DJI Fly 1.7.5 keeps stopping as soon as initiated.
1197 8 2022-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronnie S
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115892 ft
United Kingdom

I removed my djy fly app from my phone and re-installed.
I downloaded 1.7.5 from dji.com and installed the app but it stops each time I run it.
(I have re-downloaded and also restarted the phone - same problem)

Android version 10  build QPOS30.52-29-7-6

Moto g7 power

First time I try to run DJI Fly the screen goes blank for a few seconds and then we are back to the android app icons again.
Subsequent time we get 'DJI FLY keeps stopping' and no other option but 'close app' or see app info where you can see the version number.
Sometimes  the DJI initial screen pops up for a second or two before the app stops.

DJI Fly worked before and the the OS has not been updated since.

Downloads and runs ok on my tablet Samsumg Galaxy Tap A7 with Andoid V12

Fails even to install on moto g5s / android 8.1.0

Aany suggestions?

Maybe an earlier version of DJI Fly will work?

Thanks for any help...

2022-10-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. It seems that you are using a not recommended mobile device and this might be the main caused of the issue. We strongly recommend using a compatible device to avoid any issues as we cannot guarantee the stability of the app when in use with a not-compatible device. Kindly please refer to the link below for the list of compatible mobile devices. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-10-14
Use props
Dronnie S
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-14 19:45
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. It seems that you are using a not recommended mobile device and this might be the main caused of the issue. We strongly recommend using a compatible device to avoid any issues as we cannot guarantee the stability of the app when in use with a not-compatible device. Kindly please refer to the link below for the list of compatible mobile devices. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you very much for your quick response. I installed 1.4.8(1185) and it runs and flies the mini2 inside the building. We'll see about more functionality outside tomorrow.
I note that i'm not the only mini2 flyer with this problem on a moto g7 power. I just wonder where dji 1.7.5 software may be going outside the Android V10 interface spec to cause it to crash the app and why there is no (or inadequate) dji internal app crash detection and reporting so that you can fix more easily. Do you really think it is acceptable to your customers to go buy another phone when you introduce this sort of problem and have evidently no intention of investigating and correcting it? I hope you find those suggestions useful, the mini 2 is such an amazing feat of engineering even if the app doess not quite match the Litchi functionality. That's another helpful suggestion.
2022-10-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Dronnie S Posted at 10-15 11:48
Thank you very much for your quick response. I installed 1.4.8(1185) and it runs and flies the mini2 inside the building. We'll see about more functionality outside tomorrow.
I note that i'm not the only mini2 flyer with this problem on a moto g7 power. I just wonder where dji 1.7.5 software may be going outside the Android V10 interface spec to cause it to crash the app and why there is no (or inadequate) dji internal app crash detection and reporting so that you can fix more easily. Do you really think it is acceptable to your customers to go buy another phone when you introduce this sort of problem and have evidently no intention of investigating and correcting it? I hope you find those suggestions useful, the mini 2 is such an amazing feat of engineering even if the app doess not quite match the Litchi functionality. That's another helpful suggestion.

Thank you for keeping us posted and we're deeply sorry for this trouble. We will coordinate this to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-17
Use props
Dronnie S
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-17 04:48
Thank you for keeping us posted and we're deeply sorry for this trouble. We will coordinate this to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I have just spent over £400 on a Google Pixel 6 as this is on the DJI list of supported phones and I don't want any doubt about whether a particular prolem is cased by incompatibility or not.
This new phone is just for use with my dji mini3 pro, it's additional to my Motorola as I must of course have a reliable system. On top of the new DJI mini 3 this expenditure is on top of the original mini 2 and the cost of fixing it's broken on/off switch.

I now find that the app will not run on this brand new phone. This is version 1.8.0 as downloaded 5 november. The message is 'you can't install the app on your device'.

DJI help urgently required, thank you

Ron
2022-11-5
Use props
Dronnie S
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2022-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Dronnie S Posted at 11-5 13:05
I have just spent over £400 on a Google Pixel 6 as this is on the DJI list of supported phones and I don't want any doubt about whether a particular prolem is cased by incompatibility or not.
This new phone is just for use with my dji mini3 pro, it's additional to my Motorola as I must of course have a reliable system. On top of the new DJI mini 3 this expenditure is on top of the original mini 2 and the cost of fixing it's broken on/off switch.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to follow the troubleshooting steps below and check if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Open the File Manager on mobile device... >Downloads.  Click on the APK file.  Follow the prompts and directions for the DJI APK to install.

Enable the permission of "Install unknown apps"-"Allow from this source" on mobile device settings.

Download a file manager app (if you don't already have one on your device) to install the apk file on the file manager.
2022-11-7
Use props
Dronnie S
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-7 03:17
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to follow the troubleshooting steps below and check if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Open the File Manager on mobile device... >Downloads.  Click on the APK file.  Follow the prompts and directions for the DJI APK to install.

Thank you very much, someone else helpfully came up with this and I am up and running.
In fact the problem is a bit deeper. It was necessary to re-download the APK, which I did just blindly to eliminate possible errors. I note that the icons shown in file manager for the two downloaded APK files are different One is android man, other DJI) and the size differs by 1mb but names are exactly the same. Android 13 gives an explicit helpful message when attempting to install via File Manager from an unknow source (file with DJI icon) so that would have been no problem for me had it done so but with the original  (file with Android icon) the message was as stated 'you can't install the app on your device'. which caused me to ask for help. Thanks again. Ron
2022-11-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Dronnie S Posted at 11-7 12:55
Thank you very much, someone else helpfully came up with this and I am up and running.
In fact the problem is a bit deeper. It was necessary to re-download the APK, which I did just blindly to eliminate possible errors. I note that the icons shown in file manager for the two downloaded APK files are different One is android man, other DJI) and the size differs by 1mb but names are exactly the same. Android 13 gives an explicit helpful message when attempting to install via File Manager from an unknow source (file with DJI icon) so that would have been no problem for me had it done so but with the original  (file with Android icon) the message was as stated 'you can't install the app on your device'. which caused me to ask for help. Thanks again. Ron

Thank you for your response and again we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please download the app using the link below and install it again to see if this works? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2022-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules