ground. Upside is the ground photos were consistent with terrain in the area, looks like it was a pretty short flight unfortunately. The drone was found in Northern MN. I'll contact customer service to see they can help out.

What are the date and time stamps in the EXIF data of the photos?
2022-10-14
Use props
jeeperwilly
New

United States

Akirasho Posted at 10-14 12:36
If in the US, did the drone have an FAA registration #?

Unfortunately, no FAA #s or information on the drone. When I found it, that was the first thing I looked for.

I contacted customer service and they sent out an email to the registered owner. They now have my email so hopefully I'll hear something back soon and we can get this thing back
2022-10-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. We totally appreciate your honesty with regard to this inquiry. With regards to this, we don't have any information about the owner of the said serial number and the best thing that you can do for now is to report this to your local authorities for them to help you out finding the right owner of the said device. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead!
2022-10-14
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1651168 ft
United States

jeeperwilly Posted at 10-14 13:05
Unfortunately, no FAA #s or information on the drone. When I found it, that was the first thing I looked for.

I contacted customer service and they sent out an email to the registered owner. They now have my email so hopefully I'll hear something back soon and we can get this thing back

Good effort!!
2022-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules