Camrise - An Authorized Distributor??
1747 12 2022-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kyo002
lvl.1

United States

I just recieved what was sold as a new unit (did not have "refurbished" in the title as did others). The seals of the box have been cut and it appears that where the label lists the model and would show "(refurbished)" has been cut off as the adhesive is still present.  I'm afraid I have just been ripped off for $1000.00. Why would DJI maintain a authorized distributorship with such a company and what can I do now short of reporting to my credit card company?
2022-10-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, could you please tell us more details about the distributor you mentioned? Please tell us the address of the distributor or your location to better confirm this. You can also visit the link below to check the authorized dealers. https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ... ite&from=footer
2022-10-14
Use props
Kyo002
lvl.1

United States

Hi Mindy,

I went through the official DJI website to ensure I bought from an authorized dealer.  This is how I came to buy from Camrise.  We are located in Washington State.
2022-10-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kyo002 Posted at 10-14 17:49
Hi Mindy,

I went through the official DJI website to ensure I bought from an authorized dealer.  This is how I came to buy from Camrise.  We are located in Washington State.

Thanks for the confirmation. Could you please PM me detailed information about your order such as the order number or the serial number of the drone? Please also post some pictures of the seals you mentioned above for our further confirmation.
2022-10-14
Use props
Kyo002
lvl.1

United States

2022-10-15
Use props
Kyo002
lvl.1

United States

This is looking at the bottom of the retail packing box, right side. You can just make out an oval residue which is a part of the circle seal you find on electronic products. The round seal is just below the residue, so this is a new discovery that not only where they cut open, but replaced/moved. Also the part of the seal that is there would not be centered, which seals normally are.

I tried again this morning to get ahold of someone at the numbers as shown on the Camrise site through the DJI site but I was again told there is no live contact only email. This morning I was told that using the "service@camrise.com" which per the email one I could use to reply for any issue with my order, as well as what is on the Camrise site through the DJI site, is not the right email and was given 2 alternates, one being "sales...", the other "info...", both with the "@camrise.com" domain.

Thank You.
2022-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kyo002 Posted at 10-15 10:31
[view_image]

This is looking at the bottom of the retail packing box, right side. You can just make out an oval residue which is a part of the circle seal you find on electronic products. The round seal is just below the residue, so this is a new discovery that not only where they cut open, but replaced/moved. Also the part of the seal that is there would not be centered, which seals normally are.

Thanks for the information provided. We will forward your concerns to the corresponding team to confirm this issue with the team. If there is any update, we will get back to you asap.
2022-10-15
Use props
Kyo002
lvl.1

United States

Hi Mindy,

I received this email today.  There was no address as to why the label had been tampered with, the cut seals, or the "S" in the SN. Today while doing some more research, I did see on the DJI Online Store that under Refurbished Process and how it works that it does state an "S" or an "R" identifies a refurbished product.

I have asked (Camrise) that if they can provide me with what I purchased, brand new in a sealed box, that I would be satisfied and if not, then to go ahead and send the return label.  I also said that I would let DJI and my Credit Card know that it was resolved with a new unit as purchased.  If they end up refunding, I will let DJI and my Credit Card know, but I cannot promise kindness on social media postings, due to the experience and the potential for them to do it with others.

Here is the email from Camrise:

Sam Gazawie (CAMRISE)

Oct 17, 2022, 16:54 ADT

Deann,
I checked you purchased and confirmed the item we shipped you is new, in fact DJI has confirmed you have not activated, the drone. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please do not activate the drone, I can email you a free return label, once we receive your return, serial number 3N33......, you will receive a full refund. Please let me know. Thanks
Sam Gazawie

2022-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kyo002 Posted at 10-17 20:56
Hi Mindy,

I received this email today.  There was no address as to why the label had been tampered with, the cut seals, or the "S" in the SN. Today while doing some more research, I did see on the DJI Online Store that under Refurbished Process and how it works that it does state an "S" or an "R" identifies a refurbished product.

We are deeply sorry to know about this. We will forward this issue to the corresponding team and confirm with the dealer. Thanks for your patience in advance.
2022-10-19
Use props
Kyo002
lvl.1

United States

Hi Mindy,
I was in touch again with Sam at Camrise. He assures me he has put aside a brand new, factory sealed drone which will be shipped upon receipt of the refurbished unit.  I'd like to give them the opportunity to make this right as this item is difficult to find.  If they do not, then I will again return, ask for a full refund and will file a claim/dispute with my credit card if they try to cheat me.  I've read some reviews about this happening to people when returning things to Camrise, but sometimes you don't know the full story on those reviews.

I thank you for your assistance and I will follow up once I receive the replacement.  I was sent a return label for two-day air shipping through USPS and I assume the replacement order will be sent UPS again. I would expect it to ship by Friday or Monday at the latest.

Thank You.
2022-10-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kyo002 Posted at 10-19 23:31
Hi Mindy,
I was in touch again with Sam at Camrise. He assures me he has put aside a brand new, factory sealed drone which will be shipped upon receipt of the refurbished unit.  I'd like to give them the opportunity to make this right as this item is difficult to find.  If they do not, then I will again return, ask for a full refund and will file a claim/dispute with my credit card if they try to cheat me.  I've read some reviews about this happening to people when returning things to Camrise, but sometimes you don't know the full story on those reviews.

Thank you for your update on this case, we look forward to hearing that the issue is sorted when you receive the package. Any further assistance is required, please feel free to let us know.
2022-10-20
Use props
Kyo002
lvl.1

United States

Hi Mindy,

We received the replacement which was a new, factory sealed unit, so that has been resolved.  Unfortunately, a new issue arose with it and that is the two "spare" batteries that are a part of the "Fly More Combo" are dead. I read up on it and I guess they go into a hibernation mode and I checked by pressing the button on top and the LED's do not light up. Further reading says this means they are dead.  We did try both the strip multi-charger and charging them by themselves on the cable with no luck.  Could you advise as to whether I address this with Camrise or direct with DJI?

Thank you for all your help and so sorry to be such a bother.
2022-11-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kyo002 Posted at 11-1 13:55
Hi Mindy,

We received the replacement which was a new, factory sealed unit, so that has been resolved.  Unfortunately, a new issue arose with it and that is the two "spare" batteries that are a part of the "Fly More Combo" are dead. I read up on it and I guess they go into a hibernation mode and I checked by pressing the button on top and the LED's do not light up. Further reading says this means they are dead.  We did try both the strip multi-charger and charging them by themselves on the cable with no luck.  Could you advise as to whether I address this with Camrise or direct with DJI?

I am sorry to hear about this, please try to keep charging the batteries for over 2 hours, and see if they will be resumed. If not, you can send the batteries back to DJI directly for assistance.
Please start an online repair case at https://www.dji.com/support/repair
Thank you.
2022-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules