Dewarp stretches the video on left and right edges. Is there a fix?
1468 11 2022-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrdictator
lvl.2
United States

So basically if there's a person on either the left or right side of the frame in standard dewarp, they end up looking very stretched. I generally use Rocksteady 2.0, but I've experimented with the other stabilization modes, and the problem seems to persist regardless of stabilization mode. Is there a fix to this?
2022-10-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can you share an example?
2022-10-14
Use props
mrdictator
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 10-14 10:18
Can you share an example?

You can see it from 5:31-5:40
2022-10-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

mrdictator Posted at 10-14 10:23
https://youtu.be/liClLR7MDj8

You can see it from 5:31-5:40

I don't see anything strange, other than what you would expect from a wider lens. But maybe I'm missing something.
2022-10-14
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

You can try the Steady instead of Rocksteady mode. It crops more, so you get less of the distorted part of the image. The downside is that you lose image detail due to reading from a smaller area of the sensor.
2022-10-14
Use props
mrdictator
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 10-14 10:52
I don't see anything strange, other than what you would expect from a wider lens. But maybe I'm missing something.

When I use the camera in "wide" mode, the sides don't stretch like that. They look perfectly normal. However, then there's a slight fish eye look in wide, which the standard dewarp mode eliminates.
2022-10-15
Use props
mrdictator
lvl.2
United States

fish sticks Posted at 10-14 12:48
You can try the Steady instead of Rocksteady mode. It crops more, so you get less of the distorted part of the image. The downside is that you lose image detail due to reading from a smaller area of the sensor.

Tried it, but unfortunately it still does the same thing :/
2022-10-15
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

It cannot be helped with such a wide lens. It is either the fisheye or the strech. Action 2 already has a lot of different fov to choose from. cannot say the same  for Action 3 unfortunately.
To have all the frame clear and nice, a narrower fov (another canera) may be necessary...
2022-10-15
Use props
mrdictator
lvl.2
United States

Yaman-Python Posted at 10-15 21:14
It cannot be helped with such a wide lens. It is either the fisheye or the strech. Action 2 already has a lot of different fov to choose from. cannot say the same  for Action 3 unfortunately.
To have all the frame clear and nice, a narrower fov (another canera) may be necessary...

Ah I see...thanks for the info! Guess I'll just make due with the fisheye!
2022-10-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please send us a short video only showing the exact issue that you are referring to on the post so we can forward it to our designated team for further clarification? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

mrdictator Posted at 10-15 20:53
When I use the camera in "wide" mode, the sides don't stretch like that. They look perfectly normal. However, then there's a slight fish eye look in wide, which the standard dewarp mode eliminates.

Not sure what the stretch does, but does it make the lens less wide?
2022-10-16
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

On the A2, the Standard(dewarp) FOV is a slight crop compared to Wide, and therefore less wide.

The stretching itself is compensating/correcting for the "fisheye effect", which makes straight lines appear curved. The further away from the center of the image, the more the lines are curved, which requires more "stretching" to get them straight again.
2022-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules