Can't find action 3 in the newest Mimo app
3401 11 2022-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mcburn
lvl.1
Germany

I bought me last week action 3 and updated dji Mimo but i can't find the camera at all. I tried everything.

Disconnect from wifi, manually add camera as network but nothing works. Restarted everything, deleted Mimo installed new, reset the camera and so on.

Every God damn time it's s pain the the ass to add a device to this utter ...ty app. Your hardware is great but the app is just the worst.

Now i can't even start the camera anymore because it wasn't too registered... If i don't get a solution for this in the next 12 hours I'll return the camera back... And somebody else will not be able to use it... Man so frustrating
2022-10-14
Use props
mcburn
lvl.1
Germany

I'm using a pixel 6 pro, tried it with the pixel 6 pro of my wife also doesn't find any dji product even tho u have action 2, 3, mic, mavic 2 air, and this vod camera i can't recall the name.

The phone is one year in the market ADD SUPPORT FOR IT.....
2022-10-14
Use props
stagnant
lvl.3
Norway

My "fix" was turning mobile data off, connecting to osmo on wifi with the password you find in "wireless info" on cam. Then open the app and hit connect anywhere between 1-50x times. when connected i can turn on mobile data again to get interenet connection.  Camera wi-fi frequency set to 2.4GHz.
2022-10-14
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

As posted in the other thread, with the new Osmo firmware the Android 13 phone can finally see the camera. So that is solved. That you have to "hit connect anywhere between 1-50x times" is still the case. Well, I tried it three times at least with no success.
2022-10-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if you were able to activate your DJI Osmo Action 3 during the first time set up? Can you please try to use a different mobile device that was listed on our recommended devices on our store website to see if the issue persists? You may refer to the link below for you to check the list. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/osmo-action-3/downloads
2022-10-16
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

mcburn Posted at 10-14 10:00
I'm using a pixel 6 pro, tried it with the pixel 6 pro of my wife also doesn't find any dji product even tho u have action 2, 3, mic, mavic 2 air, and this vod camera i can't recall the name.

The phone is one year in the market ADD SUPPORT FOR IT.....

Yep I have a pixel 6 pro with android 13 and you can't activate the camera l, I had to use a galaxy s21 LOL
2022-10-16
Use props
actionxander
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150505 ft
United States

snorkel Posted at 2022-10-16 17:56
Yep I have a pixel 6 pro with android 13 and you can't activate the camera l, I had to use a galaxy s21 LOL

Was there ever a fix to this? I was actually able to activate my replacement Osmo Action with my Google Pixel 4a but now I can only see the camera and every time I hit "connect" it never works
2023-1-19
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

actionxander Posted at 1-19 10:44
Was there ever a fix to this? I was actually able to activate my replacement Osmo Action with my Google Pixel 4a but now I can only see the camera and every time I hit "connect" it never works

Did you try turning of cellular data
2023-1-19
Use props
LenB
New

United States

This may be a repeat post?

New Action 3. Android 13 software on S21 phone.

Tried all above including turn off mobile data
2023-1-23
Use props
naked_techie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68970 ft
United Kingdom

WernerD Posted at 2022-10-15 08:53
As posted in the other thread, with the new Osmo firmware the Android 13 phone can finally see the camera. So that is solved. That you have to "hit connect anywhere between 1-50x times" is still the case. Well, I tried it three times at least with no success.

Interesting question - how does someone update the firmware if they can't connect the phone to the camera to be able to update the firmware?
2023-1-24
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

naked_techie Posted at 1-24 02:16
Interesting question - how does someone update the firmware if they can't connect the phone to the camera to be able to update the firmware?

They can’t. That’s why I think that we should be able to choose to use it or update firmware manually ourselves. We currently have no choice which is a nuisance for some phone owners.
2023-1-24
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

well  the camera will require a phone.    whoever's phone you use. at a local  phone  store to a strangers.
2023-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules